c***s on the road

18 hours ago, welshbairn said:

^^^this. Despite knowing the area quite well I quite often exit on the wrong road because of being stuck in the wrong lane when it's busy.

Approaching from the Fairways side, aiming for the Culloden road, you seem to get drawn into an ever decreasing spiral that forces you into the retail park. Maybe it's an optical illusion (maybe I'm getting senile). It's got to the point where I'll happily detour through that eyesore of a scheme on the hill above Asda just to get to the A9.

15 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Approaching from the Fairways side, aiming for the Culloden road, you seem to get drawn into an ever decreasing spiral that forces you into the retail park. Maybe it's an optical illusion (maybe I'm getting senile). It's got to the point where I'll happily detour through that eyesore of a scheme on the hill above Asda just to get to the A9.

I'm sure if it just had normal roundabout lane markings, it would be safer, although not less busy. The mishmash of spirals and lanes is what makes it so confusing. Coupled with Inverness drivers. It definitely needs lights at peak times as well.

11 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Cars parked on the pavement combined with it being bin day meant the pavements were a fucking nightmare when out a walk yesterday. Twice had to push the pram onto the road as there just wasn’t room to squeeze past on the pavement.

We need a c***s that should be on the road thread.

If there's just about enough space I tend to squeeze through and if I scrape their car tough shit. If folk leave their bins in daft positions I always move them out of the way and right into the middle of their drive too.

Not c***s on the road as such but people that leave their bins facing the road on a windy day next to a car/van. 3 times I've had to pick a neighbours bin off the van because they've almost balanced their bin on the edge of the kerb.

Stopped ready to parallel park into a space outside my house, but it’s a tight street and there were a couple of cars heading in my direction, so I put the indicator on to show I was going to park but didn’t move to let them go passed me. The first one goes by then instantly reverses across the space to stop me going in. They didn’t even park properly, just half stuck out to block me from taking it, then waited for me to drive off to go back out and fix the parking. c**t.

Also witnessed one last night as I was walking through a residential street. Long line of traffic, and the car right at the front stops completely. Guy gets out and starts going mental at the driver of the car behind, shouting “turn your fucking full beams off or I’m not moving”. Old boy behind must’ve been blinding him with full beams for a while and he just snapped 😂

Why put directional road arrow markings in car parks? They're just ignored, particularly by women.

I suppose whenever the accidents occur whoever owns/is responsible for the car park can point to the fact they had directional arrows, so won't be sued.

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Stopped ready to parallel park into a space outside my house, but it’s a tight street and there were a couple of cars heading in my direction, so I put the indicator on to show I was going to park but didn’t move to let them go passed me. The first one goes by then instantly reverses across the space to stop me going in. They didn’t even park properly, just half stuck out to block me from taking it, then waited for me to drive off to go back out and fix the parking. c**t.

You should have reversed into him before speeding off...

3 hours ago, philpy said:

I drove for nearly a mile yesterday behind someone that had their left indicator on . How the f**k can you not notice it's on???

Maybe they were signalling you to pass instead of tailgating them?

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Is that a thing? If someone fired an indicator on the last thing I’d think to do is overtake them. 

Considerate lorry drivers do it quite a lot, it's enough for me to swing out enough to take a peek anyway. I'll do it on a long straight if I'm driving a nervous elderly relative to allow people to pass before the next layby.

3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Also witnessed one last night as I was walking through a residential street. Long line of traffic, and the car right at the front stops completely. Guy gets out and starts going mental at the driver of the car behind, shouting “turn your fucking full beams off or I’m not moving”. Old boy behind must’ve been blinding him with full beams for a while and he just snapped 😂

This is brilliant, particularly cause I know if it was me I would probably just sit there quietly seething for miles.