c***s on the road

I'd say an instinctive action (which is safe) is safer than one you have to think about - for one thing it's quicker
Nsr is right and the rest of you are wrong. If it's done through habit you're not concentrating on others who are using the road. If no one else is using the road, including pedestrians, there is no need to indicate which shows you are aware of your surroundings.

On 02/09/2019 at 09:26, nsr said:

I was stuck behind the polis doing 40 in a 60 in the countryside for quite some distance the other day. Not sure why.

The do this regularly on the bypass around Perth...

On 02/09/2019 at 11:21, Dee Man said:

Any overtaking opportunities? I'd bet 90% of drivers would shite it if there was despite there being 20mph to play with. 

... and I think this is why. Genuinely feels like they just do it for the laugh, to see how many folk flat out refuse to go past them. Incredible how often you come off Inveralmond, and see a huge tail of cars behind a slow moving police car, rip past them at the speed limit, look back, and still everyone just sits behind them. Bizarre stuff.

... and I think this is why. Genuinely feels like they just do it for the laugh, to see how many folk flat out refuse to go past them. Incredible how often you come off Inveralmond, and see a huge tail of cars behind a slow moving police car, rip past them at the speed limit, look back, and still everyone just sits behind them. Bizarre stuff.

You’re a c**t on the road. Claimed you made it from Perth to Hamilton in less than an hour.

2 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

You’re a c**t on the road. Claimed you made it from Perth to Hamilton in less than an hour.

I made it from Perth to Morton in less than hour, I think it was.

And aye, it wasnt my smartest move, made it for kick off and avoided fines though 😁

• 2 weeks later...

Screenshot_20190917-175236_Maps.thumb.jpg.eeef04a9207b6344e791e0b617342348.jpg

I'm the blue line, travelling from the bottom of the picture towards the top. In the left hand lane with traffic beside me, who also follow that route.

Boy in the red lane pulls out to go a different way, sadly, guy to the left of him, going the same way as me, also pulls out. I'm going 50 with a car beside me, and cars behind me, and hes pulled right out in front me. I have no option but to speed up and cut in front of the guy who's to my side, as theres a gap and anything else sees me run up this fannys back.

How does the boy who pulled out respond? Starts flashing his full beams at me as if I'm in the wrong :lol: 

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm the blue line, travelling from the bottom of the picture towards the top. In the left hand lane with traffic beside me, who also follow that route.

Boy in the red lane pulls out to go a different way, sadly, guy to the left of him, going the same way as me, also pulls out. I'm going 50 with a car beside me, and cars behind me, and hes pulled right out in front me. I have no option but to speed up and cut in front of the guy who's to my side, as theres a gap and anything else sees me run up this fannys back.

How does the boy who pulled out respond? Starts flashing his full beams at me as if I'm in the wrong :lol: 

Looks like the guy in the left lane is starting in the trees. Is the guy to his left pulling out of the field?

And it looks like you have started in the left lane for the southbound A9 only, then cut across lanes at 50 mph to go a different direction. No wonder the folk coming on to the roundabout were taken by surprise. You are definitely the c**t here.

Came home from work yesterday to find this #scene round the corner from my flat. It's a busy residential area with cars parked on both sides of the street and only room for a single car to drive. There's a 4 way junction with clear Give Way signs. One of the cars definitely a write-off. Thankfully, nobody seriously hurt, but how the feck did that black car end up where it did?

image.png.77cbd11a86ca1a4ed7139d21bac056ea.png

image.png.55de794ba6f0a698656b26b1bc69656e.png

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

The left hand lane is A9 southbound you utter buffoon.  You should hand yourself in to the popo.

No wonder Broxden is an utter shitshow.

4 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Came home from work yesterday to find this #scene round the corner from my flat. It's a busy residential area with cars parked on both sides of the street and only room for a single car to drive. There's a 4 way junction with clear Give Way signs. One of the cars definitely a write-off. Thankfully, nobody seriously hurt, but how the feck did that black car end up where it did?

image.png.77cbd11a86ca1a4ed7139d21bac056ea.png

image.png.55de794ba6f0a698656b26b1bc69656e.png

Purple car could've shunted the black car back that way but it must have been flying.

Also including the street name sign in the picture is making it far to easy for @Hedgecutter

7 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Purple car could've shunted the black car back that way but it must have been flying.

Also including the street name sign in the picture is making it far to easy for @Hedgecutter

Tantalisingly, the crash happened just a short walk from Ruel Street, where the two drivers could have gone to settle their differences and ascertain who was in the wrong. 

Just now, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Tantalisingly, the crash happened just a short walk from Ruel Street, where the two drivers could have gone to settle their differences and ascertain who was in the wrong. 

Presumably neither had their maws with them?

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

The left hand lane is A9 southbound you utter buffoon.  You should hand yourself in to the popo.

No wonder Broxden is an utter shitshow.

It's not.

Screenshot_20190918-090446_Maps.thumb.jpg.68a19f0f772d3b187d42b12d7e60091d.jpg

Screenshot_20190918-090628_Maps.thumb.jpg.d5a8c1a684a696029f40abc3baede949.jpg

So aye, its no wonder it's a shit show when folk have no fucking clue how it works.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's not.

Screenshot_20190918-090446_Maps.thumb.jpg.68a19f0f772d3b187d42b12d7e60091d.jpg

Screenshot_20190918-090628_Maps.thumb.jpg.d5a8c1a684a696029f40abc3baede949.jpg

So aye, its no wonder it's a shit show when folk have no fucking clue how it works.

Was the right hand land full? Why would you stay in the left lane to go North?  Its no wonder the left lane is massively backed up with there are folk want to go north. Use the right hand land like any sane sensible driver to go north and let those in the left hand lane go south. 

The signage is clearly nonsense on that roundabout and the sooner they make the left hand land a direct filter to the southbound A9 the better. 

A shitshow indeed.

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Was the right hand land full? Why would you stay in the left lane to go North?  Its no wonder the left lane is massively backed up with there are folk want to go north. Use the right hand land like any sane sensible driver to go north and let those in the left hand lane go south. 

The signage is clearly nonsense on that roundabout and the sooner they make the left hand land a direct filter to the southbound A9 the better. 

A shitshow indeed.

There were two lorries in the right hand lane to, presumably, turn to Perth, and folk were queuing up to go to Perth and half covering the right hand lane at my exit.

I had no option to stay in the left lane, as I came around the corner due to all this. 

A bit bizarre how I can follow lane signs, stay in my lane, someone can pull out in front of me, yet you're trying to blame me here, tbh.

Aye RG is right in the fact that he was technically in the correct lane. People are always looking to take chances at rush hour to get home literally 2 minutes earlier. Same in every city, Edinburgh is just as bad for it at places like Gogar and the Bypass.

4 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

a9.thumb.JPG.2ccd017213bccbd7d8196178c6e59f2f.JPG

However, I usually find the left lane has huge queues when I want to go South to Stirling so I go in the right hand lane then scoot across at the roundabout. 

I usually do too, but the lorries had the right hand queues up.

29 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

A shitshow indeed.

"The signage on the roundabout could possibly be improved so for that reason, you should just follow my made up rules"