c***s on the road

On 21/07/2021 at 15:36, Day of the Lords said:

White Evoques are almost exclusively driven by coke-addicted chavs and wannabe footballers wives.

Its hilarious, really.

Crazy how many folk try and buy them on the never never despite having no credit rating left as they're utterly fucked financially. Some incredibly dodgy companies around that seem to effectively be loan sharks. Like, why bother? Old boy who comes in has the right idea, buys a heap of shite for £200 every year, drives it until it needs its MOT, if it needs more than £200 than he just scraps it and buys another. Not even sure he bothers insuring it tbh.

They're just Transits anyway, unreliable Transits. Kia Sportage is better in literally every single way.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, feedback3 said:

Excellent post. 

Suspect Kia will be my next car, tbh, once I've saved enough for a Stinger.

No idea why anyone buys any different. Reliable, long warranty, huge spec compared to cost, look great. Every other car brand uses Peugeot/Renault engines these days and it shows.

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

No idea why anyone buys any different. Reliable, long warranty, huge spec compared to cost, look great. Every other car brand uses Peugeot/Renault engines these days and it shows.

You're a mechanic.  Thoughts on Mazdas?  I've had 2 Mazda 3s (one 59 plate and one 66 plate) and between them I had about 5 advisories in total, both going through 2 MOTs when I owned them.  The last MOT on the 66 plate had zero advisories.

Edit - Ridiculous spec inside too.  They don't fuck about when it comes to driver comforts/tech.

Edited by TheScarf

On 21/07/2021 at 16:36, Day of the Lords said:

White Evoques are almost exclusively driven by coke-addicted chavs and wannabe footballers wives.

Boy I know here bought one late last year. He is short, ginger, speccy and built like the side of a fiver, so I suspect some level of compensating for other things going on. That said, he also has a classic Jag, so most likely it’s just that he gets paid far too much money to know what to do with it, which isn’t too uncommon over here.

You're a mechanic.  Thoughts on Mazdas?  I've had 2 Mazda 3s (one 59 plate and one 66 plate) and between them I had about 5 advisories in total, both going through 2 MOTs when I owned them.  The last MOT on the 66 plate had zero advisories.
Edit - Ridiculous spec inside too.  They don't fuck about when it comes to driver comforts/tech.
My current car is a Mazda and it's the best car I've owned, an absolute thrill to drive.

The only new kia Stinger I can see for sale are over £600 a month with a £2500 deposit. That's fucking mental money for a Kia.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Edit - Ridiculous spec inside too.  They don't f**k about when it comes to driver comforts/tech.

Seems to be your luck, a few pigs go about and when they go wrong they really go wrong but in general aye, seem more reliable than most.

3 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

The only new kia Stinger I can see for sale are over £600 a month with a £2500 deposit. That's fucking mental money for a Kia.

Yeah I wouldn't be financing a car, I'll wait until one appears under £20k when the market eventually crashes again, used car prices are going up just now. Equivalent to my car is selling for more than i bought it for a few years ago.

Yeah I wouldn't be financing a car, I'll wait until one appears under £20k when the market eventually crashes again, used car prices are going up just now. Equivalent to my car is selling for more than i bought it for a few years ago.
What spend 20k cash on a car I personally think that's mental.

I usually just pcp it as like getting a new car every couple years

58 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Boy I know here bought one late last year. He is short, ginger, speccy and built like the side of a fiver, so I suspect some level of compensating for other things going on. That said, he also has a classic Jag, so most likely it’s just that he gets paid far too much money to know what to do with it, which isn’t too uncommon over here.

Ask him to send some to me

23 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

What spend 20k cash on a car I personally think that's mental.

I usually just pcp it as like getting a new car every couple years

Obviously different strokes but I hate the idea of PCP. Bought my current car outright for about £17k and would much rather do that than effectively lease it for a few years then have to change it without ever really owning it.

Obviously different strokes but I hate the idea of PCP. Bought my current car outright for about £17k and would much rather do that than effectively lease it for a few years then have to change it without ever really owning it.
Im the exact same. And I cannot fully understand/process why I feel that way or what method is more cost effective. I just seem to have a pathological aversion to signing up to monthly expenses. My current car is getting paid monthly but as a straight loan, and even that is winding me up.

Im very much if it depreciates lease it. Interest rates on pcp usually around 3% so it's absolute peanuts.

I personally don't ever want to own my car outright. I like to get a new one every couple of years and not have the hassle of mot, maintenance etc etc.

37 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Im very much if it depreciates lease it. Interest rates on pcp usually around 3% so it's absolute peanuts.

I personally don't ever want to own my car outright. I like to get a new one every couple of years and not have the hassle of mot, maintenance etc etc.

This.

Picture it. Once a year to the designated garage where the service is done and/or tyres changed when they need it without hearing the crinkle of cash or the beep of a card reader. A new car before you get fed up of the one you have. Bliss.

That's what I like about company cars. I haven't owned a car since 2005 and I've got used to the idea of getting in a car knowing it's pretty much a given it will get me where I want to go. No more changing brake pads, replacing clutches, dreading MOTs or even taking the hit of replacing tyres. 

4 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:

I've personally never understood the mentality of leasing a car. You spend approx 4.5k a year doing so. Say over a 3 year period it's 13.5k. 

I've bought my last car for in perfect condition for £12k and sold it 5 years later for 8k so a 4k loss , it rarely needed repaired and when it did it didn't really matter as i accept its part of the cost saving so lets say i spent £1k on maintenance - on the same period of leasing you'd be approx £22.5k  to me thats a significant amount just to not have to worry about an mot which is over and done with in a couple of hours.

I've personally never understood the mentality of leasing a car. You spend approx 4.5k a year doing so. Say over a 3 year period it's 13.5k. 
I've bought my last car for in perfect condition for £12k and sold it 5 years later for 8k so a 4k loss , it rarely needed repaired and when it did it didn't really matter as i accept its part of the cost saving so lets say i spent £1k on maintenance - on the same period of leasing you'd be approx £22.5k  to me thats a significant amount just to not have to worry about an mot which is over and done with in a couple of hours.
Different strokes for different folks

Mental that people think long term renting a car is a better idea than purchasing one.
Why? I like to have a new car every 2/3 years take it out on pcp as its cheaper than HP. Includes a 2/3 year service plan and no mot required so it's hassle free motoring.

After 2/3 years trade it in for a new one

The thought of continuing to pay for something forevermore doesn't appeal to me at all. I'm not some money bags that can buy a car outright, but I can tolerate 4 years or whatever of finance/loan payments and then that's it gone, rather than 50 years or whatever of continuous payments. 

Similarly I'm not fussed about having a new car every three years. 

The only time I'd consider leasing a vehicle would be if I were self employed so I could deduct my leasing costs on my tax return. Would be daft not to, tbh.