c***s on the road

I was driving back from the game at Livingston tonight on the M8 and it narrows down one lane for roadworks. Pretty quiet so big gaps in traffic but I noticed a car bombing up the outside lane, alternately putting on left then right signals, which then squeezed in front of me at the last minute as the cones narrowed. Absolute arsehole behaviour. 

He then drove right up the back of the car in front who was in a queue of traffic, constantly flashing his lights at him, before swerving through the cones into the roadworks before accelerating to overtake the line of traffic. There were guys working on the central reservation but I couldn't see if he swerved back through the cones before reaching them. Truly a c**t on the road.

My wife was driving in the dark, with me a passenger. In traffic she commented the car in front kept signalling right, but not moving over. I watched and observed it was his brake light, going on to say if he was indicating it would be orange.

Different coloured back lights for different purposes were a complete revelation.

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

My wife was driving in the dark, with me a passenger. In traffic she commented the car in front kept signalling right, but not moving over. I watched and observed it was his brake light, going on to say if he was indicating it would be orange.

Different coloured back lights for different purposes were a complete revelation.

The "indicator" must have blinking pretty erratically as well.

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

The "indicator" must have blinking pretty erratically as well.

I think it was a Golf, with a single or an additional brake light down low on the right rear bumper. It was blinking in the way any normal person would expect a brake light.

6 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Years ago, a mate of mine was in the car with his wife driving. There was a power cut in part of the town and she was driving around it, taking a longer route. When he asked her why, she said "in case the headlights cut out".

And yes, he married her for her looks. 

5 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Years ago, a mate of mine was in the car with his wife driving. There was a power cut in part of the town and she was driving around it, taking a longer route. When he asked her why, she said "in case the headlights cut out".

And yes, he married her for her looks. 

Not driving related but similar thing, years ago our neighbour got some wee solar lights to line the path to the front door. My MIL said they look nice but, "ye couldnae afford to run them!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

20230616_081159.thumb.jpg.0c2c3ccc35b50c6532f3ebb63fe6a8dd.jpg

What is it with people using gyms needing to park as close as humanly possible to the door. The Fiesta and the Gimp-Wagon are parked in the yellow hatched area 10 yards from the entrance, the BMW and the Merc aren't in parking bays. Absolutely loads of spaces in the car park behind them but obviously the thought of walking 50 steps to the gym is beyond them.

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

What is it with people using gyms needing to park as close as humanly possible to the door. The Fiesta and the Gimp-Wagon are parked in the yellow hatched area 10 yards from the entrance, the BMW and the Merc aren't in parking bays. Absolutely loads of spaces in the car park behind them but obviously the thought of walking 50 steps to the gym is beyond them.

One of my pet hates. As I've said before, park properly 50 steps away and count these 50 steps as part of your work out. 

9 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Tow the load of them away…and keep doing it until they get the message.

Just had the pleasure of saying to a motorcyclist, think bike think w@nker.

On my way in to the road I beeped him to ask to move his bike back a bit, I'm in a Merc sprinter and it's a tight corner, he shrugged his shoulders and said there's no where else I can move it and I said, I need access to the lock up, he shrugged again.  I told him its a bike ffs you can park it on the pavement he told me to go round it by bumping up on the pavement, it took me all my gumption not to knock the f@ckin thing over, chunt. Look at the space the arsehole had.

He's on a corner and on double yellow. The way he was acting it's as if I was in the wrong.

DSC_1506.JPG

4 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

Just had the pleasure of saying to a motorcyclist, think bike think w@nker.

On my way in to the road I beeped him to ask to move his bike back a bit, I'm in a Merc sprinter and it's a tight corner, he shrugged his shoulders and said there's no where else I can move it and I said, I need access to the lock up, he shrugged again.  I told him its a bike ffs you can park it on the pavement he told me to go round it by bumping up on the pavement, it took me all my gumption not to knock the f@ckin thing over, chunt. Look at the space the arsehole had.

He's on a corner and on double yellow. The way he was acting it's as if I was in the wrong.

DSC_1506.JPG

You'd easy fit that in a sprinter

45 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

My mate who's a motorcycle instructor told me I should have just run over it as it's worth 50p.  I wish I had.

Get out, take a good picture…attempt to go around while obeying the rules of the road as that’s what he told you to do…too bad, mate, I called the polis…show picture to polis…enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...

Regardless of the circumstances which had led to the sad death of a girl at a school in Wimbledon, there is absolutely no need to be driving about a city in a 2+ Tonne car designed for driving up mountains and through war zones.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Regardless of the circumstances which had led to the sad death of a girl at a school in Wimbledon, there is absolutely no need to be driving about a city in a 2+ Tonne car designed for driving up mountains and through war zones.

You’d have a stroke in the parking lot of the average shopping centre around here then. In this case it’s not so much the insanely huge SUV’s and stuff, but the stupidly “lifted” trucks and SUV’s that result in blind spots the size of a city block.

This is the kind of idiocy I see daily…and you can lose sight of a fully grown man walking in front of it:

IMG_0523.jpeg.a163788e461220cb96ea8526a9606fa0.jpeg

Roundabout at Hermiston Gait earlier today. Three lanes at the roundbout coming from the retail park:

City Bypass | M8 West | M8 West

I'm in the middle lane to head West and there's a car in the left lane. Who if course then goes straight over towards the M8. He's not finished though, oh no. Because he's not content with just cutting me up and going into the left hand lane on the motorway, he veers across me into the right hand lane before screeching to a halt at the lights just under the flyover. He still had one final trick up his sleeve though, as he drove up the M8 along the dashes rather than in one lane or the other. I did give him a disapproving look as I went past though, so hopefully that'll teach him. (Nope, he was totally oblivious).