c***s on the road

On a short section of dual carriageway last night, probably half a mile at most. I had Mr Audi (shock horror) sitting right on my arse beforehand. Got to the start of the dual carriageway so I put the foot down and left him behind (not the most mature thing to do, I know).

Started to slow for the end of the dual carriageway as it was going back to a single lane. Could see the Audi in my mirror getting ever closer with no signs of slowing. He then overtakes on the chevrons chucking up all sorts of dust and debris only to then sit right in front of me for the next few miles.

Fud.

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:

On a short section of dual carriageway last night, probably half a mile at most. I had Mr Audi (shock horror) sitting right on my arse beforehand. Got to the start of the dual carriageway so I put the foot down and left him behind (not the most mature thing to do, I know).

Started to slow for the end of the dual carriageway as it was going back to a single lane. Could see the Audi in my mirror getting ever closer with no signs of slowing. He then overtakes on the chevrons chucking up all sorts of dust and debris only to then sit right in front of me for the next few miles.

Fud.

Yeah, but he showed you who da man is, eh?  Ha!

13 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

People who drive on to a 2 lane roundabout junction following the route shown in that picture are without doubt the biggest c***s on the road. I see it happen often when there isn’t many cars around and the driver can’t be bothered to reduce their speed in order to follow the left hand lane. Whilst it’s still the actions of an idiot, at least they aren’t endangering anyone else. 

But the people who do this when the roads are stowed and I’m sitting inside them nearly having to mount the roundabout to avoid them are another level of idiot. 9 times out of 10 when I catch up to give them the ‘what the f**k are you doing’ look, they are completely oblivious to the carnage they have almost caused behind them. Women aged 50+ are especially bad for this in my experience. 

2C773545-7C9C-4195-96E8-CA35690695C7.jpeg

Even worse when they do this whilst indicating right going onto the roundabout but are actually going straight on.

5 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Fud.

I hate arseholes who do this - the A9 is absolute murder for it. I've only ever been a proper dick about it once, when some dick in a Range Rover tried to overtake over the chevrons at the end of the Drumochter section of dualler - I booted it just enough that he had to slam on the brakes. Pleasingly the other 3 cars he was trying to overtake wouldn't let him in either so he sat there for a few humiliating seconds before ending back in the exact same position he'd been in before his ridiculous overtake. Childish as f**k, but very very satisfying. Even better was that he was also heading to the Fort William turn off so had to sit behind me for about 7 miles until he could overtake.  

55 minutes ago, strichener said:

Even worse when they do this whilst indicating right going onto the roundabout but are actually going straight on.

Indicating right at a roundabout when you're going straight on is the mark of someone who is clearly stupid beyond comprehension. 

5 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

I hate arseholes who do this - the A9 is absolute murder for it. I've only ever been a proper dick about it once, when some dick in a Range Rover tried to overtake over the chevrons at the end of the Drumochter section of dualler - I booted it just enough that he had to slam on the brakes. Pleasingly the other 3 cars he was trying to overtake wouldn't let him in either so he sat there for a few humiliating seconds before ending back in the exact same position he'd been in before his ridiculous overtake. Childish as f**k, but very very satisfying. Even better was that he was also heading to the Fort William turn off so had to sit behind me for about 7 miles until he could overtake.  

I know of a young guy who done similar on the A9. Sat up someone's arse, started flashing them then done a dodgy overtake.

Guy he overtook then booted it, pulled out and cut right across him forcing him to stop. Came out his car and was apparently a 6ft5 bald guy built like f**k 😂

Young boy managed to reverse and speed off before he got dragged from the car, but always makes me wary of acting the c**t since you've no idea who's in the other car

59 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I know of a young guy who done similar on the A9. Sat up someone's arse, started flashing them then done a dodgy overtake.

Guy he overtook then booted it, pulled out and cut right across him forcing him to stop. Came out his car and was apparently a 6ft5 bald guy built like f**k 😂

Young boy managed to reverse and speed off before he got dragged from the car, but always makes me wary of acting the c**t since you've no idea who's in the other car

Why do you say bald, are you baldist?

22 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

People who drive on to a 2 lane roundabout junction following the route shown in that picture are without doubt the biggest c***s on the road. I see it happen often when there isn’t many cars around and the driver can’t be bothered to reduce their speed in order to follow the left hand lane. Whilst it’s still the actions of an idiot, at least they aren’t endangering anyone else. 

But the people who do this when the roads are stowed and I’m sitting inside them nearly having to mount the roundabout to avoid them are another level of idiot. 9 times out of 10 when I catch up to give them the ‘what the f**k are you doing’ look, they are completely oblivious to the carnage they have almost caused behind them. Women aged 50+ are especially bad for this in my experience. 

2C773545-7C9C-4195-96E8-CA35690695C7.jpeg

Even worse when they do it outside of Britain as the arrows suggest

Indicating right at a roundabout when you're going straight on is the mark of someone who is clearly stupid beyond comprehension. 

I had some stupid old cow indicating LEFT going straight through a roundabout, luckily I sensed something was amiss due to her position on the road itself but that was incredibly fucking stupid of her.

My worst thing with roundabouts is when it's a two lane approach and a one lane exit. I don't know if it's unique to Dumfries but it seems to completely baffle folk here. The blue line is the correct way and the red line is for fuckwits that will eventually cause an accident for folk doing it the correct way. The number of folk who think the red line is correct is worrying. What makes this even more baffling to me is that we have a couple of roundabouts where it's a 2 lane approach, one lane exit. If you look at that picture as them going 'South' to 'North', they are completely clueless. The exact same approach is in place going 'East' to 'West' and I have never had any issues or witnessed anybody using the red line approach. Absolutely mind-boggling. It's a fucking circle, the approach doesn't change just because you enter from a different angle!! 
1.jpg.14271f1113aa9f5cd05e557d857233a8.jpg

ETA - by "circle" I mean the shape. I don't refer to roundabouts as circle like a weird Dundonian.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

My worst thing with roundabouts is when it's a two lane approach and a one lane exit. I don't know if it's unique to Dumfries but it seems to completely baffle folk here. The blue line is the correct way and the red line is for fuckwits that will eventually cause an accident for folk doing it the correct way. The number of folk who think the red line is correct is worrying. What makes this even more baffling to me is that we have a couple of roundabouts where it's a 2 lane approach, one lane exit. If you look at that picture as them going 'South' to 'North', they are completely clueless. The exact same approach is in place going 'East' to 'West' and I have never had any issues or witnessed anybody using the red line approach. Absolutely mind-boggling. It's a fucking circle, the approach doesn't change just because you enter from a different angle!! 

1.jpg

The only excuse is if the driver is not familiar with the roads.  Anyone who is and takes the red route should be taken out and shot.

The only excuse is if the driver is not familiar with the roads.  Anyone who is and takes the red route should be taken out and shot.
Aye I would be a bit more forgiving for tourists but the two roundabouts I refer to are definitely locals as tourists would have no business being in the areas they're placed.

Even drivers not familiar with the roads should only be using the right lane to go straight on if there’s road markings stating you can do so.

If there’s no markings it’s surely common sense to assume left lane for left and straight-on and right lane for right.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

1.jpg.14271f1113aa9f5cd05e557d857233a8.jpg

ETA - by "circle" I mean the shape. I don't refer to roundabouts as circle like a weird Dundonian.

Roundabouts are mad - I design them for a living and it can baffle you how people use them!

That said I wouldn't say blue is the 'correct' way out of interest. Whilst it's probably the most common way, the actual guidance if I remember is 'appropriate lane' which leaves a degree of ambiguity. There are more than a few roundabouts where the idea is for both the red and blue lines to be used and traffic to merge at exit. It's usually to, well save money, thus it is left deliberately vague.

My preference for single lane exits like so is to provide arrow markings on approach to avoid issues like you suggest - however latest guidance doesn't like using right arrows on approaches to the roundabout in case people go the wrong way around- so most of the time I'll make the left lane left and the right lane ahead. 

Roundabouts are mad - I design them for a living and it can baffle you how people use them!
That said I wouldn't say blue is the 'correct' way out of interest. Whilst it's probably the most common way, the actual guidance if I remember is 'appropriate lane' which leaves a degree of ambiguity. There are more than a few roundabouts where the idea is for both the red and blue lines to be used and traffic to merge at exit. It's usually to, well save money, thus it is left deliberately vague.
My preference for single lane exits like so is to provide arrow markings on approach to avoid issues like you suggest - however latest guidance doesn't like using right arrows on approaches to the roundabout in case people go the wrong way around- so most of the time I'll make the left lane left and the right lane ahead. 

I'd like to meet the person who decided right arrows might make someone go the wrong way round a roundabout.