c***s on the road

10 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Shell garage in Bucksburn was closed this morning so we topped up whilst in Inverurie (needed for heading 'down south'* tomorrow).  No queues or issues... until some guy in a Hackett polo shirt rocked up with a pile of cans.

*a term my other half uses for anywhere south of Perth.

I thought this was some kind of designer label until I read your footnote.

On 24/09/2021 at 17:51, Newbornbairn said:

I was the c**t on the road today. Drove 200m along the tram lines in Zaragoza while pedestrians gave me cheery shouts and waves. 

Eventually one of them waved me down and using sign language and his only English phrase - "excuse me", he got me to safety 😀 

Why were you in Thhhharagotha?

New job?

10 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

You also typed gallon. Nobody outside of the US has any clue what you're on about. 

I’m probably just old - fashioned but I buy my fuel in gallons (in my head at least).

Meanwhile I had to fill the ca4 yesterday and Tesco, Stirling was no busier than any normal Saturday mid morning thankfully.

25 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

I'm a gardener, need fuel for my mowers and other machinery. No fuel in east Kilbride but Sainsbury's and Morrisons are queued out.

Looks like my business is going to take a hit this week due to c***s

You should run for President.

4 hours ago, superbigal said:

So everyone knows how many kilometres to the litre they get ?
I think not.
My jalopy still does 45 miles per gallon thank you.

In the metric system, they measure fuel consumption in litres required for 100 kilometres of travel. So low number is good.

6 hours ago, superbigal said:

So everyone knows how many kilometres to the litre they get ?
I think not.
My jalopy still does 45 miles per gallon thank you.

That is tremendous use of the 4.5 times table, since Scotland stopped advertising fuel in gallons in 1982. 

Off the scale indefatigability

Our whole house has been isolating for the past week so I'm hoping this has all blown over by the time I get out on Thursday as I could be doing with topping up and this would drive me nuts.

Once this is sorted though, what's the next crisis going to be? It just takes the media to report a potential issue and the panic buying to start to complete the self-fulfilling prophecy.

It's been done to death before on this thread no doubt, but cyclists!!

Almost hit 2 of them tonight. They both had no lights and were wearing dark clothing, cycling along dimly lit roads. Was virtually past them before I noticed them. Had to take last minute evasive action and could easily have swerved into oncoming traffic trying to avoid hitting them.  

13 minutes ago, gmca said:

It's been done to death before on this thread no doubt, but cyclists!!

Almost hit 2 of them tonight. They both had no lights and were wearing dark clothing, cycling along dimly lit roads. Was virtually past them before I noticed them. Had to take last minute evasive action and could easily have swerved into oncoming traffic trying to avoid hitting them.  

Over here it seems to be young 'uns on mountain bikes..

I also can't work out why 'the pros' as I call them all wear dark clothing..

I cycle ...a lot but I normally wear flou pink teeshirts,

hopefully it works..

and as for those glakit looking fat bikes,

I even met a couple of electric ones over your neck of the wood s a few weeks ago..

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

Chunt Indy petrol station owners are are at it too. At the MiL’s In Broxburn  today and fuel light came on. 145p/litre for diesel in the Shell at Broxburn by the new Starbucks. Nae danger! Caressed it home past the Morrison’s at Alloa, 134p/litre. 

Same in Nairn. Sainsbury's and the Gulf garage on the other side of town. Also BP in Inverness, incidentally they were the company who set off the panic. You expect the supermarkets to be a bit cheaper but not 10p plus.