c***s on the road

2 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:
On 22/08/2021 at 19:47, tamthebam said:
Goes without saying that it was a private hire cab but going down Dalkeith Road I am in the outside lane and this knobend is in the bus lane on the left. Nothing wrong with that as taxis can use the bus lane.
Except that they often use it to cut you up as there will inevitably be a parked car (it's not a permanent bus lane). Mr Cunty Cab undertakes me, reaches the parked car, tries to nudge in and looks annoyed when I properly sound my horn in warning. It *might* have been polite to have let him go in front but I am unaware of any law that says you must 
Has anyone ever reported a taxi driver to the licencing authorities for bad driving? Is it worth it?

What's the justification in taxis being allowed to use bus lanes? Half the time they've got no passengers so it's not really about letting more people (other than taxi drivers) move quicker in the same way it is for buses.

I love it when a taxi takes a route a private car isn't allowed to take, shortening the journey and the fare. Happens a fair bit in Inverness without the bus lane dodge.

I had a taxi up my arse the other day so when the road changed to a dual carriageway, I moved in to let him past. He stayed on the outside lane as he approached red traffic lights and slowed down, joining the three cars ahead. The left lane was empty apart from me. As I arrived at the lights, they changed to green and I went straight past, then moved to the outside lane as I had to be in that one to go straight ahead about a hundred yards later. To say it was pleasing would be an understatement.

Sat in traffic all the way from the Rutherglen cut off on the M74 to Braehead on the M8 the other night, expecting to see an accident ahead or a lane closed, something along those lines. The issue that was causing the tailback?…a motorbike that had broke down on the outside lane on the opposite side of the motorway. People are idiots. 

Sat in traffic all the way from the Rutherglen cut off on the M74 to Braehead on the M8 the other night, expecting to see an accident ahead or a lane closed, something along those lines. The issue that was causing the tailback?…a motorbike that had broke down on the outside lane on the opposite side of the motorway. People are idiots. 
Had that the other day, car broke down in a lay by caused miles of tailbacks because folk rubber necking, bunch of arseholes.

Driving up Atholl Street towards the police station side of it, on Thursday. It's 4 lanes, 2 lanes going in either direction.

Right hand lane is for turning right at any junction, then only right at the end. Left hand lane is for left at any junction, then straight at the end.

I'm in the right just moving with traffic, with an artic in the opposing right hand lane driving towards me. Out of nowhere a car on the left swings over from virtually beside me causing me to swerve my front end under the artic, which fortunately stopped for a set of lights.

On the horn and traffic starts moving, but everything points to the boy having no idea what he's done as he just glances in his mirror then stares ahead again. End of the straight he batters through a red light and swing across the other two lanes, which have started to move.

Genuinely see so many issues caused by old folk with no idea what they've done.

I still have nightmares about driving in Perth. In 1989 I passed my test on the Saturday, bought a wee Renault 5 on the Sunday and started work in Perth Theatre on the Monday. First job was to go and pick up the brand new theatre van, a fucking gi-normous Mercedes thing. Maneuvering something the size of a house through the unfamiliar streets of Perth 2 days after passing your test is not fun. 

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

In 1989 I passed my test on the Saturday, bought a wee Renault 5 on the Sunday and started work in Perth Theatre on the Monday. . 

Took her for a drink on Tuesday, we made love on the Wednesday and Thursday and Friday and Saturday 

7 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Took her for a drink on Tuesday, we made love on the Wednesday and Thursday and Friday and Saturday 

You know driving a Mercedes van through Perth when you've just passed your test is a bit like making love to a beautiful woman.

You're hoping your lack of experience doesn't cause you to have to reverse out of a tight passage or make a terrible mess.

Maybe one for the "c**ts in a car park" thread but went to Tesco Camelon on Saturday there. The front of the store has a zebra crossing leading from the store entrance into the car park and there was a chap waiting to cross. I put the brakes on and stopped the car to allow him to do so.

The twat behind decided to overtake me and just about flattened the guy. 

I try to avoid going there after they installed some overly obnoxious speed bumps so will definately be sticking to Aldi from now on.

Edited by Rizzo

Was slowly moving along a single lane approach towards a roundabout in St Helens today, traffic busy. A junction on my left with cars pulling out of a local hospital, made up of two lanes. As i wasn't going to get across the junction and tuck in on the other side i stopped to allow the left lane of the hospital exit traffic to merge in front of me on the main road. Young bint in the right hand lane exit takes this as her cue to fly out and turn right without so much as a glance at any traffic coming from the roundabout in that direction and ploughs side on into another motor that didn't have a chance in hell of seeing her until she emerged into her side door. Watched the whole thing unfold in slow motion, thinking "she's going to look, she's going to look, SURELY TO f**k SHE'S GOING TO LOOK?". 

Get held up in a backup at a large intersection. Two left turn lanes, two straight lanes and one straight or right turn lane. Seems the issue is in the middle somewhere…and as I inch up I find a young lady (generic, not evaluative term) has stalled and is out of petrol. Could they push the car 20 yards to the petrol station and clear the lane…oh no, there’s boyfriend/husband pouring petrol from a plastic fuel tank…

Of course, being a modern automobile, it’s likely it won’t restart unless they reset the fuel pump, if they didn’t burn it out. It’s just so stupid not to push it clear, it wasn’t even uphill or such, it’s small and there’s already two or three of them.

Got stuck behind a tractor & trailer on a back road near Perth the other day. Narrow road and no way was I getting past but no problem, I wasn't in a hurry and was blethering on the phone anyway (hands-free).  So I just followed at a distance and bided my time. Eventually he turned left to go into a field and, without even turning his head, the inbred tattie-shagging yokel c**t extended his left arm and flipped me the middle finger! 

Dafuq?

I just burst out laughing. 

Got stuck behind a tractor & trailer on a back road near Perth the other day. Narrow road and no way was I getting past but no problem, I wasn't in a hurry and was blethering on the phone anyway (hands-free).  So I just followed at a distance and bided my time. Eventually he turned left to go into a field and, without even turning his head, the inbred tattie-shagging yokel c**t extended his left arm and flipped me the middle finger! 

Dafuq?

I just burst out laughing. 
What is the middle finger when you have 6 ?

Was trying to get out of Fife via the Queensferry Crossing late afternoon yesterday, traffic was choked and barely moving from a good few miles from the bridge.

Can't be this many people who live in Edinburgh but work in Fife, so must be a bump or a breakdown I thought, as I trundled along at about 5mph.

I eventually found out that the choke point was the exact spot where the guys were all roped up and washing the dirt off of the cables - people were slowing down to watch.

Humans are arseholes.