c***s on the road

4 hours ago, btb said:

After being cut-up for the umpteenth time on the way home from my daughter's can I nominate Domino's delivery drivers as a group entry?

there is an obvious joke here but as no-one else has stooped that low I won't.

People drive the whole length of the tay bridge in the overtaking lane. Do they really think they are going to fall over the edge if they stick to the left lane.

Regarding illegal undertaking. What should you do in these situations when its not about speed. Just doddery fuckers in the wrong lane at 40mph.

29 minutes ago, superbigal said:

People drive the whole length of the tay bridge in the overtaking lane. Do they really think they are going to fall over the edge if they stick to the left lane.

Regarding illegal undertaking. What should you do in these situations when its not about speed. Just doddery fuckers in the wrong lane at 40mph.

I've encountered this on several occasions coming back from Fife at night.

Utterly bizarre behaviour... 

Those who drive the M74 eastbound through Glasgow, you may know the short merge section with the M8.

You've got maybe a mile to decide "am I going to Lanarkshire or into the city centre"? . Loads of time.

The number of total @rseholes who wait to the very last minute to switch, cross over the fuckin chevrons, and into the 74 is unbelievable. Happened to me again last night. 

Having to slam the brakes on at 60mph on a motorway, when there is about 100m of empty road behind me that they could have used is a tad irritating.

20201202_071257.jpg

23 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:

Those who drive the M74 eastbound through Glasgow, you may know the short merge section with the M8.

You've got maybe a mile to decide "am I going to Lanarkshire or into the city centre"? . Loads of time.

The number of total @rseholes who wait to the very last minute to switch, cross over the fuckin chevrons, and into the 74 is unbelievable. Happened to me again last night. 

Having to slam the brakes on at 60mph on a motorway, when there is about 100m of empty road behind me that they could have used is a tad irritating.

20201202_071257.jpg

Doing 60 in a 50 mile zone?

14 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Doing 60 in a 50 mile zone?

Yes. Which means the guy who undertook me must have been going significantly faster, when if he had stayed at his original speed he could have joined the 74 without giving me palpitations. 

Nobody does 50 on it when the traffic is running well. Sorry. 

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

Van delivery drivers who proceed who hurtle around the streets at what seems like twice the speed limit, screech to a halt, launch out a parcel then do a three point turn ignoring anyone in their vicinity.

These c***s are a danger.

Could be a bit of friction at the PnB Christmas Party this year. 

2 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:

Basically a lot of people are just selfish, thoughtless arseholes.

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

Oh aye.

Some folk are just me, me, me to the core, and even more so when they get behind the wheel of a car.

When driving (on any road, at any time of day) it's best to assume that the time of the c**t behind you is more important than your time.  You can bet that's exactly what they're thinking. 

On 28/11/2020 at 01:27, welshbairn said:

The brake testing thing is just tapping the brake pedal, flashing the red lights to warn the car behind it's getting too close, it doesn't slow the car down.

On 28/11/2020 at 01:43, IrishBhoy said:

It’s not as innocent a move as you make out as it could then see the person travelling behind to stamp hard down on the brake pedal to avoid a potential collision, and run the risk of a car behind them not being able to stop in time and smashing into them. This sort of move becomes even more idiotic on a quiet motorway where the car doing the ‘brake testing’ has had ample time and space to move to their left, as has been said a hundred times, where they should be. 

Yeah this.

Ask a police officer about it and you'll be told how many crashes are caused by people "policing the roads" themselves.

Worst one was a boy smashing it to the hospital with his wife in agony in the back. Reported to be sitting at 90 in the overtaking lane on a clear road, turns to see his wife, when someone pulls into the overtaking lane to try and slow him down. You can probably guess how it ends.

My old apprentice got the full lecture a few years back when one of our police customers spotted him brake testing folk.

Fwiw ill purposely drive slow in a 30 zone if there's some fanny behind me clearly hammering along, but I'll never do that on a dual carriageway/motorway, as its so easy to lose control of your car at 80+ and you've zero idea who's in the car behind you.

Brake testing is for utter morons who'll one day see someone crash behind them due to it yet still justify it, as if possibly disabling someone was worth it to prove a point.

Tail gaiting is also for fannies, and generally is done by folk who think their car is about ten times faster than it is.