c***s on the road

11 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:
1 hour ago, supermik said:
Agreed. Fair enough on some obscure country road with very little traffic but for just about everyone to use them on a crowded motorway or bypass at the same time is ridiculous. Vehicles slightly further behind often can’t see if people are applying their brakes up ahead.
p.s. I have never used fog lights before, in fact I have no idea how to switch them on in my car.

Nearly went into the back of somebody last night as had spent that long being distracted by their completely unnecessary fog light that I never noticed they had applied their brakes quite heavily! In 20 years of driving I think I've needed to put my fog lights on about 3 times!

Your fault.

Your fault.
Absolutely any accident would have been 100% my fault, just highlighting the previous posts point that if you spend so long having a high intensity red light in front of you it can take away the impact that a high intensity red light suddenly appearing in front of you would have had.

49 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:
22 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:
Your fault.

Absolutely any accident would have been 100% my fault, just highlighting the previous posts point that if you spend so long having a high intensity red light in front of you it can take away the impact that a high intensity red light suddenly appearing in front of you would have had.

Add in some HGVs having a flashing yellow light on their trailers at eye level now. Whose bright idea was that? A shortarse no doubt. 

• 3 weeks later...

Today's C**t on the road is the woman who smashed into the side of my wife on a roundabout after ploughing through a red light! Car a write off, lucky our wee one wasnt in the car. Luckily my wife is ok just with a sore arm and back. The police charging the stupid C**t for careless driving. I reckon if I was there I'd have tore the cow a new one.

On 17/12/2019 at 21:11, pleslie99 said:

Today's C**t on the road is the woman who smashed into the side of my wife on a roundabout after ploughing through a red light! Car a write off, lucky our wee one wasnt in the car. Luckily my wife is ok just with a sore arm and back. The police charging the stupid C**t for careless driving. I reckon if I was there I'd have tore the cow a new one.

Get your wife to the docs. Good evidence of her pain and injuries may be handy. Glad to hear she isn’t seriously hurt.

Stupid dick at the dump yesterday - sorry, Civic Amenity Recycling Facility - reversing out in a van with a trailer in the way in lane. Nearly ran into him as I wasn't expecting anything to be coming at me. All the recycling facilities in our council area are one way systems. Stupid f******.  Then he gave me a wee "apologetic" wave. Felt like sticking two fingers up at him. I suppose if I'd hit him it would have been my fault?

Then a Mexican standoff at the mini roundabout at the bottom of the road. The other two blinked first, I won that one.

Edited by Jacksgranda
missed out a word - daft old c***

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

If the Mexicans are causing a problem it could give both sides someone to hate.

Good point. Must put that to the next Combined Loyalist Military Command meeting. They could pass it on to the IRA Army Council who will tell Sinn Fein what to do.

Edited by Jacksgranda

Tourists still causing havoc up north this time of year, there was a plethora of c***s this weekend as I drove up north (mostly A82 / A87) the highlights are:

The ones meandering around corners at 35mph only to absolutely boot it on the straights up to 65-70mph making overtaking difficult or me look like a c**t for doing it. Special thanks to the ones speeding up during overtakes, love people trying to kill me this time of year. 

Randomly slowing down and wandering over to the middle of the road trying to photograph/film a gloomy day in Scotland, both driver and passenger. 

The winner was the one who decided to pull into a layby, only to then abandon that idea at the entrance and then more or less stop on a national speed limit section with cars approaching in both directions at approximately 60mph. Superb. 

As a guy, I appreciate that guys do lots of bad  stuff while driving, however, why do so many women drivers feel the need to drive about two feet behind you? In Cumbernauld here, we have a great road system, lots of it 40mph with roads and pedestrians kept apart. I’ve lost count of the times that I’m driving around the Craigmarloch area, and coming up fast behind me, then being so close that I cannot see their headlights in my rear view mirror, is a woman driver. I’m doing the 40, they come barrelling up the roads past Broadwood Stadium or wherever at 45 plus, then sit dangerously close behind you. I don’t think women, in general, go in for the crazy overtaking stuff, or the boy racer shite, but why do so many of them need to do that? It’s not a situation where they are stuck behind someone crawling slowly, it’s not on a road where they are eyeing up an overtake, they just sit right on your rear bumper.

Edited by pozbaird

47 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

As a guy, I appreciate that guys do lots of bad  stuff while driving, however, why do so many women drivers feel the need to drive about two feet behind you? In Cumbernauld here, we have a great road system, lots of it 40mph with roads and pedestrians kept apart. I’ve lost count of the times that I’m driving around the Craigmarloch area, and coming up fast behind me, then being so close that I cannot see their headlights in my rear view mirror, is a woman driver. I’m doing the 40, they come barrelling up the roads past Broadwood Stadium or wherever at 45 plus, then sit dangerously close behind you. I don’t think women, in general, go in for the crazy overtaking stuff, or the boy racer shite, but why do so many of them need to do that? It’s not a situation where they are stuck behind someone crawling slowly, it’s not on a road where they are eyeing up an overtake, they just sit right on your rear bumper.

Switch your sidelights on and off - that'll tighten their sphincter.

I used to travel fairly regularly with a man who would stamp on the brakes, if driving at night, when a car approached from the opposite direction. He also had a habit of turning round to talk to you if you were in the back seat. The last one into the car had to sit in the front passenger seat...