c***s on the road

5 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I'll see your "parking at the drop off zone" and raise you "hazard lights on, middle of road beside parked cars, gone into takeaway

This does my fucking head in where I stay, due to a two lane road where one lane has to go left and the other straight on. Usually the c**t always stops with no signal and then an after thought of hazards, while everyone then needs to try and join the other lane of traffic to get around them. A stabbing offence for sure.

19 hours ago, red23 said:

I'm not sure what's worse, the people who park in disabled/kids spaces or the ones that just dump their car right at the door in the drop off/set down points because they can't be arsed walking.

This, always the case in Morrisons here, loads of empty parking spaces but lazy areseholes just use the drop off point

10 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

May be imagining this but are people getting increasingly brazen with juking through red lights? Sure i saw a merc do it yesterday (came through the junction as my lights were going red and amber) and i had to slow a little before turning right with a filter arrow on this morning for a van bombing through.

Back in the day, there was a small delay between one set of lights going from amber to red, and the next set going red/amber.

What I notice now is that setting seems to be that red/amber comes pretty much instantaneously with the amber changing to red in the other direction.

So amber gamblers (of which I admit to being) have an increased chance of meeting a like minded individual in the middle of the junction.

3 hours ago, Snafu said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-62121867

Two attention seekers traveling quietly through rural Perthshire on their tandem bike minding their own business, what could go wrong?

Over to you Grahame......

There's never a cloud of midges about when you need one 

11 hours ago, Snafu said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-62121867

Two attention seekers traveling quietly through rural Perthshire on their tandem bike minding their own business, what could go wrong?

Over to you Grahame......

Wid.

On 10/07/2022 at 23:55, Loonytoons said:

Not quite "c***s on the road" but in the supermarket carpark the guy I was parked beside opened his door and dinged mine.
Now, I really couldn't give two tosses about it, these things happen.
However, he looked straight at me then nothing, no apology of any sort.

I wound down the window and gave him a shout.
"What?" he said.
"This is the point you say 'sorry mate'" said I.
"Your the fucking perfect driver" was the retort.
I kindly pointed out neither of us were actually driving and he was an ignorant fud.

He then proceeded to take a strop, drive out of the bay without looking and narrowly miss pranging his range rover into the poor guy taking back the shopping trollies.

Oh, I had one where I parked in a supermarket car park, then some dottery old bugger parked next to me as I was leaving. We both came back to our cars at the same time, and dottery old buggers missus opened her door and dinged mine. I said as much, and dottery old bugger said "well you shouldn't have parked so closely then...". Words literally failed me.

16 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Back in the day, there was a small delay between one set of lights going from amber to red, and the next set going red/amber.

What I notice now is that setting seems to be that red/amber comes pretty much instantaneously with the amber changing to red in the other direction.

So amber gamblers (of which I admit to being) have an increased chance of meeting a like minded individual in the middle of the junction.

There is guidance on how to measure it and set it up depending on distance to conflict points. Typically 5 seconds is the minimum, you get  3s amber, light goes to red, then 2s red and amber. Delays can be introduced by additional time in between the 3s and 2s, depending on how big the junction is and how slow trafffic is to clear. It's very rare for them to overlap - red amber one way and amber the other. 

Oh, the number of idiots that clearly set a cruise control speed in the out lanes here so they can then spend time on their phone.
Either cause a slow moving train or eventually just drift over lanes and are so lucky every one else is paying attention

1 hour ago, Raidernation said:

Oh, the number of idiots that clearly set a cruise control speed in the out lanes here so they can then spend time on their phone.
Either cause a slow moving train or eventually just drift over lanes and are so lucky every one else is paying attention

That's what undertaking is for.

On 08/07/2022 at 23:03, tamthebam said:

At lunchtime today a car was stopped at a red light at the junction of Chambers Street and South Bridge.

Deliveroo scooter runs smack into the back of him at 10 mph. f**k knows what the scooter driver was doing but he certainly wasn't paying attention. Should be prosecuted for careless driving in my opinion.

A driver merely touches their phone and it a fine and points. The number of Deliveroo & Just Eat on bikes and scooters with a mobile phone on their handle bars and tapping away and sorting their next job is basically every second one. How can they not be done with something as they sway in traffic, swerve round pedestrians and are a general hazard to all. The section of Union  St from King St to Market St, and now then on to Bridge St is bedlam most evenings.

A driver merely touches their phone and it a fine and points. The number of Deliveroo & Just Eat on bikes and scooters with a mobile phone on their handle bars and tapping away and sorting their next job is basically every second one. How can they not be done with something as they sway in traffic, swerve round pedestrians and are a general hazard to all. The section of Union  St from King St to Market St, and now then on to Bridge St is bedlam most evenings.
Read the highway code, cyclists do what they want and you can't complain

24 minutes ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, MEADOWXI said:

Get what you mean but it is, unfortunately, just something that drivers have to be alert to on the roads. Yesterday or the day before at the top of a steep hill i clocked a cyclist glued to his mobile with (presumably) his kid hanging on his back and they were pretty much stationary while on the road. Handled it by slowing down a good bit and they ended up going up onto the pavement. Eventually.

Think thats a byproduct of the highway code changes, have to be ready to sort out other peoples mistakes especially if they're vulnerable. They might not always help themselves and put themselves at more risk by texting while riding.

Cyclists im alright with as a rule, its more e-scooters and teenagers on electric bikes/motorbikes around here i see doing mad shit. Wrong side of the road, running red lights, going from pavement to road or vice versa without even looking, wearing dark clothing at night etc.

When it’s clear someone has darted through a red light at a junction and I’m going on green there’s nothing better than just blasting the horn at them as 99 times out of a 100 it just results in a sheepish look from them as they know they are the ones in the wrong.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:
2 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

It's still illegal for a cyclist to go through a red light and there are offences of both dangerous and careless cycling 

We just need Joe Dredd, Traffic Cop, to enforce the law.

Never mind c***s on the road, c***s on the canal path. Fucking cyclists pinging along like the Tour de France the day. Majority of them with no bell on the bike, guessing the new changes to the Highway Code don’t apply to cyclists having to give pedestrians only cyclists having priority over cars.  

Cyclists can even drink and ride, as the offence is being unfit to ride - i.e. "under the influence of drink or a drug to such an extent as to be incapable of having proper control of the cycle" (section 30 RTA) :) 

3 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Majority of them with no bell on the bike

A bell isn't a legal requirement, it's useless if people have headphones in or are deaf/hard of hearing, and half the time those who do hear it will get annoyed with you using it anyway.