c***s on the road

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Was behind someone this afternoon who, in broad daylight on the open road, braked every single time a vehicle came towards them. Folk like that shouldn't be on the road.

It’s infuriating,  its a road,  why are they so surprised there’s another car? 

Was behind someone this afternoon who, in broad daylight on the open road, braked every single time a vehicle came towards them. Folk like that shouldn't be on the road.

There are so many of them that do that driving at night when a car comes the other way. There must be a test for night blindness that can keep these folks off the road

7 hours ago, Raidernation said:

There are so many of them that do that driving at night when a car comes the other way. There must be a test for night blindness that can keep these folks off the road

I can understand that, although it's still annoying - and dangerous. But to brake when another vehicle approaches in daylight?

16 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

You had followed them the wrong way down the motorway sliproad tbf.

Ah, personalised number plates with the driver's name on them where a garage name would be. 

This lets me say that Claire Louise McOwen is a c*nt on the road who doesn't signal when turning left and deserves a boot in the pie.

Owning up, i think i was guilty of that "braking slightly  when another car is approaching" thing for a while after passing when i was on certain roads at night. Was never a problem on residential roads but I deffo did it without even thinking in the dark on single carriageways.

Most of my lessons were during the day thinking back,  in hindsight id have been better taking a few more in darker conditions. It must be some hardwired, possibly evolutionary, thing that just takes enough confidence on the road to overcome.

14 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Owning up, i think i was guilty of that "braking slightly  when another car is approaching" thing for a while after passing when i was on certain roads at night. Was never a problem on residential roads but I deffo did it without even thinking in the dark on single carriageways.

Most of my lessons were during the day thinking back,  in hindsight id have been better taking a few more in darker conditions. It must be some hardwired, possibly evolutionary, thing that just takes enough confidence on the road to overcome.

Driving at night should definitely be a lessons requirement, took me ages to get the hang of it after passing my test. Didn't help that I was driving with just the side lights thinking they were on dipped. Best advice I got was never look at the oncoming lights, seems obvious now.

• 3 weeks later...

Live c**t on Los Angeles roads, this slow motion car chase has been going on for over five hours now. The guy has had three tires popped by LAPD stingers but is still leading them around the freeways. Quite entertaining..

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, K77 said:

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of c***s on the road that think driving with a foot of snow on your roof is acceptable but this is something else.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-55950942

Dundee snow car

Even through that windscreen I'm sure they saw it mentioned in 2 other threads ;)

Some red faced fud in a SUV was trying to give me some driving advice just as I'd finished parking. Puzzled me because I couldn't hear what the fud was saying.

I think he's local so, kids, let's try Uncle Tam's experiment "How tough is a SUV tyre when confronted with a rusty screw?"

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Some red faced fud in a SUV was trying to give me some driving advice just as I'd finished parking. Puzzled me because I couldn't hear what the fud was saying.

I think he's local so, kids, let's try Uncle Tam's experiment "How tough is a SUV tyre when confronted with a rusty screw?"

Nail guns are your friend.

16 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Didn’t take the car out since Tuesday and got half a mile before witnessing a BMW with private reg plate undertake, overtake then undertake only to then get stopped at traffic lights. Good to see people driving to the conditions.

Hope it was a good smug face at the lights