c***s on the road

On 11/07/2022 at 20:32, red23 said:

I'm not sure what's worse, the people who park in disabled/kids spaces or the ones that just dump their car right at the door in the drop off/set down points because they can't be arsed walking.

I saw this car today. The middle aged couple parked their BMW in the pick up bays for McDonald's even though there are hundreds of empty spaces in the car park, just so they are slightly closer to the ASDA entrance. Maybe they didn't notice the signs!! It really does grind my gears.

PXL_20220715_132522673.thumb.jpg.fbd5266b12b0588fe3acbb41a8ea24dc.jpg

Is it just me or is there an increasing number for folk who refuse to go any faster than 40 in a 60mph zone? Seems like every time I'm on the road there's some clown toddling along at 40, completely oblivious to the queue forming behind them. Bonus points if they continue on at 40 when the road changes to a 30 zone as well.

24 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Is it just me or is there an increasing number for folk who refuse to go any faster than 40 in a 60mph zone? Seems like every time I'm on the road there's some clown toddling along at 40, completely oblivious to the queue forming behind them. Bonus points if they continue on at 40 when the road changes to a 30 zone as well.

I've a bit of sympathy for ageing townies that are shiting themselves on the country roads.

It's the continuing into 30 zones that annoys me. If they're so shit at driving that they can't back themselves to get round corners at normal speeds then the're probably not going to be great at stopping for village stuff. Like cars pulling out of junctions, people, animals and crossings. 

58 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

It's the ones who go a steady 60 on the straights but 40 on any slight bend who do my head in, no chance to overtake unless you do 80.

59 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

notice that a lot more so at night with most of them driving on the center line. Also noticing more people driving at 50 on the M90 between Newbridge and Dunfermline since the cameras went live   

Was down at portobello today, and the fire brigade were doing community stuff and got a "shout", they had to cut through a car park to get on the road, and some daft old biddy proceeded to drive in towards the fire engine, completely oblivious to the flashing blue lights. Needless to say, she had no option but to move the f**k out of the road. Dottery auld hoor.

1 minute ago, mathematics said:

White Peugeot firing down the A9 today right up my arse, straying over the lines, and dropping speed drastically.

Of course, the silly bitch was too busy texting to care what the f**k she was doing.

Pity the police didn't catch her. She'd be minus a licence and the roads would be minus a dangerous fuckwit 

On 13/07/2022 at 19:36, gav-ffc said:

Never mind c***s on the road, c***s on the canal path. Fucking cyclists pinging along like the Tour de France the day. Majority of them with no bell on the bike, guessing the new changes to the Highway Code don’t apply to cyclists having to give pedestrians only cyclists having priority over cars.  

Push them in the fu#*ing canal.

Problem solved

4 hours ago, philpy said:

Was down at portobello today, and the fire brigade were doing community stuff and got a "shout", they had to cut through a car park to get on the road, and some daft old biddy proceeded to drive in towards the fire engine, completely oblivious to the flashing blue lights. Needless to say, she had no option but to move the f**k out of the road. Dottery auld hoor.

Sounds like the standard entitled pensioner we are used too.

On 15/07/2022 at 19:47, Soapy FFC said:

I saw this car today. The middle aged couple parked their BMW in the pick up bays for McDonald's even though there are hundreds of empty spaces in the car park, just so they are slightly closer to the ASDA entrance. Maybe they didn't notice the signs!! It really does grind my gears.

PXL_20220715_132522673.thumb.jpg.fbd5266b12b0588fe3acbb41a8ea24dc.jpg

BMW driver in being a cu#t.

You any photos of them not being a cu#t?

Don’t care if I am now considered to be a c**t on the road now. With the current cost of fuel, my cruise control is now set at 56mph on every motorway or dual carriageway that I have to cross. There is a second lane which you are free to pass me on, but if you do, then, I will probably pass you whilst you are refuelling at the next garage.

18 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Failed my "theory" test over here today. They let 16 year olds who couldn't point to Edinburgh on a map drive, and 8 pints is a guidance for drink driving rather than a rule.

Yes, I'm raging.

What is the drink drive limit over there or is it just guidance as you say? Went to Boston for Paddys in 2008 and myself and my mate got chatting to this guy & his wife who ended up about 6 Guinness deep, by which point she is swaying all over the shop, he finishes the remainder of hers as she is arsed, has one more before declaring "I suppose I better get her home then" "You away to get a taxi?" I enquired. "No, no" he replies "I live 15 miles outside of town, I have the car just round the corner" 🙄

3 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

What is the drink drive limit over there or is it just guidance as you say? Went to Boston for Paddys in 2008 and myself and my mate got chatting to this guy & his wife who ended up about 6 Guinness deep, by which point she is swaying all over the shop, he finishes the remainder of hers as she is arsed, has one more before declaring "I suppose I better get her home then" "You away to get a taxi?" I enquired. "No, no" he replies "I live 15 miles outside of town, I have the car just round the corner" 🙄

The legal limit, no matter where you are, is the same as Scotland. 

Practically though? It's the same as the legal limit when cars first got introduced to the country. I live in Shitlick, Nowhere but you're not going to see a cop driving from the pub to home. And on the drive from my nearest pub to home I literally drive past a police station.

2 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

The legal limit, no matter where you are, is the same as Scotland. 

Practically though? It's the same as the legal limit when cars first got introduced to the country. I live in Shitlick, Nowhere but you're not going to see a cop driving from the pub to home. And on the drive from my nearest pub to home I literally drive past a police station.

If caught are the penalties similar to here, EG minimum 1 year ban or are they quite weak that makes people think risking it is worth it?

49 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

If caught are the penalties similar to here, EG minimum 1 year ban or are they quite weak that makes people think risking it is worth it?

People just don't get caught because the cops don't care. Work with a guy who went to jail for DUI (because he passed out driving and drove into a pylon). Two months in the pokey, back in his motor. That's it. They don't care.

Frightening stuff the attitudes of most people and drink driving in the USA. Ive Spent a lot of time all over the states through work and the attitude towards drinking in bars all night then everyone just jumping in their motors and driving home is unbelievable. Totally different culture than back here although trying to get a taxi or Uber in the middle buttfuck, nowhere is usually impossible.

35 minutes ago, cambozpar said:

...although trying to get a taxi or Uber in the middle buttfuck, nowhere is usually impossible.

It's a bit chicken and egg maybe - if less folk were to drink and drive then maybe there would be more demand for taxis. 

Don’t care if I am now considered to be a c**t on the road now. With the current cost of fuel, my cruise control is now set at 56mph on every motorway or dual carriageway that I have to cross. There is a second lane which you are free to pass me on, but if you do, then, I will probably pass you whilst you are refuelling at the next garage.
You do realise 56 was plucked out the air by some motoring body many decades ago and is not actually the most fuel efficient speed?