c***s on the road

43 minutes ago, Ekhibee88 said:

Notice a lot of bad parking next to takeaways/restaurants from delivery drivers of late.  White van drivers have always been up yer arse, always in a rush !  

Image result for Kenneth Williams Ooh

19 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I was stopped at a red light at a junction today. When the lights changed to green,  I started to move off and the guy in the Merc behind put the foot down and overtook me while crossing the junction before speeding away.

Typical that, small dxk symdrome.

1 hour ago, Ekhibee88 said:

See a fair few people use the hard shoulder to skip queues. Also see vans do this and have the audacity to stick on their amber warning beacons.

Ah yes, saw someone do it this morning joining the Edinburgh bypass. Clearly couldn't be bothered queuing on the slip so jumped into the hard shoulder and sped along past 15 or so cars to join further along. 

On 31/01/2023 at 12:52, scottsdad said:

More generally, I've been driving my wife's car for a couple of weeks whilst mine awaits its appointment to be fixed. The way road users treat folk driving in wee cars like the 500 is very different to how they treat people driving larger cars. I'm normally in a Dacia Duster. I had noticed in the past that when i was in her car there seemed to be a few more idiots around, but this past wee while has really brought it into focus for me.

With the 500, more drivers feel free to drive right up behind you, or cut in in front of you, or just generally be a bit of a bellend.

This is why i enjoy driving my wifes shitheap Yaris.

Added bonus of it being a 1.3 so being (relatively) nippy in 30 areas especially if people arent expecting it.

Lost count of the amount of Range Rover types moving into the right hand lane on the Dunkeld Road expecting to just ease past and slip back into the left lane, only to end up side by side the whole way. Had one delicious baldy try and bully his way in by squeezing over, as if i cared in the slightest if he scratched my car 😂

I get issues with Range Rovers in my car too, where they think going 72 on the motorway permits them to camp in the overtaking lane.

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

Shout out to the HGV driver on the road signed "unsuitable for heavy goods vehicles", especially since he was on my side of the road coming round a blind corner.

In fairness most of those signs are only advisory ,usually just need to be more careful ,give the horn a blast on dodgy corners/bends ect if using them in one ,and don’t drive like ur driving a car .  

Edited by Arthur daley

35 minutes ago, Arthur daley said:

In fairness most of those signs are only advisory ,usually just need to be more careful ,give the horn a blast on dodgy corners/bends ect if using them in one ,and don’t drive like ur driving a car .  

Doesn't matter if the sign is advisory it takes a right c**t to take an HGV down these roads, although there isn't a shortage of c***s in HGVs.

49 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Doesn't matter if the sign is advisory it takes a right c**t to take an HGV down these roads, although there isn't a shortage of c***s in HGVs.

Sometimes it has to be done, especially if there’s no other access route ,was only pointing out  it’s advisory ,as most people seem to believe it’s not advisory and actual law ,had a few arguments with people out walking  or on horses  over the years even after stopping well in advance to let them pass about how it’s illegal to drive down the road and there reporting me , but those times had a motor on the back of a truck and going down the only access road so not much I can do ,depends on the road also ,some are not to bad others are bad enough in a car ,also a lgv is anything over 3.5t so also depends if your driving something weighting just over that for a 40t truck

Edited by Arthur daley

11 minutes ago, Arthur daley said:

Sometimes it has to be done, especially if there’s no other access route ,was only pointing out  it’s advisory ,as most people seem to believe it’s not advisory and actual law ,had a few arguments with people out walking  or on horses  over the years even after stopping well in advance to let them pass about how it’s illegal to drive down the road and there reporting me , but those times had a motor on the back of a truck and going down the only access road so not much I can do ,depends on the road also ,some are not to bad others are bad enough in a car ,also a lgv is anything over 3.5t so also depends if your driving something weighting just over that for a 40t truck

The 'proper' route for HGV's to take is a further half mile up the main road. The only reason the HGV was going the way he was was to cut a half mile or so off his journey.

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

c***s Running The Roads - big shout to whatever authority decided to shut the M876 slip off the M80 tonight, but not give any advance warning on the overhead gantries.

any time the M9 east bound on the M90 is closed at night its the same. But they do sometimes have those little yellow signs warning you about it just at the junction 

It's happily getting to a point in the year where having LED helicopter search lights on the front of your car/van at 7am is no longer required and I will once again be able to drive to and from my home without fear of being Mike Skinner'd.