c***s on the road

When I was doing the Glasgow half marathon a few weeks back I parked about 3/4 of the way down Bothwell Street, on the street to the right just round from the Rhoderick Dhu pub. I didn’t have a penny of change on me and was running extremely late to get to George Square for the start of the run, and since it was a Sunday I thought I would chance it.

When I got back after the run, literally as I turned the corner and my car came in to view, a woman parking attendant was taking a picture of the front of my car. I’ve never had a parking ticket in my life but have heard stories about how unwilling they are to compromise, especially after they have started the process of giving you a ticket. The woman could see both me and my pal were in running gear, both hardly able to walk after running a half marathon then walking from Glasgow Green, so she would have known the car had been parked there for at least a few hours. When I got up to her she was farting about on what looked like a mini iPad, and I asked her if that was me getting a ticket now. To my surprise she replied ‘Not if you get in your car and drive away before I put this ticket on your windscreen’. I thanked her a few times for her generosity and done as she said, driving away while she looked on. I half expected her still to put the ticket through and have something come through the door but that’s been a month now, so fair play to her. 

18 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

If it was a couple of miles up the road, across the boundary into GCC, the wardens would be fighting each other for the privilege

Glasgow barely enforce the restrictions. They stick to the town fining those in meter bays instead of actually going about getting folk on double yellow or bus lanes. 

8 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

When I was doing the Glasgow half marathon a few weeks back I parked about 3/4 of the way down Bothwell Street, on the street to the right just round from the Rhoderick Dhu pub. I didn’t have a penny of change on me and was running extremely late to get to George Square for the start of the run, and since it was a Sunday I thought I would chance it.

When I got back after the run, literally as I turned the corner and my car came in to view, a woman parking attendant was taking a picture of the front of my car. I’ve never had a parking ticket in my life but have heard stories about how unwilling they are to compromise, especially after they have started the process of giving you a ticket. The woman could see both me and my pal were in running gear, both hardly able to walk after running a half marathon then walking from Glasgow Green, so she would have known the car had been parked there for at least a few hours. When I got up to her she was farting about on what looked like a mini iPad, and I asked her if that was me getting a ticket now. To my surprise she replied ‘Not if you get in your car and drive away before I put this ticket on your windscreen’. I thanked her a few times for her generosity and done as she said, driving away while she looked on. I half expected her still to put the ticket through and have something come through the door but that’s been a month now, so fair play to her. 

Was her name Rita? 

Absolutely incensed by a wee gammony twat at a "merge in turn" this morning. He wouldn't let the car ahead get more than a foot in front of him. 

It's only a minor inconvenience for me to be one car length back from where i'd otherwise be but it's the principle.

I don't think it would have been unreasonable to drag him out of his car and cave his skull in with my big spanner. 

1 hour ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Surpised this c**t didn't get a mention on here. 

Ignored the high sided vehicles warning apparently.

Screenshot_20221105-182858.png

I wonder if he got arrested for careless driving if not dangerous (conviction of section 2 of the Road Traffic Act means a ban and a resit of the extended test).

If nothing else a new set of trousers would have been needed after the lorry blew over 

On 02/11/2022 at 05:25, IrishBhoy said:

i do multi drop in G2 area in Glasgow and find the parking attendant's ok,they know we don't pay for our tickets but even then don't give me a ticket often( i have had 2 this year)

2 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

i do multi drop in G2 area in Glasgow and find the parking attendant's ok,they know we don't pay for our tickets but even then don't give me a ticket often( i have had 2 this year)

I think parking officials went to a commission based approach a while ago which is why they went hyper aggressive looking for every opportunity to make they're wage worthwile, i guess thats changed.

On 02/11/2022 at 05:25, IrishBhoy said:

"Good c***s at the side of the road" thread for this pish 

11 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Parking attendant's what? 

This is another niche Stenny one but again today, c***s going into B&M car park and insisting on turning right into the spaces on that side, even if the road in to the right is blocked (it frequently is)

This results in traffic backing up to the main road and blocking the full lot.

Totally selfish and unaware.

SUV driver near Cameron Toll.

Before you get all road ragey and beep your horn at other folk check the road markings. Ya p***k.

Also lazy polis who drove past a Deliveroo cyclist who was illegally riding at night without lights. Taggart would have given the bugger a fixed penalty :lol:

6 hours ago, tamthebam said:

SUV driver near Cameron Toll.

Before you get all road ragey and beep your horn at other folk check the road markings. Ya p***k.

Also lazy polis who drove past a Deliveroo cyclist who was illegally riding at night without lights. Taggart would have given the bugger a fixed penalty :lol:

They maybe didn't see him/her.