c***s on the road

On 14/07/2019 at 00:01, Gaz said:

There's a junction near the motorway slip-road on the A905 near Glensburgh Road in Grangemouth.

If you're appraoching from Skinflats it goes from two lanes into three.

If you're turning left to go to Glensburgh, you're in the left lane and stay in the left lane.

If you approach in the left lane but are going straight on, you go into the middle lane.

If you approach in the right lane, you go into the right lane.

There are clear markings on the road which indicate this.

The amount of utter fuckwits who approach in the right lane, ignore the markings and go straight into the middle lane is fucking unbelievable.

Happened to me on a lesson. 

Has also happened since passing at least twice, utter c***s usually an Audi.

Dickhead towing a caravan went to pull over into my lane and basically just fucking indicated and started pulling over at the same time, leaving me with a little emergency brake, a mouthful of swearing, lights flashing and my pants shat.

Dickhead towing a caravan went to pull over into my lane and basically just fucking indicated and started pulling over at the same time, leaving me with a little emergency brake, a mouthful of swearing, lights flashing and my pants shat.

Ahh yes, the number of people who have gotten angry at me cause they’ve indicated and assumed I have to let them out, thus expecting me to put the brakes on. Usually this happens despite me going 15/20mph faster and there being nothing behind me!

Indication does is not a god given right to manoeuvre.

55 minutes ago, Widge said:

Ahh yes, the number of people who have gotten angry at me cause they’ve indicated and assumed I have to let them out, thus expecting me to put the brakes on. Usually this happens despite me going 15/20mph faster and there being nothing behind me!

Correct

On 13/07/2019 at 23:21, microdave said:

On the M74 today I was in the middle lane and approaching the car to my left (slowly tbf), when the car behind pulled left and undertook me despite the outside lane being completely empty. Baffling!

Middle lane hogger ^^^

14 hours ago, Widge said:

This happened to me on Sunday heading north at Milton on the A82 towards Loch Lomond. A total arsepiece signalled and pulled out immediately causing me to brake. They then dawdled along in the outside lane all the way up to the roundabout at Balloch before cutting across lanes  to head straight up towards Luss. Cnut!

One I've meant to mention before -

Dual carriageways, somebody bimbling along in the overtaking lane when the inside lane is empty. Maybe passing a car every 1/4 of a mile or so. I won't "undertake" or tailgate so what I tend to do is sit just behind them but in the inside lane, pulling out to pass traffic but returning to their blind spot right after. The effect for them is they see a car appearing and disappearing from their rear view mirror. Eventually they take the hint, pull over and I can get past.

But then the buggers pull back into the overtaking lane and resume bimbling!

WTF is that about? They know they're holding up traffic, they know they're in the wrong, so why do they do it? I'm not talking about one incident, I've seen this quite a few times. Is it because they can't be arsed changing lanes to overtake or something?

On 14/07/2019 at 00:01, Gaz said:

There's a junction near the motorway slip-road on the A905 near Glensburgh Road in Grangemouth.

If you're appraoching from Skinflats it goes from two lanes into three.

If you're turning left to go to Glensburgh, you're in the left lane and stay in the left lane.

If you approach in the left lane but are going straight on, you go into the middle lane.

If you approach in the right lane, you go into the right lane.

There are clear markings on the road which indicate this.

The amount of utter fuckwits who approach in the right lane, ignore the markings and go straight into the middle lane is fucking unbelievable.

Experienced this yesterday with a daft bint who then, unsurprisingly, continued along to make an absolute coos arse of navigating the roundabout further ahead.

55 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

One I've meant to mention before -

Dual carriageways, somebody bimbling along in the overtaking lane when the inside lane is empty. Maybe passing a car every 1/4 of a mile or so. I won't "undertake" or tailgate so what I tend to do is sit just behind them but in the inside lane, pulling out to pass traffic but returning to their blind spot right after. The effect for them is they see a car appearing and disappearing from their rear view mirror. Eventually they take the hint, pull over and I can get past.

But then the buggers pull back into the overtaking lane and resume bimbling!

WTF is that about? They know they're holding up traffic, they know they're in the wrong, so why do they do it? I'm not talking about one incident, I've seen this quite a few times. Is it because they can't be arsed changing lanes to overtake or something?

I think that's where you're mistaken - some people are completely ignorant to the rules of the road, oblivious to other road users and absolutely no idea that what they're doing is wrong/illegal. 

Was walking today pushing my 9 month old to the helix near TFS and at the big roundabout near the stadium seen not 1 but 2 cars in 2mins use the left lane of 3 for straight ahead.

The roundabout has 3 possible ways you can go left, straight ahead and right. You have 3 lanes to choose from as you approach. Which lane do you think you should be in for straight ahead?

If I was sat in any of those vehicles as the driver is too thick to figure out what they did wrong I'd have to tell them that they're too thick to drive and should resit the test. 

4 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Was walking today pushing my 9 month old to the helix near TFS and at the big roundabout near the stadium seen not 1 but 2 cars in 2mins use the left lane of 3 for straight ahead.

The roundabout has 3 possible ways you can go left, straight ahead and right. You have 3 lanes to choose from as you approach. Which lane do you think you should be in for straight ahead?

If I was sat in any of those vehicles as the driver is too thick to figure out what they did wrong I'd have to tell them that they're too thick to drive and should resit the test. 

If it is the roundabout /i am thinking about(Westfield roundabout that had the boats on it) the lanes also have arrows on them to tell you what way you should go.

7 minutes ago, ajwffc said:

If it is the roundabout /i am thinking about(Westfield roundabout that had the boats on it) the lanes also have arrows on them to tell you what way you should go.

Yes you have the right roundabout and I think you're correct.

Even without arrows I can't believe how stupid people are as to not figure it out.

The 1st guy was the worst as he nearly wiped out 2 cars with his stupidity. 

Whilst I'm on the subject of roundabouts on Thursday at Hermiston Gait I seen the stupidest act by an road user that I've witnessed in 18 years.

Fella was in the wrong lane going round. He was in the lane for the retail park but wanted to head upto Calder road.

When he got to Hermiston Gait and the lane basically told him where he had fucked up he didn't just drive in and  make his way back out again. No he decided to brake on the roundabout.

Well I was the 1st vehicle behind the 1 that had to pull an emergency stop because this arseholes wanted to change lane and not just go into the retail park and come back out.

Edited by Gaz FFC

Whilst I'm on the subject of roundabouts on Thursday at Hermiston Gait I seen the stupidest act by an road user that I've witnessed in 18 years.
Fella was in the wrong lane going round. He was in the lane for the retail park but wanted to head upto Calder road.
When he got to Hermiston Gait and the lane basically told him where he had fucked up he didn't just drive in and  make his way back out again. No he decided to break on the roundabout.
Well I was the 1st vehicle behind the 1 that had to pull an emergency stop because this arseholes wanted to change lane and not just go into the retail park and come back out.

That must happen a lot going by the number of smashed cars I have seen on the roundabout at that bit.
Yes you have the right roundabout and I think you're correct.
Even without arrows I can't believe how stupid people are as to not figure it out.
The 1st guy was the worst as he nearly wiped out 2 cars with his stupidity. 
The worst I have seen at that roundabout is a car in the right hand lane(heading from Grangemouth) but wanting to head towards the fire station. Instead of going round the roundabout they cut across it just about wiping themselves/a NWR pickup and a NWR Iveco RRV truck.

Took me about 20 minutes to get onto a dual carriageway yesterday as despite the traffic seeing me sitting there from miles away, not one of them decided to move over to let me out.

I'll probably end up on this thread as I lost the head eventually and just dove out, managed to get up to speed before anyone actually got near me, but its not the smartest move.

6 hours ago, ajwffc said:

That must happen a lot going by the number of smashed cars I have seen on the roundabout at that bit. The worst I have seen at that roundabout is a car in the right hand lane(heading from Grangemouth) but wanting to head towards the fire station. Instead of going round the roundabout they cut across it just about wiping themselves/a NWR pickup and a NWR Iveco RRV truck.

This is what baffles me - the clue is in the name "a roundabout". Why not just go round it, filtering across to the correct lane? I've seen me in the wrong lane and just going round again.

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

The arsehole who overtook me right before a blind bend yesterday.

What’s more I had to slam on the breaks to let him squeeze in between me and the car in front.

Top c**t-age.

Hope no Kitkats were broken