c***s on the road

14 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I’d not undertake them,  they clearly can’t be trusted,  absolutely no danger would I be chancing that they wouldn’t choose that moment to move back across.

I don’t undertake any vehicle bigger than a car, but you’re probably right it’s not the smartest idea. Most of these middle lane drivers are so oblivious to the fact that you drive in the inside lane unless overtaking someone, that I’ve never had anyone try and move over. I genuinely believe some people think the middle lane of a motorway is the ‘no hassle’ lane. Get on the motorway, into the middle as soon as possible, and coast along at whatever speed you like while everyone else manoeuvre around you. 

4 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Thought they'd made middle lane hogging an offence? Not many places in Scotland it has an effect but plenty in England. 

It is an offence, the same as sitting in the outside lane of a dual carriageway unnecessarily but police are completely reluctant to pull anyone for it apparently. 

6 minutes ago, Empty It said:

It is an offence, the same as sitting in the outside lane of a dual carriageway unnecessarily but police are completely reluctant to pull anyone for it apparently. 

They'd make a fortune issuing tickets on the M8. Especially to drivers of, cliche alert, expensive German cars..

Went into town today. Heading for the retail park, went past the college. Got to the traffic lights where you turn right to head to the retail park, and this guy in a BMW sat through 4 cycles of the traffic lights without moving. On the third cycle some folk in the queue drove round him. 

Eventually he moved. I think he was waiting on a filter light 

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Went into town today. Heading for the retail park, went past the college. Got to the traffic lights where you turn right to head to the retail park, and this guy in a BMW sat through 4 cycles of the traffic lights without moving. On the third cycle some folk in the queue drove round him. 

Eventually he moved. I think he was waiting on a filter light 

That can be awkward at a junction you're not familiar with, 4 cycles is overdoing it though.

Edited by welshbairn

Was on holiday last week, drove down through Italy to Genoa then along the coast into Franc and onto Nice.

Italian drivers are fucking fast. The limit was 110, which I initially stuck to, but due to the speed they were overtaking at I ended up averaging about 140 and I was still amongst the slower drivers on the motorway. Fucking mentalists. They also have this strange habit on the motorways of hogging the line between whichever lanes of the motorway they are using. Lost count of the amount of c***s on the 3 lane motorways who would drive on the dividing line between the middle and left lanes, just to make it a wee bit easier to overtake, I assume.

French drivers are another matter altogether. You felt as though they hadn't considered the possibility that there could ever be other people using the road. They were fucking horrendous at everything.

19 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Was on holiday last week, drove down through Italy to Genoa then along the coast into Franc and onto Nice.

Italian drivers are fucking fast. The limit was 110, which I initially stuck to, but due to the speed they were overtaking at I ended up averaging about 140 and I was still amongst the slower drivers on the motorway. Fucking mentalists. They also have this strange habit on the motorways of hogging the line between whichever lanes of the motorway they are using. Lost count of the amount of c***s on the 3 lane motorways who would drive on the dividing line between the middle and left lanes, just to make it a wee bit easier to overtake, I assume.

French drivers are another matter altogether. You felt as though they hadn't considered the possibility that there could ever be other people using the road. They were fucking horrendous at everything.

Nip down into Spain and head for the first roundabout.

That's a proper driving experience

Tay bridge travelling South towards Fife. The amount of utter morons who appear to think that you have to hog the outside lane in order to go straight on at the roundabout when leaving the bridge is utterly astounding. I know you're not supposed too but I've lost count how many times I've undertaking these c***s because they're usually going at 40mph or below

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Nip down into Spain and head for the first roundabout.

That's a proper driving experience

Drove into Valencia and encountered that - fucking hell. Then there's the fact that they'll quite happily sit in the outside lane to go all the way round a roundabout so you never know if the guy approaching from the left is going to turn or not. 

ETA - I did learn some handy Spanish phrases on a jeep tour. Apparently the Spanish descriptor for someone who cuts you up is "Yooo fakkeeng eeedjot"

Edited by Newbornbairn

2 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Drove into Valencia and encountered that - fucking hell. Then there's the fact that they'll quite happily sit in the outside lane to go all the way round a roundabout so you never know if the guy approaching from the left is going to turn or not. 

Lane discipline is not required. I also love that if there is a gap, they will come onto the roundabout, regardless of how small that gap is.

It normally takes me a while to get back to taking roundabouts normally when I come home!

They also have this strange habit on the motorways of hogging the line between whichever lanes of the motorway they are using. Lost count of the amount of c***s on the 3 lane motorways who would drive on the dividing line between the middle and left lanes, just to make it a wee bit easier to overtake, I assume.

Scalextric fans.

One of the highlights from Paris a few years back was simply watching the traffic navigate around the Arc de Triumph. A fascinating display of what I imagine Central Park offers for the Stockcars
Have done that in the past. The best I seen was a car going into the side of a coach. Also watching them try and park is something else. A car overlapping the end of your space just push it out the road with yours