c***s on the road

The few times I've been over a hundred I start panicking that the wheels are going to fall off, I'm pretty sure the likes of a Nissan Micra aren't designed for it.
Yeah I started shitting it when coins started jumping out of the wee dashboard tray. I think the wheels probably needed balanced tbh

Years ago I managed to get a 205GTI up to 141mph, I was driving away from Brechin though so I may well had been let off. Rightly so.
They don't make cars like they used to, steering wheel rattling like it's going to detach itself

I've done a ton in a Micra myself over the Tyne Bridge on the A1- rather shaky. 

Also in a mate's old boxy Fiat Panda, which I expect to suffer the same fate as the Blues Brothers' car: 

breakcar01.jpg.23f94ae7799e540c46c4851dcf78ed29.jpg

I bought a new Sandero and was driving up the M90 - looked at the Speedometer and noticed it was touching 110. I slowed down a bit after that. 

Yes, I am a c*nt on the road. 

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The few times I've been over a hundred I start panicking that the wheels are going to fall off, I'm pretty sure the likes of a Nissan Micra aren't designed for it.

Got upto 155kmph in my Polo last year, a midgies baw hair off 100mph. Car was rattling like f**k. Not be doing that again in a hurry, at least not in that car.

4 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

I don't go over 100mph these days as that's an instant ban and I'd lose my job. Leave that to the fannies with nothing to lose.

I'm putting it down to inexperience on my part. I was keeping distance with the car in front. The car in front was a Lambo...

Now when I am on the motorway I try and stick to the local standard of 10kmh above the speed limit.

14 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I'm putting it down to inexperience on my part. I was keeping distance with the car in front. The car in front was a Lambo...

Now when I am on the motorway I try and stick to the local standard of 10kmh above the speed limit.

Aye, there's a bit on the M6 going south that says "Maintain 2 chevrons distance". I was shitting myself and hammering my wee Renault 5 trying to follow a BMW. 

What do people (boy racer fuds with loudners on their exhaust) get from weaving in and out of traffic to get a few car lengths ahead on a dual carriageway? This was a 30mph area with average speed cameras (just after the Cathkin bypass for anyone interested in that kind of thing).

Took great delight in speeding up just enough to make his gap harder to weave through even though he was cutting up cars no matter how much room he had, but I took even greater delight when a bit ahead of me 2 work vans who must have clocked what he was doing moved side by side beside to piss him off the rest of the way.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

I remember when I travelled from Glenrothes to Livingston daily there were a few cars who constantly changed lanes for little overall benefit on a daily basis from Dunfermline to the forth road bridge (late 90s) and I'd be thinking what state they must be in before work putting all that effort into changing lanes for little actual benefit.

6 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

What do people (boy racer fuds with loudners on their exhaust) get from weaving in and out of traffic to get a few car lengths ahead on a dual carriageway? This was a 30mph area with average speed cameras (just after the Cathkin bypass for anyone interested in that kind of thing).

Took great delight in speeding up just enough to make his gap harder to weave through even though he was cutting up cars no matter how much room he had, but I took even greater delight when a bit ahead of me 2 work vans who must have clocked what he was doing moved side by side beside to piss him off the rest of the way.

Good c***s on the road thread this final bit 

c***s that fly up to speed bumps only to slam on their brakes to a speed which barely makes it over the bump then proceed to drag race to the next bump then process starts again. Stupid wankers.

Driving along in a 40 limit behind a tractor going about 14mph, and refusing to overtake it, leaving vehicles travelling behind eith a longer and therefore unnecessarily more dangerous overtake.

Absolute incompetence.

c***s that fly up to speed bumps only to slam on their brakes to a speed which barely makes it over the bump then proceed to drag race to the next bump then process starts again. Stupid wankers.
Exactly what is happening now at Ayr shore car park. Wanky kids in 1 litre fiestas red lining it between the speed bumps and showing off to their wanky mates.

May have been a bit of a c**t on the road tonight but i wasn't the biggest one so f**k it....

Pulled up behind lights behind a VW Fox, who then pulled away onto a 60 at about 20mph. Sticking to that for a few hundred yards for absolutely no reason than to attempt to piss me off by the looks of it (they'd earlier tore away from me as i sat at limit on a 30 leading up to the lights, doing between 40-50 so they weren't slow drivers).

By this time we hit a duel carriageway so took deep pleasure in pulling into the right hand lane (past the Fox revealed to be 2 grinning teenage lads), and sat at just the right speed to box the c***s in behind the motor in front of them on the left and me on the right as they suddenly realised their car could do more than 20 now that i had gazumped their little game. Fuckwits

I was driving towards Edinburgh along the A1 near Gladsmuir last night doing a lawful 65-70. What I think was a sportscar zoomed past me. I'm not much good at working out speed but I reckon by the nick it went past me that car was doing well over the ton. 

What a c***. I had hoped to find a twisted smoking pile of metal further along the road or at least a Polis handing out the telts but no such luck. 

This b*****d junction never really had any issues until the last week when not once, not twice but three times I’ve been cut across from someone the left lane cutting into the lane that goes to the a803 when it clearly has Howgate only. 

3023C327-53EE-44BC-A7B3-AB650B1B6445.png

Yesterday morning.....single track road.... came upon these two who were stopped having a natter.  I thought that as soon as they saw someone needing past, they'd move..... either carry on their separate ways or park up in such a way so that the road wouldn't be blocked.  Not a bit of it ....I don't know exactly how long they just carried on chatting but I reckon I was sat there at least 2 and a half minutes.

I wasn't in any rush so it wasn't a huge deal ....but they didn't know that.  Selfish c***s.

IMG20220515073454.jpg

10 minutes ago, A96 said:

Yesterday morning.....single track road.... came upon these two who were stopped having a natter.  I thought that as soon as they saw someone needing past, they'd move..... either carry on their separate ways or park up in such a way so that the road wouldn't be blocked.  Not a bit of it ....I don't know exactly how long they just carried on chatting but I reckon I was sat there at least 2 and a half minutes.

I wasn't in any rush so it wasn't a huge deal ....but they didn't know that.  Selfish c***s.

IMG20220515073454.jpg

Need to clean that steering column m9, fucking health hazard.