c***s on the road

11 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Was this at the Whitletts roundabout by any chance? Plenty of people drive around that as if they have never encountered a roundabout before.

Nah it was the one further along the bypass near the hospital (Bankfield?).

Whitletts is wild for people either running the lights or just driving through it in a straight line.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

Nah it was the one further along the bypass near the hospital (Bankfield?).

Whitletts is wild for people either running the lights or just driving through it in a straight line.

People drive around that one (and the Holmston roundabout) like fannies as well.

2 hours ago, Molotov said:

You are quite right.

There really are some fcuking idiots out there.

I ride motorcycles as well as drive cars. 

Perhaps before anyone (able bodied) is allowed to drive a car they should have to pass a CBT and be on a small motorcycle or moped for a year first.

It might teach better road sense - especially on difficult roads. Just because it says “national speed limit” doesn’t mean you have to hit it and go even faster.

Saying that there are some fcuking lunatic bikers out there - especially those in their 50s riding powerful motorcycles way beyond their capabilities.

Anyway I’ve now qualified for free bus pass. Ditch the car and the bike! 😂 

Motorcyclists thinking its acceptable hugging the white lines in the middle of the road going round a corner with their head hanging over the wrong side of the road can be entertaining.  You'd think they'd fully appreciate how vulnerable they are on the road.

16 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Motorcyclists thinking it’s acceptable hugging the white lines in the middle of the road going round a corner with their head hanging over the wrong side of the road can be entertaining.  You'd think they'd fully appreciate how vulnerable they are on the road.

There are way too many deaths on the roads of motorcyclists (and to a lesser extent cyclists).

I don’t know the exact stats but I’m sure many are as a direct result of very poor road position and speed. 

33 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Tesla drivers are quickly moving ahead of the rest in the c**t on the road stakes.

Hopefully won’t be too long until we see many of them parked up on the side of the road with no power as their batteries have fully “degraded”!

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

There are way too many deaths on the roads of motorcyclists (and to a lesser extent cyclists).

I don’t know the exact stats but I’m sure many are as a direct result of very poor road position and speed. 

My theory is middle age crisis folk buying fast bikes and only taking them out for the odd dry day at the weekend so they never get used to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Regular offender.  Can't be arsed parking in a more sensible place and having to walk an extra 150 yards.

Also they often park so close to legally parked cars they have no chance of getting out.

The pics don't really do it justice.  That's a t-junction they are over.

Screenshot_20230424-171406_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230424-171357_Gallery.jpg

6 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Regular offender.  Can't be arsed parking in a more sensible place and having to walk an extra 150 yards.

Also they often park so close to legally parked cars they have no chance of getting out.

The pics don't really do it justice.  That's a t-junction they are over.

Screenshot_20230424-171406_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230424-171357_Gallery.jpg

A couple of screws in the tyres are needed ..

28 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

A couple of screws in the tyres are needed ..

Given that’s an F10 BMW, which was originally equipped with runflat tyres, that may not work. Just saying, but a white van making a tight left turn could leave a lovely stripe down the side though.

What are people’s thoughts on drivers on the motorway who go start speeding to overtake a car only to fire back across them because they are about to exit at the junction a few 109 yards away?

Why not just sit behind that car for another few seconds and exit the motorway sensibly?

Glasgow Airport taxi drivers must intentionally drive like complete and utter fannies, there is no other explanation for it.

Was in the inside lane of the M8 approaching the slip road where traffic from the airport merges on, and spotted one of the white Airport taxis about 3/4 of the way up the slip road, but going roughly half the speed I was doing. Even though there was no need for me to do this, I slowed down slightly and pulled over to the middle, allowing him to merge in to a clear lane. With him on my inside and me in the middle lane a couple of car lengths back, I started to accelerate in order to overtake. For reasons that I still can’t fathom, and with no cars in front of him, he pulls out in to the middle leaving about a foot between us. I genuinely don’t think the guy even knew I was there, and just decided that with an empty motorway he was going to saunter along in the middle lane. This is a person who drives for a living and has absolutely no idea how a motorway works, and doesn’t feel the need to look around him to check for other vehicles when changing lanes. I see these white airport taxis regularly where I stay and they are a genuine danger to life. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

46 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

I have been between jobs for a few weeks so have been doing the food delivery door dash as I look around. Quite enjoying it but see so much craziness as I drive about. 

Do you take a 6 shooter with you on your rounds?

Taxi drivers are often the worst.

There was a new mini-roundabout placed in our town where a t-junction used to be.

The taxi driver went straight over as if it was still the old t-junction with a car coming from his right.

When I asked why he didn't wait he stated mini-roundabouts don't count.

Edited by Loonytoons
Fat fingers