c***s on the road

On 10/06/2022 at 11:16, Big Rider said:

Instead of a wave of acknowledgment I got f**k all from either of the c***s.

I applaud your anger, the drivers of these campers should be forced to sleep outside as midge food.

I crossed the bealach na ba from the Strathcarron side a few years ago. On the way up I reversed into a passing place on my left with a massive drop on that side. I don't think my mouth has ever been as dry as it was at that moment. f**k doing it in anything bigger than a Clio.

7 hours ago, sophia said:

I think you might have confused snootiness with grim concentration and perhaps the aftermath of the terror at the prospect of reversing the ill-sized box into the ditch.

There's a degree of etiquette on single track roads that involves various inputs such as uphill / downhill, number of vehicles, size of vehicle, judging speed and distance so you're not stopping too early or late, etc and it's a skill lost on many.

I hear what you were saying. I've been on single tracks for years and everyone used to wave and show some courtesy. These were a couple of camper van gimps in  a daft wee convoy in  standard van-sized identikit VWs and they were acting the fanny. The convoy thing they were doing showed me they had know idea about etiquette. 

I flashed them to let them know it was under control and I'd do the difficult bit by reversing. I went into the lay-by bit and all they had to do was drive straight past me. The easiest bit was to give a simple wave of acknowledgement which neither of them could do. The c***s.

19 minutes ago, Big Rider said:

I hear what you were saying. I've been on single tracks for years and everyone used to wave and show some courtesy. These were a couple of camper van gimps in  a daft wee convoy in  standard van-sized identikit VWs and they were acting the fanny. The convoy thing they were doing showed me they had know idea about etiquette. 

I flashed them to let them know it was under control and I'd do the difficult bit by reversing. I went into the lay-by bit and all they had to do was drive straight past me. The easiest bit was to give a simple wave of acknowledgement which neither of them could do. The c***s.

I think since the whole covid and 'holiday at home' thing, there's been a massive rise in camper van hire and numbers of people on the road with these things for their first time. 

Going from an average sized car to one of these takes a wee bit of getting used to, even the moderately sized ones and particularly on tight and winding roads.

Still absolutely no excuse for not giving you a wee wave of  acknowledgement. c***s.

6 minutes ago, Big Rider said:

Aye but you have already admitted to a "stand off".

That vignette of two way passive aggressive behaviour is detrimental to efficient progress and difficult to retrieve.

Also, you have not mastered, unless I'm mistaken, the skill of mind-reading. 

Also, one of the cultural norms is not to wave.

To wave is ostentatious and not in keeping with the expected courtesy.

A simple raised forefinger from the top of the steering wheel grip is sufficient.

1 minute ago, sophia said:

Aye but you have already admitted to a "stand off".

That vignette of two way passive aggressive behaviour is detrimental to efficient progress and difficult to retrieve.

Also, you have not mastered, unless I'm mistaken, the skill of mind-reading. 

A simple raised forefinger from the top of the steering wheel grip is sufficient.

Oh I raised a finger right enough.....🖕

I crossed the bealach na ba from the Strathcarron side a few years ago. On the way up I reversed into a passing place on my left with a massive drop on that side. I don't think my mouth has ever been as dry as it was at that moment. f**k doing it in anything bigger than a Clio.
We go to Applecross every year and despite the massive signs either side saying not suitable for campervans and caravans I'm yet to cross it without encountering some arsehole in their rental campervan.

On 10/06/2022 at 11:07, coprolite said:

People joining motorways at ridiculously low speeds. 

Stuck on a slip behind an old c**t* who didn't get above 45 before joining a busy M5. I managed to hang back a bit and join the pack of frantically swerving vehicles behind him. 

*didn't actually see the offending driver but the car was a weird looking thing in an unusual colour (sort of tobacco). Along with salmon, aquamarine and taupe that's a colour exclusive to elderly drivers. 

Was it a Honda Jazz perhaps? 

13 hours ago, sophia said:

My £1 says you drive an Isuzu or HiLux pick up. 😉

2 hours ago, Empty It said:
2 hours ago, alta-pete said:
My £1 says you drive an Isuzu or HiLux pick up. emoji6.png

Offt pickup truck drivers are definitely on par with BMWs & Range Rover drivers.

They're worse. Nothing screams divorced da' more than a massive pickup truck.

Re the campers thing, one of life's greatest pleasures is making one of the c***s reverse their hired box on wheels 100yards back up a single track road. When this happened to me, I was about 500yards past a passing spot on twisty road, this old duffer only had less than a yards to go back. He started gesturing at me to go reverse. Tired after a particularly brutal hillwalk, I couldnt be arsed and sat there, sparked up a fag and waited. After a minute of impasse i pointed in the vague direction of the space he'd passed. He eventually relented and reversed back, sadly not into a ditch, the old c**t. He looked quite furious when I passed him, especially as I didn't wave. Glorious. 

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The number of c***s iv seen taking the first exit off a roundabout, with no indicator on the last few days.... Absolute worst c***s of the road.

No, the ones who turn right (eg third exit) with no signal are far worse.

26 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Na cos you usually have to wait on them anyway unless you are going first exit, and its the type of roundabout wheres there's space to do that. Cunto turning left with no signal means you could have been out and away in any direction, but you are waiting, because they are a lazy c**t

33 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Or the ones who indicate left and don't take the 1st exit. Bugger all idea what the hell they're doing.