c***s on the road

• 2 weeks later...
I was walking a group of dogs round the grounds of FVRH today, and witnessed an auld wumman wind down her window to read one of the hospital signs.
These c***s give me the fear, if you can't see through a window why are you driving? Ignorant auld c**t

Folk who travel 20mph under the speed limit. But worse than that are the same folk who also only do this on bendy bits of the road but then speed up on the straights. So not only are you stuck behind these c***s for miles but on the odd bit of the road that's straight you have to then break the law to get passed the fucking arseholes.

7 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

I was walking a group of dogs round the grounds of FVRH today, and witnessed an auld wumman wind down her window to read one of the hospital signs.

That's like the ones that drive around leaning forward with their face as close to the windscreen as they can get. WTF?

21 hours ago, Empty It said:
21 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

These c***s give me the fear, if you can't see through a window why are you driving? Ignorant auld c**t

1 hell of a lot of pensioners who should have set fire to the license years ago but instead prefer to tell anyone who will listen they've been driving for 50 years and therefore are amazing at it.

The link between the 2 I'm still baffled with.

The roads were a very different place back when you passed granny now shut the f**k up and give me your keys..

8 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

1 hell of a lot of pensioners who should have set fire to the license years ago but instead prefer to tell anyone who will listen they've been driving for 50 years and therefore are amazing at it.

The roads were a very different place back when you passed granny now shut the f**k up and give me your keys..

Been driving 60 years and never had an accident.

No, you've just left a trail of destruction in your wake!

10 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

.The roads were a very different place back when you passed granny now shut the f**k up and give me your keys..

^^^Car jacker found.  Plus using threatening behaviour to those that have sacrificed so much.  Scum utter scum.😤

18 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Aye, they were a different place back in 1974, but funnily enough I've been driving on them ever since and have adapted to compulsory wearing of seat belts, drink driving legislation, more traffic on roads, the introduction of the Green Cross Code, the abolition of hand signals, stricter MOT tests, and probably much more, and also the added bonus of better roads.

49 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Aye, they were a different place back in 1974, but funnily enough I've been driving on them ever since and have adapted to compulsory wearing of seat belts, drink driving legislation, more traffic on roads, the introduction of the Green Cross Code, the abolition of hand signals, stricter MOT tests, and probably much more, and also the added bonus of better roads.

He said "granny", not "granda".

You need your eyes tested before you get back on the road.

6 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

He said "granny", not "granda".

You need your eyes tested before you get back on the road.

On the agenda for next week, Marcella

On 23/06/2021 at 14:41, 19QOS19 said:

Folk who travel 20mph under the speed limit. But worse than that are the same folk who also only do this on bendy bits of the road but then speed up on the straights. So not only are you stuck behind these c***s for miles but on the odd bit of the road that's straight you have to then break the law to get passed the fucking arseholes.

Every time there's the slightest of bend in the road, the slightest deviation from absolute straight, the break lights come on.

18 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Every time there's the slightest of bend in the road, the slightest deviation from absolute straight, the break lights come on.

Infuriating

Oh aye. And I've twice experienced this on the road but I expect it happens more often: the slow moving driver ahead braking when cars pass in the opposite direction. It's both incredible to see and absolutely infuriating.

On 23/06/2021 at 14:41, 19QOS19 said:

This 

6 hours ago, TheScarf said:

and this in spades. Fucking infuriating. Tourists in an Audi S5 went roaring past me last weekend and I'd caught them in the corners then doing sub 40, embarrassing stuff from them tbh. 

Had a number of other belters last weekend up visiting the missus's family in the highlands, highlights being rounding one of the corners at the gorge area on the way to Glencoe to see a woman overtake a heavy plant vehicle on the corner in front of me, a proper emergency brake and she just missed me and the large vehicle. She had time to flash and wave, which was nice I guess. 

Another was on the way home, same road, just a couple of miles outside Glencoe I had literally just said to the missus "man I'd love just a nice steady 60 with no idiot drivers today" I saw a car up ahead emerge at a side road a bit too abrupt, given my proximity I think surely he's stopping? But no, pulls out slowly into my path, having anticipated it I was already slowing down and beeping the horn as he seemed to have no clue other road users exist, he then panics are near enough drives off the road half into the ditch! We're both more or less stopped, I'm trying to usher him to go and he's indicating for me to pass whilst a heavy flow of traffic at about 60 is coming the other way and cars behind approaching at similar speed. Shambles tbh, I overtook shortly after and he gave me a thumbs up... Unclear if this was an apology or acknowledging getting the f**k away from him was a good idea. 

6 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Can we add speed cameras to this? Regardless of the direction they are facing or the fact they are already doing less than the speed limit.

Edited by parsforlife