c***s on the road

Maryhill road at the lights before the Tesco. I stop at the red lights in the right lane, several cars are in front of me w/o indicators. I peek over and can make out (narrowly, this was in the morning so it was nice and bright sunshine the day so not easy to spot the indicator at first) that the first car in the queue has its right indicator on. Ah, ok, bit weird none of the cars in front are either also indicating right to make the turn in to Tesco, or left to change lanes (it's a busy box junction, the left lane is ordinarily full of buses etc. at peak times stopping at each bus stop so most of the traffic shoots for the right lane at that stretch of road)

I look about my mirrors, fling the indicator on to signal my intent, more or less just as the lights go red and amber; blissfully, from my mirror checks, there's nothing at all coming up in the left lane but I can see a Mercedes braking behind me joining the queue of traffic. The Mercedes behind me has quite clearly clocked my left indicator and adjusts his driving.

Does he

i) realise there's traffic turning right and I'm wanting to switch lane to get by it, slowly moves into the left lane and either courteously flashes to let me out or keeps applying his brakes at the same rate so I can move over safely?

ii) literally as soon as my indicator goes on, decide to stop braking and accelerates up to something approaching fucking Sonic the Hedgehog speeds into the left lane without any indication and undertake me rather than letting me complete my lane change, getting him a grand total of one (ONE) space in front of me a few metres further down at the next set of red lights?

No prizes on offer for that one I'm afraid. He then also proceeded to zoom past a bus that was blatantly waiting to pull out, leaving it to me to flash to let the bus in front of me doing my whole Good Citizen bit.

I'm struggling to figure this out, it's not the first time I've seen some abhorrently selfish, cunty driving while I've been out and each time it's one of the Big Deutsche Name Brands that's being driven; the theory I have is some of these dickheads are seething, insecure messes that froth at the mouth with rage at the prospect of a mere Vauxhall getting to be in front of them.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

11 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Got a problem with a little shite in a vw GTI, maybe 4 or 5 mornings a month, practically lying down in the drivers seat with his tiny head peeking over the steering wheel, he's going to kill some poor fucker, in a head on collision with his dodgy overtaking. Seething.

Thank you.

Dob his number plate into the fuzz. Failing that let his tires down.

Owners of more expensive vehicles really are less considerate drivers, a study has found.

People with expensive cars are less likely to stop at zebra crossings — possibly, researchers speculate, because they tend to be more self-absorbed and less capable of empathy.

After observing nearly 500 drivers, psychologists discovered that the value of their car was the best predictor of whether they would stop.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/drivers-of-expensive-cars-are-more-dangerous-to-pedestrians-m0nbmzk80

South Clerk Street this morning. Pedestrian crossing goes to red and people are crossing. Lycra clad tosser on a bike zooms up, doesn't stop or make an attempt to stop and swerves around the pedestrians already crossing causing them to scatter. 

Definitely a breach of Section 28 of the Road Traffic Act 1988, if not a breach of the Deserved a F*cking Good Kicking Act 1823. 

58 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

South Clerk Street this morning. Pedestrian crossing goes to red and people are crossing. Lycra clad tosser on a bike zooms up, doesn't stop or make an attempt to stop and swerves around the pedestrians already crossing causing them to scatter. 

Definitely a breach of Section 28 of the Road Traffic Act 1988, if not a breach of the Deserved a F*cking Good Kicking Act 1823. 

This happened to me once and I tried to kick the fucker off his bike as he went past, just missed him. Fucking hate cyclists who think that they have priority over everyone and anyone else. (does not apply to all cyclists)

25 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

This happened to me once and I tried to kick the fucker off his bike as he went past, just missed him. Fucking hate cyclists who think that they have priority over everyone and anyone else. (does not apply to all cyclists)

Aye I've been a regular commuting/training/occasional touring cyclist for the last 20 years and I've noticed a bit of a downturn in behaviour over the last 5 or 6. The deliveroo lads give me the absolute fear.

On 15/03/2021 at 12:30, jamamafegan said:

Something similar happened to me on the A9 but with those Army barracks lorries. Was about 6 of them and they deliberately blocked both lanes so I couldn’t get past. At one point they broke up a little, enough for me to start overtaking and then they pretty much boxed me in. It was mental, I was absolutely raging because it felt like they were taking the piss/felt intimidating in my old Astra surrounded by these fuckers.

This happened to me on a trip back from the ferry at Newcastle. Annoying thing was I was on the motor bike and was stuck behind them for miles even though we could have got by them easily. They were accompanied by MOD police vans who took it in turns to drive ridiculously fast to leapfrog the convoy and block adjoining roads whilst ensuring noone got by. They must have been carrrying a fucking nuclear warhead the way they were carrying on. c***s.

45 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

This happened to me on a trip back from the ferry at Newcastle. Annoying thing was I was on the motor bike and was stuck behind them for miles even though we could have got by them easily. They were accompanied by MOD police vans who took it in turns to drive ridiculously fast to leapfrog the convoy and block adjoining roads whilst ensuring noone got by. They must have been carrrying a fucking nuclear warhead the way they were carrying on. c***s.

Or flegs.

Im going with flegs.

Can I add to the list, c***s who pull out in front of you at a junction, causing you to slam the brakes on, only for them to go slow as f**k, or turn into the next street.
Agreed. These are usually the same c***s who then sit at 40 regardless of the speed limit.

30 mph road? 40. National speed limit road? 40. 20 mph zone outside a school? Better just keep it at 40.

12 hours ago, Empty It said:

c***s that don't shift over to allow traffic onto the bypass despite nothing being in the outside lane.

It’s just silly, it costs them nothing and helps others, why not?

Problem is a lot worse if you try to join a duel carriageway from a t junction.  You need a decent gap but I can sit and watch dozens of cars insisting on using the inside lane.  Despite a move to the outside lane helping more than it would if it was a slip drivers seem less willing to perform a simple manoeuvre that doesn’t cost them any time. 🤔

On 18/03/2021 at 23:28, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Maryhill road at the lights before the Tesco. I stop at the red lights in the right lane, several cars are in front of me w/o indicators. I peek over and can make out (narrowly, this was in the morning so it was nice and bright sunshine the day so not easy to spot the indicator at first) that the first car in the queue has its right indicator on. Ah, ok, bit weird none of the cars in front are either also indicating right to make the turn in to Tesco, or left to change lanes (it's a busy box junction, the left lane is ordinarily full of buses etc. at peak times stopping at each bus stop so most of the traffic shoots for the right lane at that stretch of road)

I look about my mirrors, fling the indicator on to signal my intent, more or less just as the lights go red and amber; blissfully, from my mirror checks, there's nothing at all coming up in the left lane but I can see a Mercedes braking behind me joining the queue of traffic. The Mercedes behind me has quite clearly clocked my left indicator and adjusts his driving.

Does he

i) realise there's traffic turning right and I'm wanting to switch lane to get by it, slowly moves into the left lane and either courteously flashes to let me out or keeps applying his brakes at the same rate so I can move over safely?

ii) literally as soon as my indicator goes on, decide to stop braking and accelerates up to something approaching fucking Sonic the Hedgehog speeds into the left lane without any indication and undertake me rather than letting me complete my lane change, getting him a grand total of one (ONE) space in front of me a few metres further down at the next set of red lights?

No prizes on offer for that one I'm afraid. He then also proceeded to zoom past a bus that was blatantly waiting to pull out, leaving it to me to flash to let the bus in front of me doing my whole Good Citizen bit.

I'm struggling to figure this out, it's not the first time I've seen some abhorrently selfish, cunty driving while I've been out and each time it's one of the Big Deutsche Name Brands that's being driven; the theory I have is some of these dickheads are seething, insecure messes that froth at the mouth with rage at the prospect of a mere Vauxhall getting to be in front of them.

Something to do with having a small penis is probably the reason. 

On 19/03/2021 at 18:09, Trackdaybob said:

40mph is the national default 'comfort' speed pretty much everywhere these days. 

I hate this so much. Particularly on A / B roads interspersed with 30mph zones for small villages. If you get stuck behind a constant 40mph vehicle with a lack of safe overtaking opportunities for them to then continue at 40mph when they hit said small village really irritates me. I think the fact that they probably think they are an incredibly safe driver, for driving under the speed limit almost everywhere except 30 zones really angers me as well. 

On 19/03/2021 at 14:11, tamthebam said:

Cyclists who want to be considered as a vehicle until they reach a red light which seemingly don't apply to their "vehicle".

2 hours ago, thistledo said:

Something to do with having a small penis is probably the reason. 

I hate this so much. Particularly on A / B roads interspersed with 30mph zones for small villages. If you get stuck behind a constant 40mph vehicle with a lack of safe overtaking opportunities for them to then continue at 40mph when they hit said small village really irritates me. I think the fact that they probably think they are an incredibly safe driver, for driving under the speed limit almost everywhere except 30 zones really angers me as well. 

I'd nearly guarantee they don't know what speed they're doing.

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Cyclists who want to be considered as a vehicle until they reach a red light which seemingly don't apply to their "vehicle".

Or hop onto the pavement when it suits to be a pedestrian.