c***s on the road

One from a couple of years ago - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48856330

Another pathetic sentence and it's interesting that the police weren't even interested in investigating it, the victim had to get the CCTV evidence himself. 

IMO it's all part of the narrative that cyclists are all "lycra-clad twats" that creates a confrontational "us & them" attitude on the roads. 

That's with what he has been charged with, there has to be a case for murder if the c**t has actually done a hit and run then went home a try cover his tracks.
For it to be murder it would have had to be some sort of premeditated act which it obviously wasn't.

For it to be murder it would have had to be some sort of premeditated act which it obviously wasn't.
I thought there was different degrees of murder and only 1st was premeditated? Although granted my entire knowledge of law comes from shite American TV programmes so could be way off.

I thought there was different degrees of murder and only 1st was premeditated? Although granted my entire knowledge of law comes from shite American TV programmes so could be way off.
As far as I am aware there has to be some form of premeditated act or an act so reckless disregard for consequences.

There was obviously no evidence of this and it would appear not even enough evidence to substantiate a death by dangerous driving charge. The criminal act committed is regard leaving the scene and failing to report rather than actually knocking the boy down. Still a horrendous act to leave the scene of that.

By no means am I legally qualified but surely attempt to pervert charge would have carried more weight.

Had a glorious moment today on the motorway driving home from work. There were about three lorries in a row in the left hand lane and I pulled out to overtake them. As I was overtaking the second one, driving at about 75/80, some fanny shot up behind me ridiculously close and flashing his lights. I knew exactly what he was going to try so sped up as I was passing the second lorry and low and behold he goes for the undertake. However my speed took me up to the third lorry before he could manage and he had to slink in behind me. I then decided to slow down and draw level with the third lorry for a short time and the scenes of the boy in my mirror absolutely seething and gesticulating were absolutely glorious. A total w****r of a boy.

On 02/06/2021 at 18:18, Granny Danger said:

Yeah that is a fucking disgrace and wholly unjustifiable.  I cannot recall reading a case like this and being more angry.

Can the PF’s office appeal?  Is there any precedent for doing so?  Would the not want to piss off the Sheriff?

Can the family appeal?

The Crown are limited in law in what they can appeal in terms of sentence (Section 175 of the Criminal Procedure (Scotland) Act 1995 if you want to bore yourself) and such appeals are a rare thing. Any appeal by the family would have to be done through the Crown. 

There remains on the statute books the ability to raise a private prosecution but there were apparently only two in Scotland in the whole 20th Century.

Sheriffs will have been defence lawyers or prosecutors or advocates before sitting on the bench and will have drafted appeals in their time. Being appealed against is part of the job so are unlikely to be pissed off.

5 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Had a glorious moment today on the motorway driving home from work. There were about three lorries in a row in the left hand lane and I pulled out to overtake them. As I was overtaking the second one, driving at about 75/80, some fanny shot up behind me ridiculously close and flashing his lights. I knew exactly what he was going to try so sped up as I was passing the second lorry and low and behold he goes for the undertake. However my speed took me up to the third lorry before he could manage and he had to slink in behind me. I then decided to slow down and draw level with the third lorry for a short time and the scenes of the boy in my mirror absolutely seething and gesticulating were absolutely glorious. A total w****r of a boy.

I know it isn’t a great idea to wind up others on the road but it’s sometimes glorious when you see some impatient w****r losing the plot behind you.

Was driving along the dual carriageway in the town the other day, on the inside lane and doing at least the speed limit and a BMW comes zooming up behind me before following way too close. I’m exiting at the next side road so start to slow down (after indicating obvs). By this point I can see BMW boy getting more impatient in the rear view mirror. It was a fairly tight corner so I had to slow down quite a bit anyway but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t slow down more than usual because of the w****r behind losing his shit.

After turning off I had a quick glance in the rear view mirror only to see him leaning across the car and gesticulating out the passenger side window as he passed the junction. Glorious.

6 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

7 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I know it isn’t a great idea to wind up others on the road but it’s sometimes glorious when you see some impatient w****r losing the plot behind you.

Was driving along the dual carriageway in the town the other day, on the inside lane and doing at least the speed limit and a BMW comes zooming up behind me before following way too close. I’m exiting at the next side road so start to slow down (after indicating obvs). By this point I can see BMW boy getting more impatient in the rear view mirror. It was a fairly tight corner so I had to slow down quite a bit anyway but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t slow down more than usual because of the w****r behind losing his shit.

After turning off I had a quick glance in the rear view mirror only to see him leaning across the car and gesticulating out the passenger side window as he passed the junction. Glorious.

Outstanding work there gents. 

Nothing better than when you’re turning off at a junction and know you’ve done something to piss off a w****r in a high powered car doing something stupid behind you. I find a wee look and a wave as they froth away down the motorway really finishes it off.

Thursday about 6pm.  Sitting at the front of the queue at traffic lights on Lochee Road/Ancrum Road in Dundee coming back from town ( just in case you know it or are bored enough to Google it). 

What appeared to be a young guy comes out the drive of house right next to me on a motorbike with L plates. After a bit of struggle maneuvering his bike and revving in doing so,  I could see he is now right up my arse.  Then after a few more high revs, draws up along the passenger side,  then slightly ahead of me but still on the inside.  Lights are still at red.

Then after a couple more loud revs he takes off like a bat out of hell through the red lights, right across the junction (which is 3-4 car lanes wide) and through the red lights on the opposite side and was just missed by a car coming down Ancrum Road turning right to head towards town. 

It was still a good 5-10 seconds before the lights started to change to  green.

As I drove on and passed him he was at the next set of lights wanting to turn right up Loons Road but as they were at red and a car was in front of him he was again revving like an idiot and no doubt making the driver in front a bit uncomfortable.

I wanted to turn my car around and go knock on the door of the house he had come out from as if he is willing to do something like that literally on his front doorstep, my fear is his parents might get a horrible phone call sometime quite soon.

9 hours ago, eez-eh said:

In this good weather I sometimes forget I'm driving around with the window (half/completely) open, thus giving passers by and other drivers the benefit of my comments on fellow drivers. (Usually along the lines of "Stupid c***/f*****, F****** stupid c***.)

15 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Maybe his pregnant wife was in the back seat and he was desperate to get to hospital?

As someone who has sped on the motorway to try and get to a hospital, its something I'm often wary about doing. Especially after seeing 2 folk doing this and brake testing each other up a 5 mile stretch of dual carriageway, almost taking themselves and others out.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Maybe his pregnant wife was in the back seat and he was desperate to get to hospital?

As someone who has sped on the motorway to try and get to a hospital, its something I'm often wary about doing. Especially after seeing 2 folk doing this and brake testing each other up a 5 mile stretch of dual carriageway, almost taking themselves and others out.

The guy was behaving like a c**t. Coming up incredibly close to someone is dangerous and I would’ve pulled in to the left hand lane in literally a few seconds but he was being impatient, flashing his lights like a tit. I felt fully justified in my actions and it was very enjoyable seeing him foam at the mouth. I can also confirm he was driving a BMW and there was no pregnant wife in the backseat, just an impotent, raging old man. Thems the breaks RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

The guy was behaving like a c**t. Coming up incredibly close to someone is dangerous and I would’ve pulled in to the left hand lane in literally a few seconds but he was being impatient, flashing his lights like a tit. I felt fully justified in my actions and it was very enjoyable seeing him foam at the mouth. I can also confirm he was driving a BMW and there was no pregnant wife in the backseat, just an impotent, raging old man. Thems the breaks RandomGuy.

Didn't realise it was a BMW driver tbh. 

I retract all comments.

They should make a car sticker that reads "I slow down for tailgaters". 

Hmm... Ladies and Gentlemen I'll take your orders..

Re: motorbikes. I know a few bikers and will be polite and give them room to pass and try to be aware of them etc but I knew a guy who worked for the ambulances and their slang for bikers was "organ donors"

They should make a car sticker that reads "I slow down for tailgaters". 
Hmm... Ladies and Gentlemen I'll take your orders..
Re: motorbikes. I know a few bikers and will be polite and give them room to pass and try to be aware of them etc but I knew a guy who worked for the ambulances and their slang for bikers was "organ donors"
A polis mate of my dad's used to say of bikers sudden death looking for a locus.

On 04/06/2021 at 23:17, eez-eh said:

One of my absolute favourite moves when someone’s been right up your arse despite either doing the limit or even just above it. 

Two things I'll never quite fully understand about some road users, firstly the concept of tailgating,  not once in my entire driving history have I ever thought, 'know what, you're right pal, I'll just start speeding up for you' it's always met with maintaining a steady course and potentially even slowing down. 

Second is, why do people react so angrily over what is usually such a minor thing. A recent ish example was driving along a dual 30mph limit, bus in front of me was pulling in so, MSM and changed lanes, some bellend in an Audi came flying up behind me who seemed to be doing potentially double the speed limit had been inconvenienced by this and decided to start flashing and indicating I was a w****r. I could see the undertake coming so I just maintained course, as he passed he's shouting out the window and sticking his fingers up. Then it got sort of interesting as he got stopped at the lights, I pulled up next to him and wound down my window to make some enquiries about the problem he had. Not a glance in my direction, looked petty sheepish and I was like, why act like that then?