c***s on the road

I was potentially the c**t on the road this morning. Stopped at a red light and a cyclist was going tonto at me. No idea what I did, so I was maybe not in the wrong, but given how angry she was I assume I did something. She was then the c**t by taking a picture of my number plate though, using her phone while on the road. Don't know or particularly care what she intends to use it for as a picture of my stationary car will prove absolutely nothing. Going to chock it up as a mental, entitled cyclist and assume I wasn't in the wrong!

58 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

I was potentially the c**t on the road this morning. Stopped at a red light and a cyclist was going tonto at me. No idea what I did, so I was maybe not in the wrong, but given how angry she was I assume I did something. She was then the c**t by taking a picture of my number plate though, using her phone while on the road. Don't know or particularly care what she intends to use it for as a picture of my stationary car will prove absolutely nothing. Going to chock it up as a mental, entitled cyclist and assume I wasn't in the wrong!

She obviously sees it as a dick pic.

6 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

was it one of those lights that have two sets of lines with you sitting at the further forward one for cyclists.  

9 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

To use that old P&B standard: boot in the pie.

Incidentally there is a statue in road traffic law that states bicycles should be sold with reflectors so if her bicycle did not have a reflector you could point that out.

10 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Not specifically illegal to use a phone on a bike, and especially not if stationary. 

If I had to guess you passed too closely (less than 1.5m) at some point in the journey and she caught you back up at the lights... (if she had a camera be thankful Police Scotland are the only police force not to have an online portal for easily reporting road traffic offences)

40 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Incidentally there is a statue in road traffic law that states bicycles should be sold with reflectors so if her bicycle did not have a reflector you could point that out.

You could point it out, but the cyclist might have more knowledge of the law and reply that reflectors (and a bell) can be removed post-sale as they are not a legal requirement for cycling on the road in daylight.

8 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Not specifically illegal to use a phone on a bike, and especially not if stationary. 

If I had to guess you passed too closely (less than 1.5m) at some point in the journey and she caught you back up at the lights... (if she had a camera be thankful Police Scotland are the only police force not to have an online portal for easily reporting road traffic offences)

I'm guessing if she had a camera, there would have been no need to take a picture using her phone. I assume I'll hear nothing more of it. Some very angry people out there!

11 hours ago, Ginaro said:

This another thing about the DeliverMuppets / Just Eat Clowns, no lights on bike, going through red lights at pedestrians, on pavements, and looking more at their phone for the next job than where they going. I'd have the snowploughs out everyday to flatten them into the potholes  and make them a greater use to society as road surfacing.

14 hours ago, tamthebam said:

To use that old P&B standard: boot in the pie.

No wonder the Highway Code is heavy reading if they're putting statues in it now.

Why do so many drivers constantly creep over stop lines, through the bike box and beyond the second stop line.. you aren't going to get anywhere an quicker. Especially in rush hour traffic. 

Shame red light cameras aren't really a thing here. 

Had a wild one this morning coming in to work.

Driving along the M9, in the overtaking lane. The lane was only marginally faster than the left hand lane. I was passing an Arnold Clark van - I was alongside him but moving only a little bit faster than him. As I passed him, he was making all kinds of gestures to me, the message being that I should have slowed down to let him out.

Anyway, as soon as I pass him, he pulls out behind me and drives for half a mile with his high beam headlights on. I pulled into the left hand lane to let him pass, and he pulled into the lane right in front of me, slammed the brakes, then took off again into the overtaking lane.

A few miles later we hit a touch of traffic and I pass him again. He pulls out behind me and drove for around 5 miles just inches from my bumper. I changed lanes, and he stuck with me. I was starting to think he would follow me to work, and we'd have some sort of altercation in the car park.

Eventually I found a gap when the outside lane was going slow and darted into it, forcing him to undertake me. He by this stage had wound his window down and was screaming abuse at me. I stayed a few car lengths behind him till he turned off the road.

Baldy speccy tube.

Just now, Loonytoons said:

I'm waiting for one of these incidents to happen between two P&Bers and get the other side of the story.

I'd love someone to come on and say "I was driving in an Arnold Clark van this morning and this guy in a Fiat 500 was..."

Spoiler

restraint-no-restraint.gif

More generally, I've been driving my wife's car for a couple of weeks whilst mine awaits its appointment to be fixed. The way road users treat folk driving in wee cars like the 500 is very different to how they treat people driving larger cars. I'm normally in a Dacia Duster. I had noticed in the past that when i was in her car there seemed to be a few more idiots around, but this past wee while has really brought it into focus for me.

With the 500, more drivers feel free to drive right up behind you, or cut in in front of you, or just generally be a bit of a bellend.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

More generally, I've been driving my wife's car for a couple of weeks whilst mine awaits its appointment to be fixed. The way road users treat folk driving in wee cars like the 500 is very different to how they treat people driving larger cars. I'm normally in a Dacia Duster. I had noticed in the past that when i was in her car there seemed to be a few more idiots around, but this past wee while has really brought it into focus for me.

With the 500, more drivers feel free to drive right up behind you, or cut in in front of you, or just generally be a bit of a bellend.

Probably because they're expecting you to be bimbling along at 40mph, while updating your Insta, and rearranging your fluffy toy collection.