c***s on the road

13 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I've got worse - the sheer bad manners, total lack of awareness and f*** you attitude of many road users has me practically apoplectic on occasions.

Ha, yeah,  get you.  I used to be terrible.  I'd get into work seething about something that had happened...or nearly get into serious trouble from car full of lads for giving them abuse prior to realising who was in the car .  My wife started to mention it and as i got older I realised it was pointless really so I've mellowed out a fair bit.

I still chuckle at an incident at the Whirlies roundabout when i was about 21. I approached the roundabout a bit too fast, and had to slam on the brakes as this old guy was coming round.  His old wife in the passenger seat spotted me screeching to a halt and shook her head as he slowly went by, to which i responded with a double middle finger in her direction shouting "F*ck you ya old c*nt!" out the window.  her face dropped and she was tugging on the drivers arm pointing at me but he was oblivious.

Not something I'm proud of but I must admit one of my PTTGOYN is passengers (usually old women) who have a visible opinion on other drivers..

8 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I'm a driver and a cyclist and there are unfortunately plenty of cyclists that give the rest of us a bad name. I put delivery cyclists in a different category from all other cyclists and hope everyone else does also.

Cyclists are horrible road users. However a new breed has erupted near me. The electric scooter boys who travel very long distances on the road. I can't get over how they're allowed to as my heart's in my mouth every time I pass one wobbling along.

35 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

Ha, yeah,  get you.  I used to be terrible.  I'd get into work seething about something that had happened...or nearly get into serious trouble from car full of lads for giving them abuse prior to realising who was in the car .  My wife started to mention it and as i got older I realised it was pointless really so I've mellowed out a fair bit.

I still chuckle at an incident at the Whirlies roundabout when i was about 21. I approached the roundabout a bit too fast, and had to slam on the brakes as this old guy was coming round.  His old wife in the passenger seat spotted me screeching to a halt and shook her head as he slowly went by, to which i responded with a double middle finger in her direction shouting "F*ck you ya old c*nt!" out the window.  her face dropped and she was tugging on the drivers arm pointing at me but he was oblivious.

Not something I'm proud of but I must admit one of my PTTGOYN is passengers (usually old women) who have a visible opinion on other drivers..

Och I get over each incident fairly quickly, although they come so thick and fast I'm probably in a permanent state of seethe!

By the time our 11 year old grandson learns to drive he'll have a complete lexicon of phrases to describe his fellow road users...

Cracker in Sunday on the back road from Forfar to Kirrie. One section is a 1.5 mile straight with a couple of dips in the road at the north end. Woman in a private plated BMW stopped in one of the dips to answer her phone, resulting in the old duffer behind her overtaking with no idea what was coming. Luckily I'd seen the stopped car and slowed to 45ish and had time to brake before hitting the doddery fucker head on.

The woman who stopped in a ridiculous spot was too lazy to drive another 30 yards and park in a layby. Fucking nonsense behaviour.

On 11/10/2021 at 23:00, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I love shit like this, a guy in a black beemer zoomed by me I was already doing around the speed limit on the express way, between EK and the motorway to Kilmarnock or Silverburn. So this guy must have been doing close to 90. Just thought to myself oh well that’s what two lanes are for no skin off my nose etc.

Got a bit further up the road and the guy had been pulled by the police. What a feeling seeing shit like that.

Brilliant isn't it?

My favourite was last year - we were heading up the A9 just coming to the end of the dualled section north of Dalwhinnie i think, and some dick screamed past over the chevrons and pulled in right in front of me, almost taking the front bumper off in the process. He then started tailgating the car in front of him, who was clearly in no mood for this shite. The guy just wouldn't let him past - he'd accelerate just enough to make any overtake on the single lane carriageways too dodgy (it was busy so there were hardly any of those), and on the dualled sections or overtake lanes he'd pull into the outside lane and overtake other vehicles at a nice steady 75mph, not letting the dickhead past. This went on for at least 15 miles, by which time the guy who'd overtaken me was a seething mess, still tailgating the boy, gesticulating etc. Brilliant stuff. 

On 11/10/2021 at 23:12, tamthebam said:

Last night I'm in a bus on South Bridge going towards Leith. Zoomer on a bicycle, dressed in black, no lights, goes into the opposite lane, overtakes the bus, and turns into Princes Street. I wish there had been a double decker coming the other way.

This morning lassie on a bicycle in Dalkeith Road zooms through a red light at a crossroads 

Somebody is going to get killed very soon through their own ignorance. The Polis should be handing out the telts.

ETA: I saw a cyclist shout at another cyclist the other day for going through a red light. Well done sir.

I'm giving you a greenie, for no other reason than i was hammered for calling out twat cyclists, every single one of them are the ''c***s of the road''

On 12/10/2021 at 00:19, Archie McSquackle said:

I'm a driver and a cyclist and there are unfortunately plenty of cyclists that give the rest of us a bad name. I put delivery cyclists in a different category from all other cyclists and hope everyone else does also.

no, you're all dicks.

On 11/10/2021 at 17:22, fuzzydunlop said:

The above story also reminded me of a time on the M73 just past Gartcosh.

There were roadworks so two lanes filtered into one lane with the inevitable tail back at 5pm on a Friday.

As it got down to 400 yards everyone was merging into the correct lane.  

My brother and I were in the car coming back from working in E.K.   As what sometimes happens in these situations one of the lorries pulled out into the lane that is about to be closed to stop anyone getting in at the last minute.

In this case they must've spotted this BMW driver who was hurtling up the lane that was about to be closed to try jump in at the last possible point. 

As the lorry pulled out to stop him,  the BMW driver moved into the central reservation area to get round him, causing stones and allsorts of dust to fly everywhere...but he still managed to get by. 

We sat in the traffic then for fcking ages but as we got into the next section we could see the BMW driver on the hard shoulder. As we got nearer we noticed he had a flat tyre, so whatever he'd driven through to get round the lorry, something must've punctured his tyre.

My brother who is a total bam, was leaning out the window as we went past, giving the guy pelters.... 

Funny at the time!

You love to see the instant karma on the road, it's a rare treat.

A good few years ago there was a lad tailgating me on Crow road, I'd seen him weave in and out of traffic and settled sitting right on my arse looking furious at me in no rush, doing 30mph. When I pulled off to Anniesland road he was still tailgating me all the way along the single carriage section and seemed right angry by this point. As soon as the parked cars cleared on dual and with me in full knowledge of the speed camera near the fire station I pulled in. He went roaring past the speed camera, double flash, not sure he even noticed at all. Had a good chuckle to myself. 

12 hours ago, thistledo said:

You love to see the instant karma on the road, it's a rare treat.

A good few years ago there was a lad tailgating me on Crow road, I'd seen him weave in and out of traffic and settled sitting right on my arse looking furious at me in no rush, doing 30mph. When I pulled off to Anniesland road he was still tailgating me all the way along the single carriage section and seemed right angry by this point. As soon as the parked cars cleared on dual and with me in full knowledge of the speed camera near the fire station I pulled in. He went roaring past the speed camera, double flash, not sure he even noticed at all. Had a good chuckle to myself. 

Magnificent. 

I pulled something similar many years ago on the A90. There's a stretch between the second and third junctions into Forfar (Northbound) which had speed cameras installed about 1.5 miles apart (there had been a couple of fatal smashes on the crossings there, since remodelled with an underpass and flyover). Anyhow, I had been at the cinema in Dundee with my girlfriend that night, heading back to Kirriemuir, I was sitting at about 85mph in my second of numerous shitbox 205GTI's I owned over the years when I noticed some boy in a VW Jetta following close behind. A bit weird as there was virtually no other traffic about. Anyway about a mile short of the first camera I sped up a bit was sat at about 100, with the Jetta still close behind, and just before the first camera I took my foot off the accelerator. Jetta boy pulled out to overtake and roared past me at 110 or so just as I braked down to 70 just in time. 

*flash flash*

As almost everyone does when flashed by a camera, he then pointlessly braked down to 75-80ish and pulled in. I booted it past him, up to 90-95ish. He followed and again I eased off coming up to the second camera then braked for the slip road into Kirriemuir, just as he again roared past, probably again in triple figures. I can only assume the boy was so fucking seething after the first one, he didn't even consider the possibility of another camera just down the road. 

*flash flash*. 

Of course this was as immature as f**k, as my girlfriend did indeed point out at the time. 

As an aside, those cameras must have been amongst the most profitable in Scotland as they were on a long straight just after a long fast downhill section. You could sit in the nearby McDonalds and see them flash 10-15+ times in half an hour. 

Didn't see the accident happen, but you can sort of guess.

Can probably guess how it looked too if I tell you it involved a BMW Z4 meeting the back of Skoda Octavia that had a towbar.

13 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Magnificent. 

I pulled something similar many years ago on the A90. There's a stretch between the second and third junctions into Forfar (Northbound) which had speed cameras installed about 1.5 miles apart (there had been a couple of fatal smashes on the crossings there, since remodelled with an underpass and flyover). Anyhow, I had been at the cinema in Dundee with my girlfriend that night, heading back to Kirriemuir, I was sitting at about 85mph in my second of numerous shitbox 205GTI's I owned over the years when I noticed some boy in a VW Jetta following close behind. A bit weird as there was virtually no other traffic about. Anyway about a mile short of the first camera I sped up a bit was sat at about 100, with the Jetta still close behind, and just before the first camera I took my foot off the accelerator. Jetta boy pulled out to overtake and roared past me at 110 or so just as I braked down to 70 just in time. 

*flash flash*

As almost everyone does when flashed by a camera, he then pointlessly braked down to 75-80ish and pulled in. I booted it past him, up to 90-95ish. He followed and again I eased off coming up to the second camera then braked for the slip road into Kirriemuir, just as he again roared past, probably again in triple figures. I can only assume the boy was so fucking seething after the first one, he didn't even consider the possibility of another camera just down the road. 

*flash flash*. 

Of course this was as immature as f**k, as my girlfriend did indeed point out at the time. 

As an aside, those cameras must have been amongst the most profitable in Scotland as they were on a long straight just after a long fast downhill section. You could sit in the nearby McDonalds and see them flash 10-15+ times in half an hour. 

A masterclass in driving shithousery tbh. 

Surprised this has been up for a while and no one moaned about you doing 85mph, when someone on here had a go at me beeping my horn at someone who pulled out in front of me and seemed to have no idea I was on the road. 

Edited by thistledo

On 13/10/2021 at 08:03, Day of the Lords said:

Brilliant isn't it?

My favourite was last year - we were heading up the A9 just coming to the end of the dualled section north of Dalwhinnie i think, and some dick screamed past over the chevrons and pulled in right in front of me, almost taking the front bumper off in the process. He then started tailgating the car in front of him, who was clearly in no mood for this shite. The guy just wouldn't let him past - he'd accelerate just enough to make any overtake on the single lane carriageways too dodgy (it was busy so there were hardly any of those), and on the dualled sections or overtake lanes he'd pull into the outside lane and overtake other vehicles at a nice steady 75mph, not letting the dickhead past. This went on for at least 15 miles, by which time the guy who'd overtaken me was a seething mess, still tailgating the boy, gesticulating etc. Brilliant stuff. 

That sounds like 2 sets of c***s on the road to me. He might have been driving like an arsehole but just let him past ffs, instead of them potentially overtaking in a gap that is too small and end up seriously injuring or killing someone.

10 hours ago, thistledo said:

A masterclass in driving shithousery tbh. 

Surprised this has been up for a while and no one moaned about you doing 85mph, when someone on here had a go at me beeping my horn at someone who pulled out in front of me and seemed to have no idea I was on the road. 

I was probably dying to get home for my nat king, which ultimately didn't happen due to my childish nonsense with the Jetta driver 😂 

Besides the 205 sounded nice cruising along at that speed (which is another woeful excuse). 

10 hours ago, PB1994 said:

That sounds like 2 sets of c***s on the road to me. He might have been driving like an arsehole but just let him past ffs, instead of them potentially overtaking in a gap that is too small and end up seriously injuring or killing someone.

This is true, but I'd have been denied some terrific entertainment tbf

10 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Agreed. Two idiots trying to find who’s the bigger c**t and the worst outcome is the easier goaded one gets hit with points on his license? A win for everybody I think. Well done @Day of the Lords.  . 👏

8 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Agreed. Two idiots trying to find who’s the bigger c**t and the worst outcome is the easier goaded one gets hit with points on his license? A win for everybody I think. Well done @Day of the Lords.  . 👏

Day of the Lords was merely an observer in that incident, is my reading of it.