c***s on the road

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

One of the highlights from Paris a few years back was simply watching the traffic navigate around the Arc de Triumph. A fascinating display of what I imagine Central Park offers for the Stockcars

Oh god i remember that, the volume of mopeds filtering through the chaos as well.  😬

17 minutes ago, ajwffc said:
3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
One of the highlights from Paris a few years back was simply watching the traffic navigate around the Arc de Triumph. A fascinating display of what I imagine Central Park offers for the Stockcars

Have done that in the past. The best I seen was a car going into the side of a coach. Also watching them try and park is something else. A car overlapping the end of your space just push it out the road with yours

Pal of mine iirc hired a car abroad (may have been mallorca, possibly italy) and got advised to

i) just not leave valuables in the car and leave it unlocked when unattended, people WILL try the locks and if its locked theyll break a window thinking theres something to nab. If its not locked they'll maybe poke around but more than likely just bugger off.

ii) if parking on a flat road, leave the handbrake off and put it in gear. Common practice to bump other parked cars out the way as you say.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

13 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Nip down into Spain and head for the first roundabout.

That's a proper driving experience

I’m used to driving with people who seem to lose every ounce of sense and judgement when they reach a round about. There’s one 2 lane effort not far from the house and every other time I have to use it I end up shouting and screaming at some c**t. Even with all the signs approaching it the c***s just don’t get where to position their car and what lanes to use for what exits. Almost every time you get people driving straight through as though there was only one lane and cutting straight across you with no indication they are planning on using the exit that is next.

4 hours ago, Ross. said:

I’m used to driving with people who seem to lose every ounce of sense and judgement when they reach a round about. There’s one 2 lane effort not far from the house and every other time I have to use it I end up shouting and screaming at some c**t. Even with all the signs approaching it the c***s just don’t get where to position their car and what lanes to use for what exits. Almost every time you get people driving straight through as though there was only one lane and cutting straight across you with no indication they are planning on using the exit that is next.

yeah - the old outside lane on approach to the roundabout but then merge into the/your middle lane when on the roundabout. And if they get a toot, they are completely perplexed. 

Similar to two lanes at a junction to go right. The number of people on the  outside lane who cut across the inside line when going right to then rejoin the outside lane is unbelievable. I am using "lane" here as invariably there are not lane markings but without markings to keep them right, it seems that any sense of vehicle and spacial awareness is lost entirely. Or no lane markings is seen as carte blanche - anything goes.....

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Kill your bf by running him over and get 300 community service https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-62465203

Recent headlines about tougher sentences for killer cyclists - don't think they'll have much to worry about if judges treat them like drivers!

Give killer car drivers killer cyclists sentences.

14 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Kill your bf by running him over and get 300 community service https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-62465203

Recent headlines about tougher sentences for killer cyclists - don't think they'll have much to worry about if judges treat them like drivers!

That is shocking. 

19 hours ago, Ginaro said:

It's absolutely mental, but, classic Scottish judicial system, no minimum penalty for culpable homicide. 

5 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Saw a right fucking roaster earlier. Sat at the traffic lights at Tesco Kingsway, tooting his horn, window down effing and jeffing and flicking the vickys.

Disgusting. Reported him to the Dundee polis.

Grass. 

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Trust me, if you’d seen this c**t you would have done the same.  Horrible, absolutely horrible.  

Hopefully he goes away for a stretch.

I probably wouldn't report him for the simple reason that it'd be a pointless waste of time and the very most the police might do (probably won't) is chap the guys door and tell him not to do it again.

29 minutes ago, Empty It said:

I probably wouldn't report him for the simple reason that it'd be a pointless waste of time and the very most the police might do (probably won't) is chap the guys door and tell him not to do it again.

Nah, we’ll worth it.

Looked like your typical Dundee supporter as well.

Walking in Paris yesterday and it struck me that there are far more c***s on the pavement. Can you imagine what the roads would be like if these c***s drove like they walked? Wandering all over the road at random, suddenly stopping on the motorway for no reason etc?

21 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Saw a right fucking roaster earlier. Sat at the traffic lights at Tesco Kingsway, tooting his horn, window down effing and jeffing and flicking the vickys.

Disgusting. Reported him to the Dundee polis.

Quite right. 

Effing I can handle but jeffing is crossing a line.