c***s on the road

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:
12 hours ago, tamthebam said:
Section 95 of the Roads Scotland Act 1984 states it is an offence to have mud or dung come off a tractor onto the road to the danger of other road users.
Must remember that one next time I'm behind some clarty fermer on a minging tractor.

Jesus f**k. Whatever you do don't complain on Facebook about farmers leaving mud on the roads. You'll be hit with a barrage of mewling "We put food on your table" pish. Farmers must be just after ARE BRAVE BOYS in the begging for adulation stakes. Miserable straw-chewing c***s.

Are brave boys are now locked in a battle for fourth place in the #RESPECT pecking order amongst public sentiment. With 9 days to go and poppy fever still looking a bit subdued, I fear they're in a mid-table finish this season. 

NHS

HGV drivers

Carers

Farmers

Are brave boys. 

Only a big poppy season can get them back up the table. Driving tankers and ambulances just didn't 't pull in the expected adulation and failed to kick start their season, placing a large amount of pressure on poppy season to deliver. Can are boys turn it around? Stay tuned. 

It's the rest of keyworkers I feel for, though - flying high during lockdown one and totally forgotten about ever since as they slide down the table. 

Edited by Michael W

On 04/10/2021 at 23:05, alta-pete said:

Complicated story (sorry) but I’ll try and keep it short.

Now near 25 years ago I was in Glasgow dropping off keys at an address on W George St when my next move was to head north up W Nile St. (The Wagamama/Pizza Hut/Yo Sushi/Starbucks/Nile Bar junction depending on your age). 

I parked on a double yellow (I know @keithgy, you’d never do that) at the junction on the RHS of the street, dropped the keys and waited for the red light. As soon as it came on, I was off like a scalded cat, left turned north across three lanes of traffic and away. Job done! 

Except I hadn’t seen two of Strathclyde’s finest mounted Polis who had been waiting patiently at their red light on W Nile St. 

25 years on, and with a fairly wide network of friends in the city, it seems I’m still the only guy to have been chased up W Nile St by two Constables on cuddys in my Renault Laguna and given a ticket.

Kids these days, etc, etc….pffft….

Same junction, better story…

2 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Bus decided to turn right onto West Nile Street from West George Street whilst in the middle lane right in front of me this afternoon.

can't quite picture exactly where you are (christ its been a while since ive been in and about the city centre) but might have needed the extra room to turn? Tbf buses should take really dominant road positions (straddling lanes if they need to when its safe) and make it nice and obvious exactly where they're going as early as possible which may not have been the case with your good self.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

On 01/11/2021 at 18:13, Newbornbairn said:

I've told this story before but, hey-ho. As my wife's condition worsened, there came a point where she couldn't walk more than a few feet so we got her a mobility scooter. It took a while for her to gain confidence, but eventually she managed to use it to get into town with me walking beside her. Then came the time for her to go solo - I was working away in Newcastle. So she got ready to go out - this takes her 2 - 3 hrs without help - and she set off up the road. There was only one practicable route for her to go due to a lack of dropped kerbs so when she came to a pickup parked at one of the dropped kerbs she was stuck. She waited around, hoping the driver would show up, then investigated alternative routes but couldn't find a dropped kerb that didn't put her onto a very busy road with a lot of traffic. In tears, she had to turn around and go home. That destroyed her confidence. Who wants to spend hours getting ready then find their way blocked by some inconsiderate sod parking where they please? It was months before she felt confident enough to go out on her own again. 

Due to ill health my step dad had to give up his drivers licence and used a mobility scooter, he was then reliant on the wee bus. There were times when he couldn't get on it for people parking in bus stops. 

17 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

Due to ill health my step dad had to give up his drivers licence and used a mobility scooter, he was then reliant on the wee bus. There were times when he couldn't get on it for people parking in bus stops. 

I think it's an education thing - many people just don't realise the effects they can have.

However, my wife has noticed marked differences in attitudes in different parts of the country. In Falkirk/Stirling/Dundee, people will stop to help her if she needs it. Cars have stopped for the driver to jump out and move wheelie bins that were blocking the pavements, shoppers have helped her get things from high shelves etc. But other places, like Newcastle and Glasgow she's been met with indifference and outright rudeness. She refuses to go to Glasgow any more just down to the way she's been treated. People barge in front of her in shop aisles or walk past her to get in the lift before her (mothers with prams are the worst at that). One time she was in tears at the St Enoch Centre because she just couldn't get on the lift because people were literally trying to push her out the way. 

I've heard that Blue Badge abuse is worse in Glasgow than anywhere else - maybe folk assume everybody's on the fiddle?

6 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

I think it's an education thing - many people just don't realise the effects they can have.

However, my wife has noticed marked differences in attitudes in different parts of the country. In Falkirk/Stirling/Dundee, people will stop to help her if she needs it. Cars have stopped for the driver to jump out and move wheelie bins that were blocking the pavements, shoppers have helped her get things from high shelves etc. But other places, like Newcastle and Glasgow she's been met with indifference and outright rudeness. She refuses to go to Glasgow any more just down to the way she's been treated. People barge in front of her in shop aisles or walk past her to get in the lift before her (mothers with prams are the worst at that). One time she was in tears at the St Enoch Centre because she just couldn't get on the lift because people were literally trying to push her out the way. 

I've heard that Blue Badge abuse is worse in Glasgow than anywhere else - maybe folk assume everybody's on the fiddle?

That's atrocious behaviour. 

42 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

20211030_122648.thumb.jpg.7bd1c71c3df106f8171556f2faf8b1c8.jpg

It's a pity this didn't exist then. I'm now looking forward to infirmity.

How's this for a neat bit of parking... 
Will have zero sympathy if someone clips her car.
20211104_071822.thumb.jpg.5eaac901d78d9f6f73a2995197eac3e6.jpg
When I see these pictures it's even more ridiculous because I grew up in Wallyford, I know the street and the coal road behind the houses opposite you has no lines and you'd be able to park loads of cars.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:
3 hours ago, philpy said:

When I see these pictures it's even more ridiculous because I grew up in Wallyford, I know the street and the coal road behind the houses opposite you has no lines and you'd be able to park loads of cars.

Exactly.  A couple of folk further down the street park on the "brickie" Road behind the houses, including work vans. When me moved in nearly ten years ago, it was never an issue,  but since then people have came and gone, and a lot of households have 2 cars. You'll also know that the street is split into two sides, I park round the other side if i have to.  Better to walk a few more steps than be lazy and inconsiderate. 

1 hour ago, philpy said:

Exactly.  A couple of folk further down the street park on the "brickie" Road behind the houses, including work vans. When me moved in nearly ten years ago, it was never an issue,  but since then people have came and gone, and a lot of households have 2 cars. You'll also know that the street is split into two sides, I park round the other side if i have to.  Better to walk a few more steps than be lazy and inconsiderate. 

This is what winds me up about shite parking. Folk parking at junctions, on pavements, about a mile away from the kerb or whatever.

Most of the time it’s just sheer laziness that they either couldn’t be arsed parking further up the street and walking an extra 30 yards, or couldn’t be arsed taking a minute to fix their shite parking.

This is what winds me up about shite parking. Folk parking at junctions, on pavements, about a mile away from the kerb or whatever.
Most of the time it’s just sheer laziness that they either couldn’t be arsed parking further up the street and walking an extra 30 yards, or couldn’t be arsed taking a minute to fix their shite parking.
The one that really annoys me is when people make an effort to park fine but then leave 0.9 a cars length from the car in front of them, eurobin or junction when there's plenty of space. I get being an arsehole but I think that's down to a lack of analytical thinking which frustrates me much more.

3 hours ago, Empty It said:
4 hours ago, philpy said:

Thinly veiled ‘I know exactly where you live’ threat IMO.