c***s on the road

You drive an Outlander. You have taste, style and are automatically in the right.

Why yes, yes I do drive an Outlander.
Love the car, but with a double pram and four kids... I don't love the petrol it burns...

1 minute ago, Tam M said:
1 hour ago, true_rover said:
Not German enough for that to be the case emoji6.png

The Mrs is Polish... no chance I'll be allowed to purchase a German car...

Next time get yourself a Jewish canoe. 

Spoiler

I’ll await the PnB Policd raid. An old (and probably now inappropriate) joke - a Volvo. Preferably in gold. 

7 hours ago, Tam M said:

I am now a c'nt on the road.

Passed my test in December. First car is a 69 plate, 7 seater Mitsibushi Outlander. (Needed 7 seater due to 4 weans).

It's definitely true what they say, you learn to drive after you pass your test. You get taught how to pass your test, not how to drive.

I have the P plates on, not sure if they are more of a target or not, but I like giving people warning that a f'k up might be imminent.

I am definitely on the c'nt list in my first month or so of driving...

First major error was going to the Mrs' sisters. Roundabout in Linwood, in the left lane going straight on, 2nd exit, but actually left lane was for 1st exit only. First time on that road, and my lessons were always left lane for going straight on. I realised what I had done as soon as I had passed, but was too late to do anything about it. Old guy behind me was so enraged he drove right up my arse and followed me to a car park to have a go at me. I had to calm him down before he gave himself a heartattack. Though, don't understand how he could lecture me on my driving when he would have hit my rear if I slammed on the breaks whilst he was driving up my rear following me. But, lesson learned and if going anywhere I don't know, use Google Street View to try and make sure I understand the approach/lanes.

Went a drive to Ayr at the weekend. Following SatNav can be a bit challenging for ne as I'm deaf. Was going 80 on the outside lane overtaking traffic on left, but going 10mph above limit, wasn't fast enough for the guy behind me who told me to get on the left lane. Again, another lesson learned, if you can move to the left, do it and something I wasn't aware about as you don't get taught this during your lessons!

Apart from those incidents I don't think I'm doing too badly. There is a small stretch of road near me, its a back road, 60 limit, but there are so many bends, on a hill and you can't see the oncoming traffic at some of them, so I probably one of the 40mph c'nts there. But it's a short distance so probably doesn't bother too many. It was the same on the A791 to Ayr, lots of bends, wide car, narrow roads. The speedlimit was 40 there due to works, and I was doing 40 but could tell the cars behind me would have been doing a lot more if they could get past me.

The few incidents have knocked my confidence a bit, but just need to get as many miles under my belt and as much experience on different roads as I can.

Finding this thread really helpful but in what not to do!

Two things.

Firstly, if this old guy was driving up you arse and following you just to see where you were going, with the sole intention of  confronting  you .  .  . why did you try to calm him down before he had a heart attack?

He tailgated you for the sole purpose of giving you a lecture. By the sounds of it a fairly loud and confrontational lecture. If he was seething and hyperventilating because of your driving then f**k him. You were driving on 'P' plates. Let him dig himself into a stroke, then go and do your shopping (or whatever you were going to do) and if he's still there gasping for breath when you get back, call an ambulance. 

Secondly, you are not a c**t on the road. To be a c**t on the road you have to earn your stripes. Just recently passing your test and making some rookie mistakes doesn't count. 

A true and proper c**t on the road has spent a good number of years developing bad habits.

Bad habits that they have accrued through years and years of not giving a shit about anyone else on the road. 

10 hours ago, Netan Sansara said:

One of my pals has no idea how to drive to her work despite driving it for the last 4 years because she puts on the sat nav every morning and blindly follows it. Cannot understand why you’d not just learn the route you drive 5 days a week. 

Wot.  She needs Sat Nav to get to her place of work?

One of my pals has no idea how to drive to her work despite driving it for the last 4 years because she puts on the sat nav every morning and blindly follows it. Cannot understand why you’d not just learn the route you drive 5 days a week. 

Absolute definition of a drone. Just follows what the tech says. Frightening. 

Hard to believe that after 4 years she hasn't subconsciously remembered the route.  Probably shouldn't be allowed out never mind behind the wheel of a car if that's the case.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Wot.  She needs Sat Nav to get to her place of work?

Yes. 

1 hour ago, Trackdaybob said:

Absolute definition of a drone. Just follows what the tech says. Frightening. 

It’s bizarre because the rest of her life isn’t that way at all, it’s just driving. 

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Hard to believe that after 4 years she hasn't subconsciously remembered the route.  Probably shouldn't be allowed out never mind behind the wheel of a car if that's the case.

I’d imagine she has some subconscious knowledge of the route but she claims she wouldn’t know how to get there without sat nav. 

I don't post on here very often as 26,000 (yes) die in road accidents here in Thailand. That is only reported death at the seen.

I dodge and dive every day.

BUT, about 2 weeks ago I was driving on my mopet with daughter front son back,  Going to the market. ....All of sudden a big 4x4 got VERY close to me. 

I gave them the finger. Nothing more.

Few hours later some guy turns up at my house, fist closed wanting a fight.

I was like, wit the f**k (I have my 2 kids in the house). I told him to f**k OFF.

Wife comes back from work and asks who I've been fighting with?

Son, back me up and told the story.

It's a small village. I knocked on his door at 08:00 in the morning today. He SHAT himself. I put my hand out to shake!  

@Tam M as a non driver (I cycle, and I'm a fucking impeccable road user, before anycunt starts 😉) the only one I can relate to is the first one of the boy chasing you to the car park. That's something you can report to the police and said c**t will get points on his license. Tailgating you is pretty threatening behaviour, but road rage is something that gets you points. I would defo have let him have his heart attack tbf.

The level of anger from some motorists is ridiculous though. 

21 hours ago, Netan Sansara said:

I used my sat nav for going home from work every night. It wasn't to actually give me directions, but to tell me if there was heavy traffic on the motorway before I got on it, so I could go another way instead.

[mention=33484]Tam M[/mention] as a non driver (I cycle, and I'm a fucking impeccable road user, before anycunt starts [emoji6]) the only one I can relate to is the first one of the boy chasing you to the car park. That's something you can report to the police and said c**t will get points on his license. Tailgating you is pretty threatening behaviour, but road rage is something that gets you points. I would defo have let him have his heart attack tbf.
The level of anger from some motorists is ridiculous though. 
Lol, to be fair, I could understand why he was so pissed off, but his reaction was ott and I told him as such. After a while my brother in law and I just started laughing at him and that seemed to wind him the old fart up even more.

My reaction would have been significantly different had the kids been in the car with me.

Driving along in a small queue of traffic the other day, the lad in front indicates to turn right, slow moving traffic approaching parked cars coming towards us and not one person has the sense to think 'ah we could end up blocked here, I'll just let him turn to clear the queue behind' then one stupid lassie actually stopped on the junction, blocking the guys right turn and absolutely oblivious to the fact she's just fucked it. The cars behind eventually partially mounted the pavement to let traffic flow. Just zero road sense from some people. 

13 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Driving along in a small queue of traffic the other day, the lad in front indicates to turn right, slow moving traffic approaching parked cars coming towards us and not one person has the sense to think 'ah we could end up blocked here, I'll just let him turn to clear the queue behind' then one stupid lassie actually stopped on the junction, blocking the guys right turn and absolutely oblivious to the fact she's just fucked it. The cars behind eventually partially mounted the pavement to let traffic flow. Just zero road sense from some people. 

I'd say "most" rather than "some".

On 21/01/2022 at 18:55, velo army said:

@Tam M as a non driver (I cycle, and I'm a fucking impeccable PAVEMENT user, before anycunt starts 😉

Anycunt has started 😉 Ach, I'm sure you're a good lad!

I suppose if some fanny starts following you the tip is to let him follow you to the nearest cop shop and see if they still keep up their seethe.