c***s on the road

Just had a cyclist shout abuse at me for walking out in front of him, despite him being about ten yards away and travelling at about 5mph. There’s a better chance of me getting my Nat King tonight than there was of there being any sort of accident between us.

Just had a cyclist shout abuse at me for walking out in front of him, despite him being about ten yards away and travelling at about 5mph. There’s a better chance of me getting my Nat King tonight than there was of there being any sort of accident between us.

A stick in between the wheel spokes will do the trick next time.

19 hours ago, IainMorton said:

To be fair to him he was probably lost in a fantasy he was going as fast as Lance Armstrong.

8 minutes ago, nsr said:

To be fair to him he was probably lost in a fantasy he was going as fast as Lance Armstrong.

I would normally wait for a cyclist to pass but there was a huge queue of traffic coming up behind him and couldn’t be arsed waiting any longer than I had to.

People who begin to signal at the moment they begin to perform the manoeuvre. What's the point of that?

My wife still insists on using her signals even if there isn't another car or human being in sight.

People who begin to signal at the moment they begin to perform the manoeuvre. What's the point of that?
My wife still insists on using her signals even if there isn't another car or human being in sight.
That shows she is doing it through habit and not through concentrating on other road users who may benefit from her indicating.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Blind spots or distraction. Good habit.

I'm talking about situations when it is abundantly clear that there isn't another human being for some distance around.

Just now, nsr said:

I'm talking about situations when it is abundantly clear that there isn't another human being for some distance around.

It doesn't do any harm and it could be a life saver at some point. I don't see a downside.