c***s on the road

OK ill give you the wheelchair thing but shopping?...no way. Its usually daft women who dive in nose first to the first space they see without thinking of the chaos they'll cause trying to get back out.
My local Tesco has bollards at the end of almost every parking bay, I drive a Ford Ecosport and the tailgate door swings open to the left. If I reverse in I literally can't open the rear door more than a foot or so. If I reverse in to the other bays that don't have bollards but another parking space behind it, then no doubt some nugget parks right up the arse end of my car and I can't open the door there either. As mentioned, if you can't reverse safely out of a space in a supermarket car park then I'm afraid driving isn't for you.

7 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

I don't understand why they put a bollard in the middle at the end of  disabled parking bays. I'd love to reverse in, get the ramps down, get the wheelchair out and get the wife straight onto the pavement. Instead I've got to unload all that in the road and block traffic. 

Our Projects | Parking Bay, Pharmaceutical Company, Herts

It's been doing my head in trying to think what they're for, must be to protect pedestrians from folk slipping their foot off the clutch or whatever.

Depends on the parking space for me.
I have a grand scenic with a long body so if there is a wall or those bloody bollards then it's nose first so I can access my boot, hard to get a buggy out when you can't open the boot beyond halfway.

There is also something to be said for dickheads who are wanting your spot and sit in a position that blocks your view for reversing out.
More than once I have been halfway out and someone has gone to overtake the waiting car.

2 hours ago, weirdcal said:

Depends on the parking space for me.
I have a grand scenic with a long body so if there is a wall or those bloody bollards then it's nose first so I can access my boot, hard to get a buggy out when you can't open the boot beyond halfway.

There is also something to be said for dickheads who are wanting your spot and sit in a position that blocks your view for reversing out.
More than once I have been halfway out and someone has gone to overtake the waiting car.

That's a bit f****** stupid in a car park.

I recon I've seen bollards in every carpark where there is a pavement between the 2 rows. If they are not there then the pavement itself is raised up. They must be there to stop people reversing/parking on the pavement. In the rows where there is no pavement I have seen people reversing partway into the parking space behind. Disabled ones are the same but with a wee sign on them.

That's a bit f****** stupid in a car park.
A more common theme these days, self importance of the other driver not wanting to be held up.
Of the few times it's happened its usually those with n plates (mandatory here for new drivers with less than 2 years since passing test) of the times it's not its been big SUVs.

One that seems to be happening more often (or I’m noticing it more)
People at traffic lights that start to “creep” as they see the light change in another direction, presumably anticipating green and looking to get a quick getaway. Then they just stop and sit there for several seconds when it does turn green before they actually go anywhere.

10 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Bound to have mentioned it before but it's astonishing how many disabled people drive taxis, workmen's vans and high end sports cars judging by the disabled parking bays at Tesco. 

Plus the amount of invisible children people have too, who park in the parent and child spaces.

29 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Plus the amount of invisible children people have too, who park in the parent and child spaces.

I once questioned a guy on this once, I was needing the space to get my then 1 year old out of the car, and his was response was “aye they are at home” as if this suddenly made it okay.

Bound to have mentioned it before but it's astonishing how many disabled people drive taxis, workmen's vans and high end sports cars judging by the disabled parking bays at Tesco. 
Her step mum used to work in a car dealership and told me that the most commonly requested motability car with them was a mazda rx-8. Basically instead of the scheme being used to give disabled people the mobility to live a more independent life it was largely folk using it to get/subsidise a midlife crisis car that they would never normally be able to afford.

5 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:
12 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Her step mum used to work in a car dealership and told me that the most commonly requested motability car with them was a mazda rx-8. Basically instead of the scheme being used to give disabled people the mobility to live a more independent life it was largely folk using it to get/subsidise a midlife crisis car that they would never normally be able to afford.

That should be stamped on - it's sons and daughters-in-law blagging a car and abusing the system. Should be the same penalty as abusing the blue badge

We were at Tesco last week and I was parked opposite the disabled bays (we weren't in one as my wife has - once again - let both hers and our daughter's blue badges run out) and I don't think anybody using them was (a) displaying a blue badge or (b) had the blue badge holder with them.

50 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

That should be stamped on - it's sons and daughters-in-law blagging a car and abusing the system. Should be the same penalty as abusing the blue badge

Would soon put a stop to it if we started giving out these again!

220px-Invacar_1973_(3).jpeg.jpg