c***s on the road

11 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

I was probably dying to get home for my nat king, which ultimately didn't happen due to my childish nonsense with the Jetta driver 😂 

Besides the 205 sounded nice cruising along at that speed (which is another woeful excuse). 

This is true, but I'd have been denied some terrific entertainment tbf

That's fair enough I think, we've all been there. 

I mind meeting my current gf at the end of her pub shift one night in the early days, then following her along a single track road, at the dead of night in the highlands, back to her house. To this day it's still the quickest I've ever seen anyone drive that road and I only kept up as I knew my car could corner better. Got to her house, enquired about the rush and it seemed she was just keen for other activities. 

Guess I just have that effect on women... 👀

Feels like double standards somewhere between these tales. 

I mind meeting my current gf at the end of her pub shift one night in the early days, then following her along a single track road, at the dead of night in the highlands, back to her house. To this day it's still the quickest I've ever seen anyone drive that road and I only kept up as I knew my car could corner better. Got to her house, enquired about the rush and it seemed she was just keen for other activities. 
Guess I just have that effect on women... [emoji102]
Trying her best to lose you imo.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:
3 hours ago, thistledo said:
Guess I just have that effect on women... emoji102.png

Trying her best to lose you imo.

I knew it wouldn't be long before someone said it. 😂

On 12/10/2021 at 09:10, Jacksgranda said:

Och I get over each incident fairly quickly, although they come so thick and fast I'm probably in a permanent state of seethe!

By the time our 11 year old grandson learns to drive he'll have a complete lexicon of phrases to describe his fellow road users...

My brother utters the phrase 'added extras are they'  when someone fails to indicate. A phrase he copied from my dad, who converted his first car to have indicators. 

Indicators became mandatory in 1956... 

On 11/10/2021 at 23:00, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I love shit like this, a guy in a black beemer zoomed by me I was already doing around the speed limit on the express way, between EK and the motorway to Kilmarnock or Silverburn. So this guy must have been doing close to 90. Just thought to myself oh well that’s what two lanes are for no skin off my nose etc.

Got a bit further up the road and the guy had been pulled by the police. What a feeling seeing shit like that.

I was coming out of Glasgow on the M80 past Robroyston where is is still a 50. I was in the outside lane doing 51 or so, glanced in my mirror to see a car close behind me, and a traffic cop car behind him. I passed the cars on the inside, so I pulled in. The car behind me immediately accelerated past me, closely followed by the traffic cop car. Passed them at the side of the road a mile later, with the driver getting a severe talking to. How I chuckled.

The person in the 21 plate BMW X3 driving along the M8 there in the outside line weaving into the middle lane and back and then straddling both lanes and then indicating to move over and then not only to nearly wipe out someone coming up alongside them by again veering all over the shop you were either drunk, high, incapable of driving in the rain or a combo of all of the above.

One thing I’m certain of is that you are a c**t.

I was going to post about this old c**t who blocked a roundabout (pictured wearing a woolly jumper, must've thought he was part of Insulate Britain) 
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/transport/edinburgh-great-grandfather-blocks-roundabout-in-spaces-for-people-protest-over-silverknowes-road-closure-3420567?

But then I saw this story about a c**t who somehow got off with killing someone on a bike: https://www.the-gazette.co.uk/news/19654819.kevin-gilchrist-woman-cleared-killing-renfrewshire-cyclist/

The charge included claims she was not paying attention while behind the wheel of her Ford Fiesta, went onto the opposite side of the road and hit the 51-year-old cyclist.

Ms McDowall, who had only been driving for seven weeks at the time, told the court she had "no recollection" of the incident and there was a "gap" in her memory.

Ms McDowall had stated during the trial that she was a "confident" driver.

One witness was said to have alleged her car was seen "veering" that day.

Prosecutor Paul Kearney QC asked Ms McDowall: "Is it not the case you were fully conscious but for whatever reason not paying attention to the road ahead?"

Ms McDowall replied: "No."

She added that the last thing she remembered was turning at a roundabout.

Ms McDowall denied a suggestion she was seen on her mobile phone after getting out of her car following the collision.

Mr Kearney said: "If the witness is right, it means you were conscious enough and alert enough to be using your phone straight after an episode of loss of consciousness and memory."

Ms McDowall responded: "I don't know what happened.

She had earlier told her own QC Brian McConnachie that she did not know how the crash took place.

So basically if you kill someone just say you don't remember what happened and a jury of your fellow drivers will allow you back on the road again. :rolleyes: 

He may be a sad old cnut but he's got a point.

Spaces for people was brought in during Covid lockdown to allow for 2m distance but has been retained and has made a bloody mess of trying to drive in the city 

I suppose people vote on national lines in council elections otherwise you could almost see Edinburgh Council going Tory next year..

3 hours ago, Ginaro said:

But then I saw this story about a c**t who somehow got off with killing someone on a bike: https://www.the-gazette.co.uk/news/19654819.kevin-gilchrist-woman-cleared-killing-renfrewshire-cyclist/

So basically if you kill someone just say you don't remember what happened and a jury of your fellow drivers will allow you back on the road again. :rolleyes: 

Another reason to get rid of the cop out Not Proven verdict for juries wanting to get to the pub or home.

14 hours ago, Ginaro said:

I was going to post about this old c**t who blocked a roundabout (pictured wearing a woolly jumper, must've thought he was part of Insulate Britain) 
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/transport/edinburgh-great-grandfather-blocks-roundabout-in-spaces-for-people-protest-over-silverknowes-road-closure-3420567?

"the clowncil" :lol:

On 18/10/2021 at 23:47, tamthebam said:

He may be a sad old cnut but he's got a point.

Spaces for people was brought in during Covid lockdown to allow for 2m distance but has been retained and has made a bloody mess of trying to drive in the city

Hopefully people will get the message about driving in the city soon enough then.

Had to use the Inshes roundabout today. First time for about 15 months. For those of you who don’t use it, or have never even heard of it. .  .  . You lucky, lucky b*****ds. 

I regularly use the Inshes roundabout and I hate it. I think the road markings are confusing as f**k and several times I have become the c**t on the road as I realise I’m in the wrong lane and have to cut across folk.

This morning I took the alternative route to work via the Inshes roundabout. Big mistake. I never realised how busy it gets between 8 and 9am but there were queues on every side and I was stuck waiting my turn to get through for 30 fucking minutes for a break in the seemingly endless stream of traffic from Culloden way/A9. This is definitely a roundabout that needs signals for peak times.

2 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

I regularly use the Inshes roundabout and I hate it. I think the road markings are confusing as f**k and several times I have become the c**t on the road as I realise I’m in the wrong lane and have to cut across folk.

This morning I took the alternative route to work via the Inshes roundabout. Big mistake. I never realised how busy it gets between 8 and 9am but there were queues on every side and I was stuck waiting my turn to get through for 30 fucking minutes for a break in the seemingly endless stream of traffic from Culloden way/A9. This is definitely a roundabout that needs signals for peak times.

3 times my wee sister failed her driving test on that roundabout.

It's fucking nuts, I just usually pick a lane, grit my teeth and fire in

38 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

It's fucking nuts, I just usually pick a lane, grit my teeth and fire in

^^^this. Despite knowing the area quite well I quite often exit on the wrong road because of being stuck in the wrong lane when it's busy.

48 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

3 times my wee sister failed her driving test on that roundabout.

An examiner would have to be a psycho to include it in a test. Fair enough the instructor taking her around it a few times though.

Cars parked on the pavement combined with it being bin day meant the pavements were a fucking nightmare when out a walk yesterday. Twice had to push the pram onto the road as there just wasn’t room to squeeze past on the pavement.

We need a c***s that should be on the road thread.