c***s on the road

7 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

This is a perfect example of a c**t on the road

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-50102838

Theres hundreds of fannies in 4x4s this time of year who dont understand how that system actually works.

It doesnt help you stop any quicker, and it doesnt help you grip the road better when its soaking wet.

I work for UPS in the city centre of Glasgow and the amount of drivers I see jumping lights scary.i had a woman jump the lights at West Campbell/West George St and how I stopped a 6.5t van without hitting her I will never know.

Did you press heavily on the middle peddle with your foot?

Better than 75% chance that anyone with a personalised number plate will drive like an utter fanny. The more it looks like a name, the bigger the fanny score.
The ones that annoy me more are the ones who buy a private plate but it has such tenuous links to their actual name that they then get their name printed on the bottom of the plate just so that people will then know its a personalised plate, such as W123 MDD ( wullie mcdade). Aye nae bother wullie.

Having had a private plate bought for me by an ex its I found it a novelty at first but then slowly got pissed off at the hassle and cost of transferring it every time I got a new car that I couldn't wait to get rid of it. Luckily my cousin (who has the same name) was desperate to get one, and yes he has the personality to match one that would desire a private plate on their car!

1 minute ago, JamesP_81 said:

The ones that annoy me more are the ones who buy a private plate but it has such tenuous links to their actual name that they then get their name printed on the bottom of the plate just so that people will then know its a personalised plate, such as W123 MDD ( wullie mcdade). Aye nae bother wullie.

Having had a private plate bought for me by an ex its I found it a novelty at first but then slowly got pissed off at the hassle and cost of transferring it every time I got a new car that I couldn't wait to get rid of it. Luckily my cousin (who has the same name) was desperate to get one, and yes he has the personality to match one that would desire a private plate on their car!

^^^William McDade.

• 3 weeks later...

I was driving back from Edinburgh Airport on the M8 about 1am yesterday morning. I'm dog-tired so bombing it at 100mph since there was nothing else on the road. I got to the roadworks where the speed limit is 40MPH, but they make you slow down a good mile before they actually start, so I'm still doing a good 80mph when I spotted a police car on one of those raised bits to the left. I must still have been doing 60mph when I actually passed them and I fully expected the blue lights and to get pulled over but nothing. Does that mean I've definitely got away with it, or could I still get a ticket in the post? 

I was driving back from Edinburgh Airport on the M8 about 1am yesterday morning. I'm dog-tired so bombing it at 100mph since there was nothing else on the road. I got to the roadworks where the speed limit is 40MPH, but they make you slow down a good mile before they actually start, so I'm still doing a good 80mph when I spotted a police car on one of those raised bits to the left. I must still have been doing 60mph when I actually passed them and I fully expected the blue lights and to get pulled over but nothing. Does that mean I've definitely got away with it, or could I still get a ticket in the post? 
If it was that time in the morning I'm assuming the road was fairly quiet so if they deemed you to be sufficiently over the limit they would have pulled you over there and then. I think handheld radar guns are notoriously inaccurate and too easy to be argued against in court for them to be used retrospectively.

I work with a guy who is ex motorway cop in Cumbria and he said when he was on roadside duties like that the general agreement amongst the cops was that they wouldnt bother going after someone unless they were going over 100mph. Chances are the guy wasn't even paying attention to you.

Saying that I'd look out your licence and keep a couple hundred quid handy just in case!

I’ll be driving along there at the back of ten tonight
Thanks for the heads up