c***s on the road

16 hours ago, Ginaro said:

You have an ambulance behind and a clear road ahead. Do you: A) drive forward so traffic behind can continue moving or B) act like a c**t and try to fit in between the cycle lane defenders?

I'm not a huge fan of all the new cycle infrastructure in Edinburgh (as a regular cyclist), but it's some take to blame the 'plastic rods' for this piece of driving! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 26/11/2021 at 19:09, Boghead ranter said:

Passed this on the M8 near Showcase tonight*

20211126_174147.thumb.jpg.bb09515c7eceddd7de5a7b2a6d5c84f3.jpg20211126_174145.thumb.jpg.7855dedbbbe91507c750fe307cbe90e7.jpg

*pictures taken by a mini-ranter, before anyone gets their fillies bunched.

Seems to be a new thing, has to be distracting for other drivers..

The Swiss seem completely unable to understand the concept of 2 lane roundabouts, especially where the lanes aren't marked. The amount of people who take the inside lane going into the roundabout and then either fire out the first or second exit, and the amount who simply drive in the middle of what would be both lanes, is frightening.

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Seems to be a new thing, has to be distracting for other drivers..

Was thinking its surely distracting for the driver?

Surely when you're looking in the wing mirrors you just get blinded.

Anyone who knows the eastbound section of motorway where the M8, M77 and M74 meet, just before the cut off to Kinning Park, is aware of the amount of vehicles that will be needing to change lanes on a short section of road. You have the cars coming off the M77 trying to get across two lanes before the cut off to Kinning Park, and cars coming from the M8 that need to get into either of the two outside lanes to get on to the M74.

When it’s sensible drivers populating that area then it’s absolutely no problem at all, the cars swapping lanes slow down and can merge against each other, taking a bit of care to make sure the lane your going in to is clear. 9 times out of 10 that’s how it unfolds, but on the odd occasion you get some whopper that just absolutely HAS to get across in front of you, as if it would hurt their reputation to just slow down and merge into the vast empty space behind me. I had a guy in a Silver Mazda this week that I could see in my near side mirror a good 200 yards behind me at the point the chevrons ended, and instead of slowing down knowing he’s about to need to get across two lanes with cars merging against him, he continued at speed until he was side by side with me with and stuck his indicator on. It seemed to come as a shock to him that having his indicator on doesn’t compel me or any other driver on the road to immediately get out the way for you. This particular guy, when I looked across, was going completely off his nut. It’s usually me that yields first as even though they are rotten drivers, I don’t want them to miss their cut off. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

1 hour ago, MP_MFC said:

That bit of road is often full of wankers who are determined to move lanes as soon as the roads join, indicators on and out they go and if you’re lucky they check their mirrors. An absolute hellhole for shit driving.

Yep. I’ve seen some close calls where someone is wanting to get into the lanes for the M74, and someone else is wanting to come off at The Quay, and they both start moving at the same time. I’m always coming from the M8 and try and move over straight away instead of driving further along, where there’s more cars trying to move across. There’s always cars wanting to get into the left hand lanes so if you just reduce your speed a tad, have a look for a gap you can get into and regulate your speed to suit then it’s fine.

If you are familiar with that bit of road, I had a guy recently that was in the right hand lane headed for The Quay whilst I was in the inside lane heading for the M74, who broke sharply just as he passed the end of the chevrons. I realised straight away what had happened that he’d obviously meant to be in the same lane I was in, and I expected him to start moving again as he was almost past the concrete wall that divides the two lanes. What I didn’t expect him to do was fire his indicator on, cut back across the chevrons and pull right out in front of me. I hadn’t slowed down at all as I was watching it unfold thinking to myself ‘there’s no way anyone would be stupid enough to try and get onto this lane from there’, but I was wrong. I got up along side him and had a look in, fascinated to see what kind of person thinks it’s ok to do that. It was a guy probably in his 70s with his wife sitting beside him, absolutely oblivious to the world around them. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

A gentleman of a similar age, pulled off the m8 for the st James interchange, coming from Erskine end. Except he pulled off onto the hard shoulder and drove along it until it because the actual road leading up to the roundabout.

i like the Audi Q7 and Q8 but people who already own an Audi makes it difficult for me to consider, had one come out of nowhere last night at a crazy speed as the road goes from 2 lanes to 1, tried to overtake then undertake then eventually over took me and the car in front while cars are a travelling in the opposite direction, couple of Christmases almost ruined.

4 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Yep. I’ve seen some close calls where someone is wanting to get into the lanes for the M74, and someone else is wanting to come off at The Quay, and they both start moving at the same time. I’m always coming from the M8 and try and move over straight away instead of driving further along, where there’s more cars trying to move across. There’s always cars wanting to get into the left hand lanes so if you just reduce your speed a tad, have a look for a gap you can get into and regulate your speed to suit then it’s fine.

If you are familiar with that bit of road, I had a guy recently that was in the right hand lane headed for The Quay whilst I was in the inside lane heading for the M74, who broke sharply just as he passed the end of the chevrons. I realised straight away what had happened that he’d obviously meant to be in the same lane I was in, and I expected him to start moving again as he was almost past the concrete wall that divides the two lanes. What I didn’t expect him to do was fire his indicator on, cut back across the chevrons and pull right out in front of me. I hadn’t slowed down at all as I was watching it unfold thinking to myself ‘there’s no way anyone would be stupid enough to try and get onto this lane from there’, but I was wrong. I got up along side him and had a look in, fascinated to see what kind of person thinks it’s ok to do that. It was a guy probably in his 70s with his wife sitting beside him, absolutely oblivious to the world around them. 

We have a caravan in Ayrshire and are usually travelling there at 6pm on a Friday night,the amount of idiots trying the gain an extra 100 yards is beyond belief.

19 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

It's foggy today. Yet people seem unable to switch their lights on. 

Fuckin idiots :rolleyes:

They’re also unable to alter their driving to suit the conditions. Visibility was awful but most folk were still just driving about the in the exact same manner as before, not giving a f**k.

Festhered cnuts on the road- a buzzard decided to swoop across the A1 in front of me yesterday causing me to slow down.

Didn't mind too much as it was a nice sight but I thought it would have had more sense and kept height above the traffic.

During the summer they put a bus lane on the dual carriageway section of Springburn Road heading towards the city centre. It's a timed lane, and is clearly sign posted at the start that it operates from 0700 to 0930 and 1600 and 1900. That doesn’t stop folk at other times of day slamming their brakes on and try and pull out into the other lane when there is absolutely no need for them to do so.

36 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

During the summer they put a bus lane on the dual carriageway section of Springburn Road heading towards the city centre. It's a timed lane, and is clearly sign posted at the start that it operates from 0700 to 0930 and 1600 and 1900. That doesn’t stop folk at other times of day slamming their brakes on and try and pull out into the other lane when there is absolutely no need for them to do so.

I go that way regularly to get to royston road/roystonhill for work, yep - have learned to keep a close eye on traffic to the right and watch the spacing of cars when im in the bus lane for stuff cutting over late on. Was hellish at royston road when the 3 way traffic control was in place a few weeks back.