c***s on the road

Always found Mercedes drivers to be the lesser of the German w****r automobiles. Audi sits top by miles tbh. I've got a VW, like to think of it as the good guy of the bunch. 
I rarely drive now, except for the shops and up the west coast highlands. I really despise this NC500 concept, brings all manner of fuds and tourists that think the road is now essentially a tourist attraction. Which is utterly moronic, a road is for getting from one place to another, nothing else. Glencoe area is a big massive car park now, in fact car park infers an order to it all, people just abandon their cars anywhere remotely resembling a space. The tranquility of it all is gone, it wasn't that long ago I could drive up on a summer night after work and easily stop somewhere safely for a break from driving, impossible now. 
I recently read Kintyre businesses are trying to launch an equivalent tourist route there - the Kintyre 66. The A83 to Campbeltown is a good road but the B road on the east side of totally unsuitable - single track with hairpin bends that the campervans will come a cropper on.

That reminds me, coming back from Argyll a few weekends ago, I'd just left Inveraray and saw in my mirror a campervan overtaking the car behind me. He overtook me shortly later and then proceeded to overtake another few cars before going past another campervan and disappearing into the distance. Nothing wrong with a campervan overtaking but some of the manoeuvres were downright dangerous and there was no way he could see round upcoming bends to know the road was clear.

Dalkeith Road/East Preston Street junction going southbound. The road lay out allows you to go straight ahead or turn right if you're in the right hand lane. White car in front not signalling. Lights change to green. Car in front edges forward and stops. Still no signal. 

The p***k is turning right but is now blocking me from going forward. Had they bothered to signal when waiting at the lights I would have anticipated this and switched lanes. Stupid ignorant dangerous inconsiderate cnut - hope they get rear ended by a bus sometime.

Shout out to the p***k driving the Dpd van on the Tay bridge today about 3pm cutting in front of me then poroceeding to drive up the arse of anyone until they pulled into left hand lane. p***k.
However why do people persist in driving down the centre of the bridge. It is 1.5 mile long and like any dual carriageway albeit with a 50 limit.
Are they honestly not capable of getting in the correct exit lane in the last few 100m. Or are they worried they will fall over the edge.

25 minutes ago, superbigal said:

However why do people persist in driving down the centre of the bridge. It is 1.5 mile long and like any dual carriageway albeit with a 50 limit.
Are they honestly not capable of getting in the correct exit lane in the last few 100m. Or are they worried they will fall over the edge.

It's like folk getting on the Kingsway at Lochee heading West and immediately getting in the overtaking lane because they're going to Asda.

Yeah that does boil my piss but to be fair to the cars being tailgated by the Dpd driver were in the process of overtaking

You can't go wrong with Mazdas lads.  Had 2 and they've never let me down.  Apart from the first one when I went over a mental pothole I didn't see and half the back end of the car collapsed on me. That wasn't the car at fault though, this was a fucking hole in the road.

I had a 2016 Mazda 3 and that was solid.  Used to pass MOTs with zero advisories. It was a superb brief.  And the Japanese don't mess about when it comes to specs (specifically tech) too. This thing was kitted out inside and outside.

48 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

You can't go wrong with Mazdas lads.  Had 2 and they've never let me down.  Apart from the first one when I went over a mental pothole I didn't see and half the back end of the car collapsed on me. That wasn't the car at fault though, this was a fucking hole in the road.

I had a 2016 Mazda 3 and that was solid.  Used to pass MOTs with zero advisories. It was a superb brief.  And the Japanese don't mess about when it comes to specs (specifically tech) too. This thing was kitted out inside and outside.

Agree I'm on my second Mazda (3 and now CX-5)  and will probably get another one when this one's up. Especially agree on the tech specs. Kitted out to the max.

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Big shout to driver of White Audi reg. XC66 XCA. You don't own the M8 you irresponsible arsehole.

Yass, we need to start sharing the reg plates of all c***s on the road. Can't wait for the headsgone from the first, hey that's my reg.

13 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I recently read Kintyre businesses are trying to launch an equivalent tourist route there - the Kintyre 66. The A83 to Campbeltown is a good road but the B road on the east side of totally unsuitable - single track with hairpin bends that the campervans will come a cropper on.

That reminds me, coming back from Argyll a few weekends ago, I'd just left Inveraray and saw in my mirror a campervan overtaking the car behind me. He overtook me shortly later and then proceeded to overtake another few cars before going past another campervan and disappearing into the distance. Nothing wrong with a campervan overtaking but some of the manoeuvres were downright dangerous and there was no way he could see round upcoming bends to know the road was clear.

Yeah I think the Scottish 66 is actually well under way now. In a way kind of glad if it takes some of the load off the A82 as I don't drive the A83 anywhere near as much as I used to. I know the B roads in that region well, some of which awful to take a large load down *kenneth williams gif* although no worse than the Bealach na ba which is seen as an extension to the NC500 now. I've seen all manner of tourists attempt ridiculously large motor homes and towing huge caravans down that road. Murder if you get stuck behind them as they seem to have zero awareness despite signs indicating to let people overtake. 

Would be interested to know the sort of speeds you maintained and rough size of the campervan, usually if they are larger they should be doing 50mph in a national speed limit area. Apart from the very large straights after the Dunoon turn there isn't many opportunities for a slow campervan to pass. 

I passed a bus a while ago on the A82 a couple of miles passed Tyndrum, had what looked like Chinese writing on the side, driver was not hanging about. Anyway at the end of the straight I looked back and he was pulling out for an overtake two thirds down the Bridge of Orchy straight and on the corner I passed a number of bikers making quite some progress. Unsure how that encounter ended, assume all ok but a scare for someone. 

3 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Big shout to driver of White Audi reg. XC66 XCA. You don't own the M8 you irresponsible arsehole.

Could be a rogue vehicle

Vehicle details could not be found

You searched for XC66XCA

If you are sure that you entered the correct registration number and you need to make further enquiries please contact DVLA.

By phone

• Telephone: 0300 790 6802

• Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm

Edited by superbigal

Dalkeith Road/East Preston Street junction going southbound. The road lay out allows you to go straight ahead or turn right if you're in the right hand lane. White car in front not signalling. Lights change to green. Car in front edges forward and stops. Still no signal. 
The p***k is turning right but is now blocking me from going forward. Had they bothered to signal when waiting at the lights I would have anticipated this and switched lanes. Stupid ignorant dangerous inconsiderate cnut - hope they get rear ended by a bus sometime.
Either that, or they wait until the lights have gone green then signal. Like that helps.

6 hours ago, Perkin Flump said:

Yass, we need to start sharing the reg plates of all c***s on the road. Can't wait for the headsgone from the first, hey that's my reg.

I did see a car at lunchtime today with a reg whose last three letters were FUD. 

which one of you lot has this personalised number plate....

5 hours ago, superbigal said:

Could be a rogue vehicle

Vehicle details could not be found

You searched for XC66XCA

If you are sure that you entered the correct registration number and you need to make further enquiries please contact DVLA.

By phone

• Telephone: 0300 790 6802

• Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm

@Florentine_Pogen is clearly the arsehole on the road here - driving when he can't read a number plate from an appropriate distance

I was driving behind one of those 30mph on the open road arseholes today, who promptly speeded up when he entered a 30mph zone! Also had only one brake light and his right indicator didn't appear to be working. His left one was, though.

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I was driving behind one of those 30mph on the open road arseholes today, who promptly speeded up when he entered a 30mph zone! Also had only one brake light and his right indicator didn't appear to be working. His left one was, though.

Then it wasn't, then it was, wasn't, was, wasn't, was.....

People who drive on to a 2 lane roundabout junction following the route shown in that picture are without doubt the biggest c***s on the road. I see it happen often when there isn’t many cars around and the driver can’t be bothered to reduce their speed in order to follow the left hand lane. Whilst it’s still the actions of an idiot, at least they aren’t endangering anyone else. 

But the people who do this when the roads are stowed and I’m sitting inside them nearly having to mount the roundabout to avoid them are another level of idiot. 9 times out of 10 when I catch up to give them the ‘what the f**k are you doing’ look, they are completely oblivious to the carnage they have almost caused behind them. Women aged 50+ are especially bad for this in my experience. 

2C773545-7C9C-4195-96E8-CA35690695C7.jpeg

Yeah I think the Scottish 66 is actually well under way now. In a way kind of glad if it takes some of the load off the A82 as I don't drive the A83 anywhere near as much as I used to. I know the B roads in that region well, some of which awful to take a large load down *kenneth williams gif* although no worse than the Bealach na ba which is seen as an extension to the NC500 now. I've seen all manner of tourists attempt ridiculously large motor homes and towing huge caravans down that road. Murder if you get stuck behind them as they seem to have zero awareness despite signs indicating to let people overtake. 
Would be interested to know the sort of speeds you maintained and rough size of the campervan, usually if they are larger they should be doing 50mph in a national speed limit area. Apart from the very large straights after the Dunoon turn there isn't many opportunities for a slow campervan to pass. 
I passed a bus a while ago on the A82 a couple of miles passed Tyndrum, had what looked like Chinese writing on the side, driver was not hanging about. Anyway at the end of the straight I looked back and he was pulling out for an overtake two thirds down the Bridge of Orchy straight and on the corner I passed a number of bikers making quite some progress. Unsure how that encounter ended, assume all ok but a scare for someone. 
This was a pretty big campervan and obviously had the power to go with it. I was in a line of traffic, evenly spaced and going about 50-55mph generally and a wee bit faster on some of the straighter sections but there's very little scope for overtaking on that stretch without taking risks.