c***s on the road

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Smallish work vans are the worst for that, haven't figured out why. The worst is when it's just a short overtaking section.

Going to assume they gradually slow down on single carriageway as maintaining a constant speed seems too difficult for some.   Get the dual and realise the speed limit is higher so put the foot down, get a bit excited and forget they can only do 60 and drive slower for a while for the average speed Cameras.

On 24/08/2020 at 14:46, JamesP_81 said:

Folk that drive the A9 at 35mph on the single lane sections and speed up to 75mph on the dual carriageways!

Had that driving it yesterday. Huge queue behind lorries so we're all travelling 40. No issue with that, just trying to maintain my wee bubble in front of me and behind me.

Boy in front in an X3 starts slowing way down, to the point I'm almost having to stop, before shooting off again. Get back up to around 40, nowhere near the car, and he does it again. He's got a huge gap between him and the car in front.

Must've happened about four or five times, and one of the times the guy behind me almost hits me, clearly half asleep as we all just train our way down the road at 40.

Zero idea what caused it. Was never tailgating him, never tried any dodgy overtakes to potentially annoy him or anything.

His final go at it was before a dual carriageway bit, where he showed to an almost stop just as the dual carriageway came into view, before speeding up and trying to go straight into the overtaking lane despite the lorries in front now being a fair distance away.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Had that driving it yesterday. Huge queue behind lorries so we're all travelling 40. No issue with that, just trying to maintain my wee bubble in front of me and behind me.
Boy in front in an X3 starts slowing way down, to the point I'm almost having to stop, before shooting off again. Get back up to around 40, nowhere near the car, and he does it again. He's got a huge gap between him and the car in front.
Must've happened about four or five times, and one of the times the guy behind me almost hits me, clearly half asleep as we all just train our way down the road at 40.
Zero idea what caused it. Was never tailgating him, never tried any dodgy overtakes to potentially annoy him or anything.
His final go at it was before a dual carriageway bit, where he showed to an almost stop just as the dual carriageway came into view, before speeding up and trying to go straight into the overtaking lane despite the lorries in front now being a fair distance away.
If he drives a BMW then you can be pretty sure thay being a c**t extends to all aspects of his life.

1 minute ago, Ron Aldo said:

If he drives a BMW then you can be pretty sure thay being a c**t extends to all aspects of his life.

Bright orange with a private plate too.

Last time he tried it, and then moved to the overtaking lane, I knew exactly what he had planned so just horsed up his inside and got past. 

You're driving along a wet road, as for example yesterday, and keeping an adequate braking distance for the conditions between you and the car in front. 

What usually happens:

a) if on dual carriageway someone will overtake you and suddenly nip into the gap in front causing you to slow down or brake

b) if it's a single lane road and the car in front is doing less than the speed limit the p***k in the SUV behind will tailgate you to try and make you go faster even though it's not your fault you're driving at 35 mph. 

Grr...

I was on the A9 yesterday - c***s as far as the eye could see, absolutely teemin' with c***s. Shout out to the bright yellow 124 wheeler crane though that caused a massive tailback. 

My main gripe with the road was my new car has that cruise control that reads the speed signs and adjusts your speed accordingly. Works reasonably well but on the A9 they've got big f**k-off signs saying lorries are limited to 50. Yup, the car saw those signs and slammed on the brakes every time. Had to switch the damned system off and drive myself!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cnuts on the road part 1: A75 between Annan and Gretna yesterday. I'm driving at 50 on a single lane road behind an articulated lorry. There's not much point in overtaking because there's a couple of others in front. A Toyota pickup comes from behind overtaking other cars and suddenly realises "shite, there's a car approaching the other way". Luckily for him I've kept braking distance between me and the artic so the cnut can squeeze in without becoming another A75 accident stat.

Anyway I'm later able to overtake the lorries on a dualled bit and catch up with Toyota cnut near Gretna 

Moral of this story: drive carefully, you'll get there.

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Cnuts on the road part 1: A75 between Annan and Gretna yesterday. I'm driving at 50 on a single lane road behind an articulated lorry. There's not much point in overtaking because there's a couple of others in front. A Toyota pickup comes from behind overtaking other cars and suddenly realises "shite, there's a car approaching the other way". Luckily for him I've kept braking distance between me and the artic so the cnut can squeeze in without becoming another A75 accident stat.

Anyway I'm later able to overtake the lorries on a dualled bit and catch up with Toyota cnut near Gretna 

Moral of this story: drive carefully, you'll get there.

I hate c***s like this also. What's the fucking point in the risk? Just wait for a decent, clear bit of road and chill out. 

Cnuts on the road part 2. 

A whole load of sad midlife crisis tossers in expensive sports cars on the A76 near Sanquhar. It's the "epic rally" apparently. On a main public road. "But I'm sure the Jockos won't mind"

I hope there's a speed trap somewhere up the road. Or an outbreak of hillbilly warfare between Auchinleck and Cumnock that wastes them.

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Cnuts on the road part 2. 

A whole load of sad midlife crisis tossers in expensive sports cars on the A76 near Sanquhar. It's the "epic rally" apparently. On a main public road. "But I'm sure the Jockos won't mind"

I hope there's a speed trap somewhere up the road. Or an outbreak of hillbilly warfare between Auchinleck and Cumnock that wastes them.

It only costs £549 Per person

https://www.epicrally.co.uk/epic-scotland/

Had two folk in front of me yesterday brake testing each other on a dual carriageway. Kept overtaking each other then ramping on the brakes after pulling in. I sat at 80 behind them and never gained ground until well down the line, at which point I just sank it past them when I seen a gap as traffic was starting to catch up with me and I didn't want trapped behind the fannies.

Nearly had a head on tonight on my way back from Edinburgh Airport, some nugget at the roundabout before you go onto A8 west where it looks like a figure 8 instead of staying to the left decided he wanted to go right not only did he not take the turn off for a8 west decided he was going to go right round the roundabout despite me flashing the lights and tooting the horn he still went head on had to swerve to avoid the c*nt, the best of it was he wasnt even a tourist with a car hire.

• 2 weeks later...

I was waiting to turn right at a roundabout this evening. The first two cars coming from my right failed to indicate even though both turned left and it was left to the third, an Audi of all things, to finally indicate left and let me on. This obviously isn't unusual but I thought I'd share with you all that not all Audi drivers are c***s on the road.

14 minutes ago, microdave said:

I was waiting to turn right at a roundabout this evening. The first two cars coming from my right failed to indicate even though both turned left and it was left to the third, an Audi of all things, to finally indicate left and let me on. This obviously isn't unusual but I thought I'd share with you all that not all Audi drivers are c***s on the road.

It was probably stolen.