c***s on the road

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

The amount of times I meet people coming round corners who are on the wrong side of the white line is frightening. One day they will be that far over it I'll get clipped.

Are people incapable of adjusting their speed to suit the road layout?

Occasionally these signs can be encountered, which annoy me.

download.jpg

2 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Occasionally these signs can be encountered, which annoy me.

download.jpg

It's not so bad when you can see straight ahead, but if there is a bend in the road it's a recipe for an accident.

There's a hump backed bridge and a dog leg bridge near me. The dog leg you just have to ca canny and keep as far to the left as is possible, although in all the years I've been on that road I don't think I've ever met a car coming in the opposite direction at that point.

The hump back bridge is a different kettle of fish - there's not enough room for 2 vehicles to pass each other, so someone has to give way. There's no protocol for this however, and you can sometimes find that both drivers stop to allow the other one to proceed. Better that than both drivers careering on over the bridge, of course.

We could do with one of those "On coming vehicles have priority" signs.

Driving along Callander road in Falkirk and watched  some old duffer indicate right on a roundabout twice only to go straight over changing to a left signal at the very last second. 

Both these roundabouts have 3 lanes on approach and he was in the middle one each time indicating right stopping the traffic on the other side twice.

On 08/08/2019 at 17:18, Jacksgranda said:

Anyway, todays rant - maybe this should be c**** in a car park - I was in two different car parks today, both of which have a one way system to allow traffic to flow. They might as well have signs saying "Drive whatever f****** direction you want, particularly if you're a female and driving a people carrier". 

Unbelievable the amount of people who blithely ignored the one way system. Not helped by the fact that the vast majority of cars nowadays appear not to have indicators.

They're still at it. Accompanied by a wee wave after they have managed to park. It was MY space you moron, I drove round the car park in the correct direction to get to it.

13 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

Folk cutting corners when turning in at junctions drives me absolutely mental. You're driving a Volkswagen Fox, no a fucking artic.

Horrendous driving.

13 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Driving along Callander road in Falkirk and watched  some old duffer indicate right on a roundabout twice only to go straight over changing to a left signal at the very last second. 

Both these roundabouts have 3 lanes on approach and he was in the middle one each time indicating right stopping the traffic on the other side twice.

Yep, it's a worryingly increasing trend.  At no point are they going right.

The f**k is this about?

Six in court over murder attempt on bikers in Cullen https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-49298903

Six men have appeared in court charged with the attempted murder of three bikers.
Ian Ewing, 44, Patrick Noble, 52, Kyle Urquhart, 22, Ian Yeomans, 57, Lewis Ross, 36, and Steven McSeveney, 33, appeared at the High Court in Glasgow.
They are alleged to have committed the offences on the A98 Fochabers to Banff Road at Cullen, Moray, on 8 September.
The charges include driving vehicles at two of the bikers and attacking two with weapons, including a claw hammer.
The men appearing in the dock were from Stonehaven, Aberdeen, Peterhead, Insch and Alford.
It is alleged that, while acting with others, they drove a vehicle at biker Alistair Thompson and attempted to knock him off his motorbike.
Claw hammer
They are also accused of driving a vehicle at Colin Sutherland, causing him to fall from his bike and losing consciousness, then assaulting him with a claw hammer, tyre iron and baseball bat. They are also alleged to have kicked him on the body and cut his clothing with a knife.
All six are also charged with attempting to murder John Sutherland by causing him to fall from his bike and striking him with a claw hammer, tyre iron and baseball bat.
They are also accused of assaulting two other bikers, Edward Forrest and Nicky Syratt, to the danger of their lives.
And they face a charge of committing a breach of the peace, while acting with others and with their faces masked, by brandishing weapons and repeatedly striking motorbikes with them.
All six deny all the charges against them.
Judge Lord Matthews set a trial date for January next year.

Guest Moomintroll
The f**k is this about?

Six in court over murder attempt on bikers in Cullen https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-49298903

Six men have appeared in court charged with the attempted murder of three bikers.
Ian Ewing, 44, Patrick Noble, 52, Kyle Urquhart, 22, Ian Yeomans, 57, Lewis Ross, 36, and Steven McSeveney, 33, appeared at the High Court in Glasgow.
They are alleged to have committed the offences on the A98 Fochabers to Banff Road at Cullen, Moray, on 8 September.
The charges include driving vehicles at two of the bikers and attacking two with weapons, including a claw hammer.
The men appearing in the dock were from Stonehaven, Aberdeen, Peterhead, Insch and Alford.
It is alleged that, while acting with others, they drove a vehicle at biker Alistair Thompson and attempted to knock him off his motorbike.
Claw hammer
They are also accused of driving a vehicle at Colin Sutherland, causing him to fall from his bike and losing consciousness, then assaulting him with a claw hammer, tyre iron and baseball bat. They are also alleged to have kicked him on the body and cut his clothing with a knife.
All six are also charged with attempting to murder John Sutherland by causing him to fall from his bike and striking him with a claw hammer, tyre iron and baseball bat.
They are also accused of assaulting two other bikers, Edward Forrest and Nicky Syratt, to the danger of their lives.
And they face a charge of committing a breach of the peace, while acting with others and with their faces masked, by brandishing weapons and repeatedly striking motorbikes with them.
All six deny all the charges against them.
Judge Lord Matthews set a trial date for January next year.
Outlaws/Hells Angels spat probably, those lovable rogues.

First day back on the school run and the full range of school run c*nts have hit the ground running.

Got parked much further away than normal, fair dos first day back and a new entrance/car park section of the school had just opened so probably more traffic backed up. Naw, every car along the road has just parked 3/4 of a car length behind the car in front taking up way more road than necessary.

Get to the T junction next to the school and cars parked round the corner on both sides including 1 c*nto that decided to park entirely on the pavement on the corner forcing everyone to either walk round the corner on the road or go over a muddy field.

Topped off by the c*nts who decide that their kids are so important that they can park in the VIP section, AKA the yellow painted 'school keep clear' section.

52 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

First day back on the school run and the full range of school run c*nts have hit the ground running.

Got parked much further away than normal, fair dos first day back and a new entrance/car park section of the school had just opened so probably more traffic backed up. Naw, every car along the road has just parked 3/4 of a car length behind the car in front taking up way more road than necessary.

Get to the T junction next to the school and cars parked round the corner on both sides including 1 c*nto that decided to park entirely on the pavement on the corner forcing everyone to either walk round the corner on the road or go over a muddy field.

Topped off by the c*nts who decide that their kids are so important that they can park in the VIP section, AKA the yellow painted 'school keep clear' section.

I assume this is a primary school? I thought that their catchment areas are such that they are within walking distance, obviously not helped by folk parking on the pavement.

I assume this is a primary school? I thought that their catchment areas are such that they are within walking distance, obviously not helped by folk parking on the pavement.
Yeah primary school. In theory that should be the case but never gonna work out like that for everyone, whether it be people who live close but drop off on way to/from work right through to lazy c*nts that can't walk the length of themselves. I don't mind people dropping/picking up kids in their cars it's just the sheer selfishness and lack of any sense that drives me crazy. I used to live right across the road from the school and you would get people just parking across the entrance to my car park with their hazards on and double parking on corners all over the place and then give you abuse if you challenged them!

I'd fully welcome a car exclusion zone, I don't mind parking further away and walking the rest, just the mile and a quarter I am away now is a bit much to do with a 6 and a 4 year old, especially like my first point I'm more often than not dropping off or picking up directly from work.

2 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

Yeah primary school. In theory that should be the case but never gonna work out like that for everyone, whether it be people who live close but drop off on way to/from work right through to lazy c*nts that can't walk the length of themselves. I don't mind people dropping/picking up kids in their cars it's just the sheer selfishness and lack of any sense that drives me crazy. I used to live right across the road from the school and you would get people just parking across the entrance to my car park with their hazards on and double parking on corners all over the place and then give you abuse if you challenged them!

I'd fully welcome a car exclusion zone, I don't mind parking further away and walking the rest, just the mile and a quarter I am away now is a bit much to do with a 6 and a 4 year old, especially like my first point I'm more often than not dropping off or picking up directly from work.

I think the exclusion zones are a great idea however get that walking any kind of distance in the pishing rain with a 4 year old would be a nightmare. 

You should have just got the hose out and soaked the driver when they double parked citing over exuberant watering as the excuse