c***s on the road

Whilst I don't drive and am in general pretty clueless about the rules and laws of the road, I'm pretty certain you can't jump red lights.
This morning a car that was waiting at the lights at the bottom of the Hilltown (back of the Wellgate) turned left whilst the lights were red and folk were crossing.
Also pretty certain that you are not allowed to turn left at that junction coming from the Hilltown onto Victoria Road. So clearly an absolute c**t

4 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:
15 hours ago, DA Baracus said:
Whilst I don't drive and am in general pretty clueless about the rules and laws of the road, I'm pretty certain you can't jump red lights.
This morning a car that was waiting at the lights at the bottom of the Hilltown (back of the Wellgate) turned left whilst the lights were red and folk were crossing.

Also pretty certain that you are not allowed to turn left at that junction coming from the Hilltown onto Victoria Road. So clearly an absolute c**t

Aye I thought that was the case.

4 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Are you saying it’s completely unbelievable that a cyclist would go through a red light? 😂

It happens incredibly regularly.

I've not doubt it happens, just not as regularly as the seething boomers who are always raging at cyclists say it does. Surely if cyclists were bombing on through red lights as often as claimed the number of fatalities involving them would be considerably higher than they actually are. 

I've been cycling for 5 years, and driving for 25+ and I've seen cyclists ignore red lights about three times. It's hardly as endemic as made out. 

14 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I've not doubt it happens, just not as regularly as the seething boomers who are always raging at cyclists say it does. Surely if cyclists were bombing on through red lights as often as claimed the number of fatalities involving them would be considerably higher than they actually are. 

I've been cycling for 5 years, and driving for 25+ and I've seen cyclists ignore red lights about three times. It's hardly as endemic as made out. 

I used to see it daily in Glasgow - Deliveroo cyclists by far the worst for it.

I don’t think it’s as bad in less built up areas but it’s still pretty common. Don’t know why you’re getting so defensive about it.

Just now, eez-eh said:

I don’t think it’s as bad in less built up areas but it’s still pretty common. Don’t know why you’re getting so defensive about it.

I'm not being defensive, I just think it's funny seeing the states folk get into over cyclists. Long may it continue 😂

1 minute ago, Day of the Lords said:

I'm not being defensive, I just think it's funny seeing the states folk get into over cyclists. Long may it continue 😂

Especially when they take over my fat pedalling arse on narrow country roads😀

30 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Going to have to disagree with you there, the reason that there aren't more fatalities is because drivers are aware of their surroundings & brake to prevent collisions that are down to cyclists ignoring the Highway Code. I worked in London for 5 or 6 weeks on a secondment  a few years back & the amount of times I watched cyclists nearly knocking down pedestrians crossing on a green man signal disgusted me, even more so when the cyclists turned their heads round to shout & swear at the people crossing for having the temerity to call them out.

4 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Going to have to disagree with you there, the reason that there aren't more fatalities is because drivers are aware of their surroundings & brake to prevent collisions that are down to cyclists ignoring the Highway Code. I worked in London for 5 or 6 weeks on a secondment  a few years back & the amount of times I watched cyclists nearly knocking down pedestrians crossing on a green man signal disgusted me, even more so when the cyclists turned their heads round to shout & swear at the people crossing for having the temerity to call them out.

😂

Enjoy your night mate. 

45 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I agree that the rage they cause for purely existing is bizarre but the whole act of not being able to hear a word said against them is weird.

They're nowhere near as dangerous as drivers clearly as they aren’t behind the wheel of a two tonne machine, but when you’re a pedestrian they can still be a pain in the tits.

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

I've no doubt it happens, just not as regularly as the seething boomers who are always raging at cyclists say it does

3 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

but the whole act of not being able to hear a word said against them is weird.

I didn't say that tbh, see above. 

31 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

I will, last episode of Line of Duty is on, I bet H is a cyclist.

Rides an e-bike, imo. 

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

Yer farting against thunder..

I thought I'd accidently dropped into the daily Mail gammon section...

Cracking cycling area you live in...

2 hours ago, Perkin Flump said:

Going to have to disagree with you there, the reason that there aren't more fatalities is because drivers are aware of their surroundings & brake to prevent collisions 

Hahaha - nice one centurion. 

8 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Deliveroo cyclists are the worst offenders which is why their backpacks should have serial numbers on them. In the same way as if a guy from Papa Johns on a moped drives badly you can take down their registration number you should be able to do the same for deliveroo cyclists risking life and limb delivering junk food to salad dodging fat c***s

7 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

😂

Enjoy your night mate. 

7 hours ago, Perkin Flump said:

I will, last episode of Line of Duty is on, I bet H is a cyclist.

*Morgan Freeman narrates* Perkin Flump did not enjoy his night.

I'm a fairly regular cyclist (although miles away from Day of our Lord's level) in Glasgow and have to say it sometimes feels as though I'm the only cyclist that stops at red lights. There's been plenty of occasions when I've stopped at the lights and other cyclists have come up from behind (Kenneth) and just carried on through.

As a driver though, it doesn't get me raging, I just find it rather odd. Deliveroo riders though are something else altogether with no attention to any road rules and no lights or hi-vis in the dark.