c***s on the road

51 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Maybe a PTTGOMN, but what is the point of driving about with front fog lamps on in fog free conditions? 

I'm guessing attention seeking behaviour. 

Priklites. They come on automatically to warn other road users when a p***k is driving. Think it was an EU regulation. 

Had a close call on the M73/M80 between Xmas and New year,i was heading to work and had a van suddenly change lane as i went to pass him just coming onto the M73 from the M80 at about 65mph.I managed to slam the brakes on and swerve just missing the van,i was heading right for start of the crash barrier and a lamp post but then went side ways on the M80 on the hard shoulder.

It is a good job the UPS uniform is brown as i crapped myself.

Edited by Andy Dufresne

6 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Had a close call on the M73/M80 between Xmas and New year,i was heading to work and had a van suddenly change lane as i went to pass him just coming onto the M73 from the M80 at about 65mph.I managed to slam the brakes on and swerve just missing the van,i was heading right for start of the crash barrier and a lamp post but then went side ways on the M80 on the hard shoulder.

It is a good job the UPS uniform is brown as i crapped myself.

Got to watch that junction. People will change lanes at the last minute from M80 lanes over to the M73. Further down is the same with the M73 four lane section split for M74.

14 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Priklites. They come on automatically to warn other road users when a p***k is driving. Think it was an EU regulation. 

Bit like those ones that come on when people are going round corners then go off like theres a fault................as if the actual headlights and indicators are not enough. 

20 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Maybe a PTTGOMN, but what is the point of driving about with front fog lamps on in fog free conditions? 

I'm guessing attention seeking behaviour. 

I live in the countryside and use mine on country roads, not led lights mind you. 

It's handy to light up low levels so when a suicidal fox or badger is at the side of the road I can see eyes light up and not get a fucked bumper.. 

Turn them off in town mind you as utterly pointless, do see some roasters with high beams on in street lit areas. That's an utter b*****d. 

6 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Bit like those ones that come on when people are going round corners then go off like theres a fault................as if the actual headlights and indicators are not enough. 

Actually found those cornering lights to be useful on the last car I had with them, much more so than those stupid fog lights every w****r and their cousin have blazing 24/7 around here.

Coming home from Edinburgh yesterday , passing through Newtongrange there’s some roadworks with stop go boards just passed the the railway bridge, the two clowns operating them turned both ends to go when I was going through, ending up with a stand off in the middle as two lines of traffic met , eventually one of the idiots managed to move some cones and allow the two cars heading towards Edinburgh to move across and allow the traffic heading south pass 

3 hours ago, stanton said:

Coming home from Edinburgh yesterday , passing through Newtongrange there’s some roadworks with stop go boards just passed the the railway bridge, the two clowns operating them turned both ends to go when I was going through, ending up with a stand off in the middle as two lines of traffic met , eventually one of the idiots managed to move some cones and allow the two cars heading towards Edinburgh to move across and allow the traffic heading south pass 

image.jpeg.891d52d3ea3e22f1d7f8fa7f7c8de89d.jpeg

Christmas eve, on my way home from the hospital. some cnut (probably drunk) swerved so far left he was in my lane heading straight towards me. Only thing I could to to avoid a head-on was swerve right (in 'murca remember) which resulted in me "kerbing" my car pretty seriously. Bodywork damage and fucked suspension, passenger side front wheel about 6" further back and pointing in the opposite direction to the drivers side wheel!

Try getting a loaner  at that time of year....had to wait until January 2nd!

I think I was that c**t today. My car was in for a service and it was still light when I picked it up. I went to the shops and it was dark when I can out, but I only noticed going down the slip road on the motorway that my headlights were off. I forgot that every time the car is in the garage they turn the headlights off instead of being set to auto. I was driving about town for a good 30 minutes in the dark without noticing as I just assumed the lights were on.

3 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

I think I was that c**t today. My car was in for a service and it was still light when I picked it up. I went to the shops and it was dark when I can out, but I only noticed going down the slip road on the motorway that my headlights were off. I forgot that every time the car is in the garage they turn the headlights off instead of being set to auto. I was driving about town for a good 30 minutes in the dark without noticing as I just assumed the lights were on.

That’s a problem that’s occurring more often. My local dealership has taken to instructing its valets (it’s what they call the runners that get cars when people come to pick them up) to check every vehicle for “auto” headlights, and switch them to “auto” when bringing them out front to the customer. Results in a few annoyed old c**ts, but better for the liability.

Are DRL’s (daytime running lights) required in the UK, like in the U.S.? I suspect that DRL’s, when combined with auto headlights, cause many issues. It just seems a lot of drivers simply assume their DRL’s are crappy headlights, without realizing they haven’t even switched the headlights on (happened to my MiL).

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

That’s a problem that’s occurring more often. My local dealership has taken to instructing its valets (it’s what they call the runners that get cars when people come to pick them up) to check every vehicle for “auto” headlights, and switch them to “auto” when bringing them out front to the customer. Results in a few annoyed old c**ts, but better for the liability.

Are DRL’s (daytime running lights) required in the UK, like in the U.S.? I suspect that DRL’s, when combined with auto headlights, cause many issues. It just seems a lot of drivers simply assume their DRL’s are crappy headlights, without realizing they haven’t even switched the headlights on (happened to my MiL).

image.jpeg.81b0edb1903fc2ce22b5efb9750740b1.jpeg

12 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

I've certainly done that and I assume most people have. The more serious version of being moaned at at the car wash for forgetting to turn the auto-wipers off.

It's happened to me too but I hadn't driven far when I realised. I only noticed when I went to switch the heating on and wondered why it was dark. I actually had to pull over because I wasn't sure how to switch it on and didn't want a distraction while I was moving. And tbh, you don't need headlights to see in a built up area with streetlights. But you need them for other road users to see you.

7 hours ago, hk blues said:

image.jpeg.81b0edb1903fc2ce22b5efb9750740b1.jpeg

Jezzzz, sorry, didn’t want to sound posh…I always thought they were “runners” or “drivers”, while valets were the b*****ds out front of some fancy place that you figure will rummage through your car while they park it.