c***s on the road

3 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Image result for broxden roundabout crash accident

This is pretty common there. The lorry has been in the left hand lane to go north and has had to cut across two lanes on the roundabout. 

The road markings indicate that those joining from the M90 in the left lane can go into either the left lane on the roundabout for the A9 South, or the middle lane for A9 North or South.

RG's diagram shows him in the left lane on the roundabout, which is definitely A9 South only.

34 minutes ago, Quiet Riot said:

The road markings indicate that those joining from the M90 in the left lane can go into either the left lane on the roundabout for the A9 South, or the middle lane for A9 North or South.

RG's diagram shows him in the left lane on the roundabout, which is definitely A9 South only.

Screenshot_20190918-090446_Maps.thumb.jpg.51ccea895f2db77e6527b7bb8ef3a423.jpg

It's not.

I was in the right lane all the way around the roundabout, you seem to be taking the line I drew on a screenshot as exactly where I drove when it's just a squiggly line I've drawn, I was in the lane for a9 North the whole time.

Genuinely cant believe this is such an issue for folk to understand.

Edited by RandomGuy.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Screenshot_20190918-090446_Maps.thumb.jpg.51ccea895f2db77e6527b7bb8ef3a423.jpg

It's not.

It is on the roundabout, where it’s the left hand lane of 3. That pic isn’t on the roundabout.

There is a school of thought that doing 50 mph round the Broxden roundabout is perhaps a touch excessive, although I of course remain completely ambivalent to such matters.

2 minutes ago, Snobot said:

It is on the roundabout, where it’s the left hand lane of 3. That pic isn’t on the roundabout.

There is a school of thought that doing 50 mph round the Broxden roundabout is perhaps a touch excessive, although I of course remain completely ambivalent to such matters.

As I say, my line isnt an exact marker of where I was, because it's a line I've drawn.

Top tip: Please remember which account your using when replying, as that's now three separate ones in the same conversation. 

20 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm the blue line, travelling from the bottom of the picture towards the top. In the left hand lane with traffic beside me, who also follow that route.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I was in the right lane all the way around the roundabout,

Can't quite understand what caused the confusion. Anyway, tossing out accusations of duplicate sleeper P&B dotting accounts because a couple of folk have mildly commented on a couple of your posts seems a bit much.* 

And on that note, I'm out.

*Top tip - me and quiet riot are definitely, 100% the guy who flashed you at the roundabout when you cut us, sorry, me up. Of course we are. 

2 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Lorry has fucked it - the dashed lines clearly show him/her how to get onto the middle lane.

WTF is the white bin lorry doing? The blue lorry was just following the inadequate road signs imo, you don't expect to suddenly have to cross one or two lanes of traffic if you're sitting in a lane marked for your destination, especially if you're new to the roundabout.

WTF is the white bin lorry doing? The blue lorry was just following the inadequate road signs imo, you don't expect to suddenly have to cross one or two lanes of traffic if you're sitting in a lane marked for your destination, especially if you're new to the roundabout.
Harry Clarke IMO

7 minutes ago, philpy said:
1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Harry Clarke IMO

Nah, it's still on the road...

2 hours ago, Snobot said:

Can't quite understand what caused the confusion.

That's not my fault, that's your issue in not being able to comprehend that the word right has more than one meaning.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Didn't even notice the bin lorry - also fucked it.

Was driving doen south last week & the amount of c###s who when you're in the 2nd lane overtaking  just sit brhind you then pass when you go bck into lane 1 instesd of just using lane 3 to overtake as it's empty is unreal, genuinely baffles me

C*ntress’s on the road - was in front of a taxi, went through the lights at a major junction with roadworks just ahead. 2 lanes merging and I was just past the hatching, the taxi was in it but the traffic was clearly moving slowly and she would be clear of hatching in a matter of seconds. I let the car in front of me merge which seemed to provoke a massive heads gone explosion from said c*ntress, blasting on horn and flashing lights.

The traffic then stopped at the roadworks. There is a busy right hand turn coming the other way. I, not unreasonably one would think, decided to leave a gap to allow oncoming traffic to turn right, rather than blocking the gap  and causing a massive tailback in the other direction whilst the temporary traffic lights were at red in my direction. 

Cue a second major full beam horn blasting meltdown. Quite where she expected me to go or what advantage would be gained by advancing 10 yards and blocking the oncoming turning traffic in already stationary traffic is beyond me.

So if the hatchet faced simpleton with the mirror sun-glasses and the 40 - a - day coupon, driving in the vicinity of Byres Road this afternoon is reading this (and not already succumbed to a massive coronary), you, madam, are indeed a total c*nt.

1 hour ago, Snobot said:

C*ntress’s on the road - was in front of a taxi, went through the lights at a major junction with roadworks just ahead. 2 lanes merging and I was just past the hatching, the taxi was in it but the traffic was clearly moving slowly and she would be clear of hatching in a matter of seconds. I let the car in front of me merge which seemed to provoke a massive heads gone explosion from said c*ntress, blasting on horn and flashing lights.

The traffic then stopped at the roadworks. There is a busy right hand turn coming the other way. I, not unreasonably one would think, decided to leave a gap to allow oncoming traffic to turn right, rather than blocking the gap  and causing a massive tailback in the other direction whilst the temporary traffic lights were at red in my direction. 

Cue a second major full beam horn blasting meltdown. Quite where she expected me to go or what advantage would be gained by advancing 10 yards and blocking the oncoming turning traffic in already stationary traffic is beyond me.

So if the hatchet faced simpleton with the mirror sun-glasses and the 40 - a - day coupon, driving in the vicinity of Byres Road this afternoon is reading this (and not already succumbed to a massive coronary), you, madam, are indeed a total c*nt.

Rules, rules - wid,  or wid not?