c***s on the road

1 hour ago, IrishBhoy said:

A few years back I landed at Glasgow Airport at about 1am in mid January, and without thinking jumped in one of the taxis sitting on the rank and said my address, which is no more than a 10 minute drive away and about a £12 quid fare :lol: the guy looked like he wanted to kill me and huffed and puffed as he pulled out the rank. A couple of seconds later he fully opened the front two windows, bearing in mind it was about -2, and drove the full way with the wind battering in towards me. He was obviously sitting there expecting a fare to Edinburgh or Newcastle, or at least somewhere that wasn’t round the corner from the airport, and this was his punishment for me making him rejoin the back of the queue. I actually found it quite funny tbh but I don’t think he did. 

I would usually phone a local taxi but I was with someone else who was going to Glasgow and he jumped in the taxi in front and I just jumped in the one behind without thinking. I’ve thought about doing it since just to see if I get the same reaction but I never have. 

Aye not just their driving that make them total c***s to be fair. A good few years ago I got one out of desperation to get back home, only to Knightswood and he tried to charge us £22, worst part was he wouldn't take us to the house, just stopped on a main road and was like "here do, you go from here" we were like, nah mate the house is like 5 mins walk from here, but he was more concerned with being on a road he could get back to the airport quicker from. After a short argument I said I needed to jump to the cash machine nearby while the missus at the time grabbed the bags, I chucked £15 at him and started walking away. He got out the taxi and started shouting at us, I politely recommended he take us the rest of the way for the full fair or come collect it from me if he fancied it basically. He screeched off still shouting something out the window, was quite funny by that point. 

23 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

What are people’s thoughts on drivers on the motorway who go start speeding to overtake a car only to fire back across them because they are about to exit at the junction a few 109 yards away?

Why not just sit behind that car for another few seconds and exit the motorway sensibly?

If leaving to go onto another motorway / dual carriageway, fair enough point; but if leaving onto a B road, no danger do I want an obvious dawdler in front of me. 

I was leaving Braehead and going onto the westbound m8 where there are average speed cameras up for a 40mph limit so the sliproad was pretty congested. I was waiting patiently and edging forward and letting other cars merge in front of me when I saw a car completely ignore the rules of the road and go haring up the hard shoulder to merge onto the motorway. 

A greenie for the first person to guess which type of car.

1 hour ago, microdave said:

I was leaving Braehead and going onto the westbound m8 where there are average speed cameras up for a 40mph limit so the sliproad was pretty congested. I was waiting patiently and edging forward and letting other cars merge in front of me when I saw a car completely ignore the rules of the road and go haring up the hard shoulder to merge onto the motorway. 

Lada

2 hours ago, microdave said:

BMW(anker)

Audi.

Reliant Robin?

Fiesta

I see that quite often, all sorts of cars, vans and lorries doing it.  Raith Interchange is bad for it.

7 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Fiesta

Nope.

15 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Reliant Robin?

Nope.

19 minutes ago, TxRover said:

BMW(anker)

Nope.

49 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Lada

Nope.

16 minutes ago, bennett said:

Audi.

We have a winner.

• 3 weeks later...

Driving home yesterday afternoon when a car went flying past me and the car in front as we approached a roundabout.

Heard the sirens and saw the flashing lights behind me, so moved over to my left as far as I could and slowed down. The car in front just kept going so the police drove round the roundabout the wrong way, much to the excitement of our grandson.

After calling at the KFC, caught up with the miscreant with police in attendance on the Glenshane Road. Grandson was a bit disappointed that the driver wasn't spreadeagled over his bonnet with handcuffs on.

I had someone jump the queue in front of me (and indeed at least one other car) at the petrol station yesterday. All the stereotypes of your archetypal c**t on the road were met: 

Overweight

Balding

Audi

Was overtaking a row of three middle lane crawlers on the motorway yesterday (at 70 mph- I'm not a criminal) and was almost past the third when i saw some smart arse  starting to pass them on the inside. It was very satisfying to make it back to the left hand lane in front of them. Even the frankly terrifying noise of their horn and highly offensive middle finger gesturing couldn't take the shine off my achievement or stop me laughing. 

I had someone try and beat the queue at the lights yesterday and fail miserably which was enjoyable.

He tried the old ploy of using the empty inside lane and beating the car at the front of the queue off the mark when the lights went to green. Fortunately the driver in front of me didn't let him do that and I made sure he couldn't merge in turn by blocking him with my car and then I slowed down so he couldn't bully his way in behind me.

I was somewhere along Fenwick road coming from Shawlands to Giffnock so to be fair that kind of selfish driving isn't out of the ordinary for that hellhole.

Edited by 2426255

On 28/04/2023 at 16:27, microdave said:

I was leaving Braehead and going onto the westbound m8 where there are average speed cameras up for a 40mph limit so the sliproad was pretty congested.

I'm amazed at the speed people drive through the 40mph zone. I assume they think it's like the 40 roadworks around Charing Cross and don't realise there are cameras?

I drove along on Saturday afternoon was sitting at 40 on the cruise control and was getting passed by people going 50-60mph comfortably.

On 15/05/2023 at 09:11, Michael W said:

I had someone jump the queue in front of me (and indeed at least one other car) at the petrol station yesterday. All the stereotypes of your archetypal c**t on the road were met: 

Overweight

Balding

Audi

How does that even happen? Where was the gap in the queue that they got into?

11 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

How does that even happen? Where was the gap in the queue that they got into?

Probably hard to explain, but I was in a queue for the pumps located on the driver's side. On the opposite side, there were some cars lined up behind the pumps, so a slightly wider line was taken to move around the cars and line up. Two People depart on the other side whilst my queue had yet to move, Audi w****r cuts right through the space where cars had been aueued and right in at the side, edging slightly ahead of me in the queue (with another car behind me). 

It was obvious to anyone with a brain what was going on, but the p***k went in ahead anyway. He then looked bemused to see two cars beeping their horn and shouting at him. He did nothing, of course. 

I was far enough back I could move to a different set of pumps, so moved over and ended up leaving the petrol station ahead of him. 

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Probably hard to explain, but I was in a queue for the pumps located on the driver's side. On the opposite side, there were some cars lined up behind the pumps, so a slightly wider line was taken to move around the cars and line up. Two People depart on the other side whilst my queue had yet to move, Audi w****r cuts right through the space where cars had been aueued and right in at the side, edging slightly ahead of me in the queue (with another car behind me). 

It was obvious to anyone with a brain what was going on, but the p***k went in ahead anyway. He then looked bemused to see two cars beeping their horn and shouting at him. He did nothing, of course. 

I was far enough back I could move to a different set of pumps, so moved over and ended up leaving the petrol station ahead of him. 

Downside to the UK…in the U.S. he’d have been in a gunfight.

2 hours ago, flyingscot said:

I'm amazed at the speed people drive through the 40mph zone. I assume they think it's like the 40 roadworks around Charing Cross and don't realise there are cameras?

I drove along on Saturday afternoon was sitting at 40 on the cruise control and was getting passed by people going 50-60mph comfortably.

More fool them. I only really so along there on my way home from work so I'm lucky if I reach 30mph during rush hour.

Although this time last year when the same thing was in place, I was on it a few times late at night and found it really difficult not to creep over the limit.