c***s on the road

20 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I seem to remember a website someone put on here which tracked where your turds ended up (possibly SEPA or something).

Thats where mine all go apparently.

You need to seriously consider changing your diet. 

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

It's a pain in the arse if you have to get out of the car and into a wheelchair. I bet you're the kind of person who would sit next to a stranger on an empty bus.

3 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

I wonder what his behaviour is like at a pub urinal?

Right lads,  just to clarify I give as much spacing as possible in these scenarios.  And largely wouldn't park next to someone in an empty car park. But if I knew it would get on their tits without good reason then...

11 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I think the haphazard speed signs cause trouble. Coming onto it from Fife there’s nothing to suggest you’re going onto a motorway and the only visible speed signs are usually the ones for the Forth Bridge which often say 30). People then dawdle up the ramp to join the motorway at about 20mph. On the other side of the water, the sign to show that you’re going from a 50 to a 70 is almost invisible, being some backlit thing out of your line of sight. If you join from Queensferry, again there’s nothing to show you’re in anything other than a 40. 
As a result, you get big bottlenecks as people join the motorway at low speeds. Most weekends there are holdups and I’m guessing much of it is drivers who don’t make the trip as a daily commute.

The signs that say m90 should be a bit of a giveaway.  

46 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Maybe its a special facility for dealing with mushrooms. 

I know an Italian plumber who can handle mushrooms.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Right lads,  just to clarify I give as much spacing as possible in these scenarios.  And largely wouldn't park next to someone in an empty car park. But if I knew it would get on their tits without good reason then...

The signs that say m90 should be a bit of a giveaway.  

There’s one wee sign that says Edinburgh M90 on the edge of the ramp at North Q/inverkeithing but no speed limit signs except the speed signs on the left of the ramp which are for the old bridge but could just as easily be read as being for the crossing slip road. The big bottlenecks show something is up with the speed of the traffic merging at times. A few extra signs wouldn’t go amiss. 

16 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

There’s one wee sign that says Edinburgh M90 on the edge of the ramp at North Q/inverkeithing but no speed limit signs except the speed signs on the left of the ramp which are for the old bridge but could just as easily be read as being for the crossing slip road. The big bottlenecks show something is up with the speed of the traffic merging at times. A few extra signs wouldn’t go amiss. 

Signs? f**k that, get a job lot of these to fling dawdling motorists over the side.

Screenshot_20210706-124708.jpg

Special mention to the wee tube who leaned out of the passenger window of his pal's van after we'd waved them past us to scream "get off the road you bike fucks" seconds before a wee low hanging branch whipped him across the puss at about 45mph [emoji23]

Used to go to the gym in Stirling and when using the treadmills at the window you could see all the folk parking ASCLOSEASPOSSIBLE to the front door so they didn't have to walk a few extra yards to get some exercise. 

2 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Used to go to the gym in Stirling and when using the treadmills at the window you could see all the folk parking ASCLOSEASPOSSIBLE to the front door so they didn't have to walk a few extra yards to get some exercise. 

Maybe they knew you were about and wanted to keep an eye on their cars…

Drove home from Cumbria in torrential rain on Sunday, and between Moffat and Biggar,  the amount of idiots overtaking in dangerous conditions was unreal. On one occasion some fuckwit overtook me at around 60mph, (I was doing 50, as the roads were slippy as f**k, and a lot of bends on that road), he didn't realise there was a bad bend, despite a warning sign further back) and had to pull in at the last second, causing me to brake suddenly.  I cannot understand fuckwits like that , that cannot drive to the conditions. 

Edited by philpy

10 hours ago, philpy said:

Drove home from Cumbria in torrential rain on Sunday, and between Moffat and Biggar,  the amount of idiots overtaking in dangerous conditions was unreal. On one occasion some fuckwit overtook me at around 60mph, (I was doing 50, as the roads were slippy as f**k, and a lot of bends on that road), he didn't realise there was a bad bend, despite a warning sign further back) and had to pull in at the last second, causing me to brake suddenly.  I cannot understand fuckwits like that , that cannot drive to the conditions. 

Most drivers are completely oblivious to the driving conditions and the traffic conditions (which is maybe the same thing).

The amount of people who overtake approaching a bend and then have to slam on their anchors is amazing.

Northern Ireland is so wee, and particularly the further west you go there are no motorways and very few by passes so you're driving through towns and villages at 30/40 mph, that speeding doesn't really gain you very much time.

Pulled out of a side road onto a single carriageway road with no traffic either way, and naturally started to pick up speed to get to 60. Out of nowhere a young guy in a Ford Fiesta appears behind me and must’ve been absolutely hammering it so veers onto the other side of the road to overtake, but as I’m accelerating to get to speed he starts to struggle and a car appears coming the other way and he has to slam on the brakes and tuck in behind me before he causes a pileup. All happened incredibly quickly because of the speed he must’ve been going, but my heart was in my mouth so can’t imagine what he was feeling like. Maniac.

I hate to be that guy, but if you were trying to reach 60 and he struggled to get past you as you gained speed, suggests he was doing no more than 60? 

Or was it a case of he'd slowed down lost momentum and then tried the overtake? Just curious as I absolutely detest c***s that deliberately speed up when being overtaken. 

Doing 70 on the way to Broxden last night, in the overtaking lane, when a boy with a boat behind his car swung out from the empty left hand lane into the overtaking lane with just one flash of his indicator.

Literally had no choice but to undertake him as there was next to no chance I could stop in time.

Why did he do this?

He was turning right at Broxden roundabout, which was still about 5 miles away.

Ive begun to notice this recently and it’s confirmed following a wee tour in the glorious north west Highlands but there are people who drive down the middle of the road. Not a single track road but a 2 lane road. When someone approaches the other way they pull in to the correct lane only to straddle the white line again when they pass. They approach bends and blind summits whilst straddling the line. It’s utter madness and does my fucking nut in.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Doing 70 on the way to Broxden last night, in the overtaking lane, when a boy with a boat behind his car swung out from the empty left hand lane into the overtaking lane with just one flash of his indicator.

Literally had no choice but to undertake him as there was next to no chance I could stop in time.

Why did he do this?

He was turning right at Broxden roundabout, which was still about 5 miles away.

I trust you gestured to him that he was a wanker?

1 hour ago, Big Rider said:

Ive begun to notice this recently and it’s confirmed following a wee tour in the glorious north west Highlands but there are people who drive down the middle of the road. Not a single track road but a 2 lane road. When someone approaches the other way they pull in to the correct lane only to straddle the white line again when they pass. They approach bends and blind summits whilst straddling the line. It’s utter madness and does my fucking nut in.

It would be interesting to know what's happened to road accident statistics since they started promoting the North 500.

1 hour ago, Big Rider said:

They’ve probably just read the bit on the paper part of their licence that says “tear along the dotted line”.

Spoiler

This joke was brought to you by the year 1982.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Why did he do this?

Had he just won Bully's Star Prize? 

759380289_download(7).jpg.200160bf33f71d92de73d1ce98589d30.jpg