c***s on the road

On 30/12/2021 at 14:58, Empty It said:
On 30/12/2021 at 13:56, tamthebam said:
just put a private hire plate on your car and you'll be fine. 

I don't know anywhere else but in Edinburgh licensed taxis are just as bad as private hire cars, they all drive about permanently angry.

Even I become a perma-seething mess every time I have to drive inside the city boundaries. How the parcel delivery guys that have to navigate it all day every day aren’t all dropping with various cardiovascular problems I’ve no idea. I doff my cap to their tolerance. 

On 30/12/2021 at 09:25, Netan Sansara said:

Someone I know outed themselves as one of these mentalists to me. Their justification was that they need another car to line them up, they can’t just use the lines. Lunacy. 

This is a pretty clear admission that they can't actually drive and therefore should have their licence revoked immediately.

Sweeping generalisation alert….

Remember the days when BMW drivers were regarded as the biggest arseholes on four wheels? Then the title was won by Audi drivers? IMHO there’s a new challenger on the block. Tesla drivers. Ever had one pull up beside you at a set of lights or a junction?

Yes, we know, fancy electric cars are lightning fast away from a standing start. Now fcuk off.

25 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Sweeping generalisation alert….

Remember the days when BMW drivers were regarded as the biggest arseholes on four wheels? Then the title was won by Audi drivers? IMHO there’s a new challenger on the block. Tesla drivers. Ever had one pull up beside you at a set of lights or a junction?

Yes, we know, fancy electric cars are lightning fast away from a standing start. Now fcuk off.

I don't think the title was won by Audi drivers, they just shared it with BMW drivers.

1 minute ago, Craig the Hunter said:

I've noticed a big increase of folk driving around with those green P plates driving like they're still doing lessons. I don't care if you're a new driver, if you've passed your test you should be able to drive competently.

I’m happy to give someone with one of these plates a wee bit more leeway (and a wee bit more space).  I know when I first passed my test, almost 50 years ago, that I wasn’t as accomplished as a more experienced driver.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m happy to give someone with one of these plates a wee bit more leeway (and a wee bit more space).  I know when I first passed my test, almost 50 years ago, that I wasn’t as accomplished as a more experienced driver.

That seems reasonable - and on a sensible level I'd agree with you.

BUT having put three weans through  their driving test over the past few years 'L plates' turn more than a small number of drivers in to absolute dicks.  They seem to regard it as a target.

For that reason alone I'd avoid any sort of plate once a test has been passed.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I'm happy to give them a bit of leeway, but with some of them I'm questioning how they passed their test, I've seen some howling driving from them recently.

11 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

I'm happy to give them a bit of leeway, but with some of them I'm questioning how they passed their test, I've seen some howling driving from them recently.

That’s surely an issue for the examiners.

On 29/12/2021 at 23:11, stu20vt said:

It’s like when you go to a toilet with a row of 6 or 7 urinals all free…and someone pulls up next to you to p1ss

Or even worse, as regularly happens in my work, someone coming into the cubicle directly beside you when doing a shite. There’s 6 cubicles in my work and 90% of the time I stick to the one trap, which is the furthest to the right. That leaves the first 4 cubicles free along with at least a one cubicle buffer. The amount of times someone comes in and picks trap 5 astounds me. 

5 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

That seems reasonable - and on a sensible level I'd agree with you.

BUT having put three weans through  their driving test over the past few years 'L plates' turn more than a small number of drivers in to absolute dicks.  They seem to regard it as a target.

For that reason alone I'd avoid any sort of plate once a test has been passed.

This is correct, its typically stuff ranging from overtaking learners just to slow down in front of them to turn left to tailgating dangerously close for long periods of time. Saw an Audi (one of the SUV monstrosities, think a q5 or q7 or the like) overtake a cyclist and learner at a bit of a bend around Auchinairn a while back navigating the Labrynth of Roundabouts that i hate going through up that way, had to brake hard to sort their shitty driving out.

Edit: may have been Auchinleck actually, think thats quite mazy up that way and all.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

6 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

I've noticed a big increase of folk driving around with those green P plates driving like they're still doing lessons. I don't care if you're a new driver, if you've passed your test you should be able to drive competently.

In Northern Ireland you have to show R plates for a year after passing your test, and you're not allowed to go over 45mph. Not sure if that wouldn't create more accidents than it's meant to prevent.

Was driving down to Cairnryan during the week and a guy in a white Skoda flies past me just after the small dual carriageway section at Turnberry, straight across the solid white lines and very close to oncoming traffic. Get to the roundabout at the ferry terminal and he’s sitting right in front of me. Risking his life and whoever else was in his car to arrive literally 3 seconds quicker than if he just stayed behind me. 

11 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

This is correct, its typically stuff ranging from overtaking learners just to slow down in front of them to turn left to tailgating dangerously close for long periods of time. Saw an Audi (one of the SUV monstrosities, think a q5 or q7 or the like) overtake a cyclist and learner at a bit of a bend around Auchinairn a while back navigating the Labrynth of Roundabouts that i hate going through up that way, had to brake hard to sort their shitty driving out.

Edit: may have been Auchinleck actually, think thats quite mazy up that way and all.

C**** who do that sort of stuff do it to everybody, but it must be particularly disconcerting for learners who would be nervous enough without that sort of shit happening.

I always try to give learners a wee bit of space and time, it's only courtesy.

Although there's maybe something to be said for treating them like sh+1t from the start so they know what to expect...

14 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Or even worse, as regularly happens in my work, someone coming into the cubicle directly beside you when doing a shite. There’s 6 cubicles in my work and 90% of the time I stick to the one trap, which is the furthest to the right. That leaves the first 4 cubicles free along with at least a one cubicle buffer. The amount of times someone comes in and picks trap 5 astounds me. 

Passive aggressive. Trap 6 is actually theirs but sumcunt has had the temerity to use it. If they can’t use it, they’ll spoil the experience for the (ahem) squatter.