c***s on the road

Not so much “c***s on the road” but “c***s in a car park” for this one.

In the wee car park round the back of the corner shop. Started reversing out my space (after checking mirrors and blind spots ofc). After I was already out a bit, the guy opposite/behind me turns on his engine and I notice his reverse lights have came on. I stopped for a wee second and he hadn’t moved, so started edging out again assuming he must be waiting until I’m finished.

How wrong was I? The c**t then starts reversing out while I’m halfway out my space, so I stopped again and gave my horn a tap to let him know I was there. Does he stop? Naw. He carries on his manoeuvre, coming so far out that he’s blocked me in - leaving me with no option but to wait in amazement at what I’m witnessing until he’s fucked off.

As he was driving off I gave the horn another beep to see if I got any response. The c**t didn’t even look. I don’t know if he was completely oblivious to what was going on or just had a neck made of brass. He was fairly old but still looked too young to be at the “so senile he shouldn’t be driving” stage.

To top it off he then indicated right before turning left on his way out the car park.

12 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Not so much “c***s on the road” but “c***s in a car park” for this one.

In the wee car park round the back of the corner shop. Started reversing out my space (after checking mirrors and blind spots ofc). After I was already out a bit, the guy opposite/behind me turns on his engine and I notice his reverse lights have came on. I stopped for a wee second and he hadn’t moved, so started edging out again assuming he must be waiting until I’m finished.

How wrong was I? The c**t then starts reversing out while I’m halfway out my space, so I stopped again and gave my horn a tap to let him know I was there. Does he stop? Naw. He carries on his manoeuvre, coming so far out that he’s blocked me in - leaving me with no option but to wait in amazement at what I’m witnessing until he’s fucked off.

As he was driving off I gave the horn another beep to see if I got any response. The c**t didn’t even look. I don’t know if he was completely oblivious to what was going on or just had a neck made of brass. He was fairly old but still looked too young to be at the “so senile he shouldn’t be driving” stage.

To top it off he then indicated right before turning left on his way out the car park.

Should have reversed in.

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Should have reversed in.

Driving in isn’t my preferred way but it’s perfectly acceptable. That’s why “drive in, reverse out” is one the manoeuvres included in a driving test.

And it’s no excuse for the dozy c**t in question either.

I never drive in nose first into a parking space as its the height of laziness and bad planning. Reverse parking isn't difficult and saves all the faffing about when you're leaving with checking all ways and expecting others to stop to let you crawl out.

24 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

I never drive in nose first into a parking space as its the height of laziness and bad planning. Reverse parking isn't difficult and saves all the faffing about when you're leaving with checking all ways and expecting others to stop to let you crawl out.

Not if you've got a wheelchair in the boot or a load of shopping to get in it. If you can't safely reverse out of a parking bay without delaying other drivers, you shouldn't be allowed on the road.

37 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Except that clearly wasn’t the case here if you’d read what I said. I was already doing my manoeuvre before the stupid b*****d - who was also reversing - barged out.

It’s a very small car park and was busy when I got there so I was doing everyone a favour by driving in instead of holding everyone up while reversing in, and I had stuff to get out of the boot - which would have been up against the wall if I’d reversed.

Bizarre that “well you should have reversed in then!!1!” is the response to the above story.

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Not if you've got a wheelchair in the boot or a load of shopping to get in it. If you can't safely reverse out of a parking bay without delaying other drivers, you shouldn't be allowed on the road.

I don't understand why they put a bollard in the middle at the end of  disabled parking bays. I'd love to reverse in, get the ramps down, get the wheelchair out and get the wife straight onto the pavement. Instead I've got to unload all that in the road and block traffic. 

Our Projects | Parking Bay, Pharmaceutical Company, Herts

OK ill give you the wheelchair thing but shopping?...no way. Its usually daft women who dive in nose first to the first space they see without thinking of the chaos they'll cause trying to get back out.

7 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
13 hours ago, welshbairn said:

OK ill give you the wheelchair thing but shopping?...no way. Its usually daft women who dive in nose first to the first space they see without thinking of the chaos they'll cause trying to get back out.

How will it be chaos? I'm quite capable of reversing out safely and/or choosing a parking place that it makes no difference and can drive in or out. You probably being the car park to a standstill as you make your twelfth cut at reversing in.

I don't understand why they put a bollard in the middle at the end of  disabled parking bays. I'd love to reverse in, get the ramps down, get the wheelchair out and get the wife straight onto the pavement. Instead I've got to unload all that in the road and block traffic. 

parkingbay_2_1209x1190.jpg&key=597fc01f9ecee5a4caa3d7216c4ca5dc98485106464743c1372b5bd07636c825
I'm surprised that's been allowed. Building Control are very strict on DDA compliance these days. Unless the bollards were installed later.

As for parking, I'll normally reverse in unless I'm at the shopping to make sure I have access to the boot.

How will it be chaos? I'm quite capable of reversing out safely and/or choosing a parking place that it makes no difference and can drive in or out. You probably being the car park to a standstill as you make your twelfth cut at reversing in.
Reversing into a space is so easy and makes it even easier to leave. If you take 12 goes at it then you should probably quit driving.

2 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Reversing into a space is so easy and makes it even easier to leave. If you take 12 goes at it then you should probably quit driving.

Your insistence that it's always right demonstrates your inflexibility and failure to see the prevailing circumstances, ergo a shite driver.