c***s on the road

9 hours ago, welshbairn said:

No damage to either vehicle, no video evidence, even with 2 witnesses against one I very much doubt it.

Section 2 (dangerous driving) and Section 3 (careless driving)of the Road Traffic Act 1988 would apply. I don't think damage to a vehicle is necessary for infringement of those Sections.

At the very least the Prosecutor might offer a fixed penalty with points and if the cnut drives like that they're likely to have points already so would have to drive very carefully indeed in future.

I just don't think some radge in a van should get away with road rage that could have had serious consequences as they would likely do it to other people and if reporting it to the police causes at the very least a degree of inconvenience for them then that's good.

23 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I just don't think some radge in a van should get away with road rage that could have had serious consequences

Agreed, I just think that if the van driver denied it, it wouldn't go any further. 

Section 3 is easy to prove and is used most times. A section 2 is a difficult one to prove at times and often the charge would often be dropped to a Section 3.

Have a court appearance for speeding this week on M8.  Happened at 0330 in the morning. Average speed cameras in force near to Govan along to Brahead. Never saw the signs and clocked at 67 in a 40.

5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Just fucked my front wheel hitting a brick on Harefield Road in Dundee. Fuckin fuming. Please take care if you are heading down this way because there's a couple. Phoned the Boabies.

Are they going to arrest the bricks?

15 minutes ago, sophia said:

Maybe a road block?

According to a British Standards, a brick is a masonry unit that does not exceed 338mm in length, 225 in width nor 113mm in height.

So unless Johnny measured said road interloper, we have to assume it was a road brick.

I don’t make up the rules though.

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

According to a British Standards, a brick is a masonry unit that does not exceed 338mm in length, 225 in width nor 113mm in height.

So unless Johnny measured said road interloper, we have to assume it was a road brick.

I don’t make up the rules though.

Fair enough, but with a British a standard block being 390 mm x (range of 100mm to 300mm) x 180mm, assuming he’s doing 30 or so, is he quick enough to determine if it’s a brick or a smaller block? I mean, you’ve got to be able to judge a difference of about 30-40mm at speed, so it’s possible it was a block instead. Granted, the amount of damage would be more with a brick, due to its more solid construction, unless it was a large block, then the height advantage over the brick would allow it to damage the bodywork more effectively,

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Fair enough, but with a British a standard block being 390 mm x (range of 100mm to 300mm) x 180mm, assuming he’s doing 30 or so, is he quick enough to determine if it’s a brick or a smaller block? I mean, you’ve got to be able to judge a difference of about 30-40mm at speed, so it’s possible it was a block instead. Granted, the amount of damage would be more with a brick, due to its more solid construction, unless it was a large block, then the height advantage over the brick would allow it to damage the bodywork more effectively,

You peaked too early there with your commas

Edited by Cosmic Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Usual rant about the standard of driving on the A82 incoming. The usual tourists that seem to come over this time of year didn't actually bother me that much, you can spot the hire car and driving style right away, so just inevitably sit a safe distance back, wait for them to slam on the brakes and dive into a layby with no indication. 

Top belter was the lad in a white Alfa Romeo, near Glen Etive as I was overtaking some slow moving traffic, it looked like he was trying to do the same, but after a couple of straights went by all he was doing was having a peek and then not going. I went out to overtake, when close to level with his rear bumper he moves out in front of me, heavy braking and swearing we both returned left. Not a wave or hazard to offer an apology, a right c**t tbh. I'm fairly sure he was aware of me behind him, a really reckless manoeuvre.  

2 hours ago, thistledo said:

Usual rant about the standard of driving on the A82 incoming. The usual tourists that seem to come over this time of year didn't actually bother me that much, you can spot the hire car and driving style right away, so just inevitably sit a safe distance back, wait for them to slam on the brakes and dive into a layby with no indication. 

Top belter was the lad in a white Alfa Romeo, near Glen Etive as I was overtaking some slow moving traffic, it looked like he was trying to do the same, but after a couple of straights went by all he was doing was having a peek and then not going. I went out to overtake, when close to level with his rear bumper he moves out in front of me, heavy braking and swearing we both returned left. Not a wave or hazard to offer an apology, a right c**t tbh. I'm fairly sure he was aware of me behind him, a really reckless manoeuvre.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PIT_maneuver

Only 317 death over our New Year Week.

Down. but remember folks. This is only death at the scene, no dieing on the way to hospital or dead when you get there...that the records.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2475980/317-died-in-2-440-road-accidents-in-new-years-week

This is only highlighted over the a festive periiod, however, it;s the same every week😒

Hate driving here.