c***s on the road

3 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Once this is sorted though, what's the next crisis going to be? It just takes the media to report a potential issue and the panic buying to start to complete the self-fulfilling prophecy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58699444

i can almost, 100% guarantee that it will be about kids xmas toys, or food supplies for xmas.

It's proven to work, intentionally drop something in to the press and the entire country goes nuts.

I saw Iceland (the shop) tried a couple of times already to warn about shortages, they'd love a nice little boost to their profits.......whoever the fk it is that shops in Iceland

1 hour ago, gmca said:

It's been done to death before on this thread no doubt, but cyclists!!

Almost hit 2 of them tonight. They both had no lights and were wearing dark clothing, cycling along dimly lit roads. Was virtually past them before I noticed them. Had to take last minute evasive action and could easily have swerved into oncoming traffic trying to avoid hitting them.  

I pointed out to some Ned on a bicycle tonight that it would be a good idea to have lights when you're wearing black at night in Scotland and he ended up wanting to fight me.

He was a cnut on something though.

One year the Polis had a safety campaign in Edinburgh and handed out the telts in the form of fixed penalties to folk not cycling with lights at night but they never continued with this.

8 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

That is tremendous use of the 4.5 times table, since Scotland stopped advertising fuel in gallons in 1982. 

Off the scale indefatigability

My car, 5 years old, displays consumption in miles per gallon. You do have the option to choose. 

Filled up at Tesco Inverness this afternoon. 129.7 for diesel, no queuing, and no restrictions on amount.
Completely different story in and around Greater Manchester and Lancashire, from what I hear from friends and family in that area.
Inshes retail park one? We arrived there on Saturday fully expecting mental queues and to be running on fumes by the time we got to Strathcarron, but no, all very sensible, no queuing, no idiots filling up jerrycans. Filled up and away in five mins. At the same time apparent total chaos in Angus where we'd left 4 hours earlier [emoji23]

On 26/09/2021 at 02:00, Granny Danger said:

I know what a gallon is, it’s eight pints.  A bit less than five litres.

HTH.

20 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

That is tremendous use of the 4.5 times table, since Scotland stopped advertising fuel in gallons in 1982. 

Off the scale indefatigability

Missed the tap in…a U.S. gallon is 3.8 litres…

52 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Inshes retail park one? We arrived there on Saturday fully expecting mental queues and to be running on fumes by the time we got to Strathcarron, but no, all very sensible, no queuing, no idiots filling up jerrycans. Filled up and away in five mins. At the same time apparent total chaos in Angus where we'd left 4 hours earlier emoji23.png

No, we were at the Retail Park on the A96, approaching Inverness. Also passed Morrisons on Millburn Road, and no queues there either. Just goes to show that Invernesians are the most sensible people in the whole of the UK.

No, we were at the Retail Park on the A96, approaching Inverness. Also passed Morrisons on Millburn Road, and no queues there either. Just goes to show that Invernesians are the most sensible people in the whole of the UK.
They're just siphoning the red diesel from their tractors.

Ridiculous down here, went out at midnight on Saturday to try and find somewhere, there was a tailback at the local service station which charges about 8 billion pound per litre (possibly more). Fortunately passed Sainsbury as the fella was filling the tanks up, asked what time they would open and he said 6. So went home, got up at half 5 yesterday and managed to get a full tank to see me through the next week or so. There was a queue as I was leaving. Every station I passed this morning had sold out, including the Sainsbury that I managed to fill up at. 

2 hours ago, Empty It said:
2 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

They're just siphoning the red diesel from their tractors.

No, they use their tractors on the road as a means of getting to and from the shops, etc, in much the same way as most others use cars.

article-2532838-1A62EA0E00000578-924_634x687.jpg

I filled up last week before this all blew up and I’ve 3/4s left which will do me for another 3 (maybe 4 if I push it) round trips to work. Thankfully wfh means that’s a couple of weeks so hopefully everything will have calmed down before then. 

Although having said that, I drove past an Asda filling station yesterday and a Shell one today and neither were busy.

18 hours ago, gmca said:

It's been done to death before on this thread no doubt, but cyclists!!

Almost hit 2 of them tonight. They both had no lights and were wearing dark clothing, cycling along dimly lit roads. Was virtually past them before I noticed them. Had to take last minute evasive action and could easily have swerved into oncoming traffic trying to avoid hitting them.  

i'd genuinely be more upset if i hit a badger, fox or deer, absolute shower of lycra wearing p***ks.

23 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

And bonus points if it was a 'Murican woman cyclist...

no,, i don't have an issue with the women of scotland, however the everyday office working, mid 30's twats they're married to,....''officer, it was either swerve and hit that fox that ran into the trees, or carry on driving into the lycra covered bell end''   

23 hours ago, Bob in Denny said:

Over here it seems to be young 'uns on mountain bikes..

I also can't work out why 'the pros' as I call them all wear dark clothing..

I cycle ...a lot but I normally wear flou pink teeshirts,

hopefully it works..

and as for those glakit looking fat bikes,

I even met a couple of electric ones over your neck of the wood s a few weeks ago..

That should make sure you're seen for sure!!!

Really hard to fathom why cyclists would wear dark clothing, particularly at night. They've either got a death wish; are totally unaware of the implications; or are just incredibly stupid,  think they own the road and car drivers should wear night goggles to see them.

no,, i don't have an issue with the women of scotland, however the everyday office working, mid 30's twats they're married to,....''officer, it was either swerve and hit that fox that ran into the trees, or carry on driving into the lycra covered bell end''   
Nae bother edgelord [emoji23]