c***s on the road

50 minutes ago, ajwffc said:
1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:
Roundabouts you say? Try this one in Swindon 
_63126500_msn_magic_roundabout_470x350.jpg&key=cd727d6eed32e081d50cbc93c113bfd00e3480bdae0ae0fdb4190bb3b1bdd2e1

I have driven round it once. It is actually quite easy to navigate

Indeed and that's the whole point of it.  It's similar to the one in Hemel which I drive through often:

hemel.jpg.f3604ac5d85cb0454025b42d3eef3994.jpg

I think what confuses some drivers is that they think the big green bit in the middle is the roundabout.  It isn't.  It's a series of mini roundabouts and you can choose to go left or right depending on traffic and still end up where you planned to go.

People who drive up to a double lane roundabout in the inside lane, and don’t bother to stay in the inside lane as they drive round the roundabout, but instead just go straight across, using the outside lane, wether someone’s there or not.

I’ve got a section of road near me where it’s 4 roundabouts in quick succession and I can actually spot the cars that are going to do it now as they don’t bother lining their car up correctly coming on to the roundabout. Got an old woman driving a brand new Jag that done it at all 4 roundabouts the other day. She was completely oblivious as to what she was doing. 

6 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

People who drive up to a double lane roundabout in the inside lane, and don’t bother to stay in the inside lane as they drive round the roundabout, but instead just go straight across, using the outside lane, wether someone’s there or not.

I’ve got a section of road near me where it’s 4 roundabouts in quick succession and I can actually spot the cars that are going to do it now as they don’t bother lining their car up correctly coming on to the roundabout. Got an old woman driving a brand new Jag that done it at all 4 roundabouts the other day. She was completely oblivious as to what she was doing. 

It won't be brand new for long if she keeps that up...

It all depends on being aware of traffic around you who may be affected by your actions. If the road is completely clear I will use the shortest route through a roundabout or the opposing lane on a right hand bend for example. The problems described above are caused by drivers having no knowledge or care about vehicles around them.

Image result for arc de triomphe traffic

Ignore the stupid plane. Anyone that's been to the Arc de Triumph knows that this roundabout is utterly mental. In May I think we stood watching for about 15 minutes just people going in all directions at times, c***s diving off, diving in everything. 

960x0.jpg%253Ffit=scale&key=0f28d078e8dd44f1bee0f727c2a774c68653221124305c1db0ae54066ebbc843
Ignore the stupid plane. Anyone that's been to the Arc de Triumph knows that this roundabout is utterly mental. In May I think we stood watching for about 15 minutes just people going in all directions at times, c***s diving off, diving in everything. 
I'm not sure if it's the case or just an urban myth but in the photo you can see a blue line separating the inside two lanes from the rest - I was told that if you find yourself inside the blue line your insurance is no longer valid...

960x0.jpg%253Ffit=scale&key=0f28d078e8dd44f1bee0f727c2a774c68653221124305c1db0ae54066ebbc843
Been round that roundabout a couple of times on a tour bus and seen a number of near misses. Also seen the aftermath of a crash between a car and a coach(front of car sitting inside the luggage compartment of the coach. There is an underpass from each pavement to get to the Arc de Triumph but you still see tourists(was manly Asians and some Americans when I was there) crossing the roundabout to get there.

4 hours ago, ajwffc said:
6 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Been round that roundabout a couple of times on a tour bus and seen a number of near misses. Also seen the aftermath of a crash between a car and a coach(front of car sitting inside the luggage compartment of the coach. There is an underpass from each pavement to get to the Arc de Triumph but you still see tourists(was manly Asians and some Americans when I was there) crossing the roundabout to get there.

I embarrassed myself the first time I went to the Arc de Triomphe when I audibly mumbled "How the f**k are you meant to get across?" only to hear the response "There's an underpass, ken" from a random Aberdonian who was standing beside me.

20 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I embarrassed myself the first time I went to the Arc de Triomphe when I audibly mumbled "How the f**k are you meant to get across?" only to hear the response "There's an underpass, ken" from a random Aberdonian who was standing beside me.

Did you tell him that you're called Mark.

After driving back from France at the weekend, it has reinforced my belief that the police should have the power to publicly execute  people on the hard shoulder that hog the middle lane. Absolute worst c*nts.

You need to get over your trip to France mate

The amount of times I meet people coming round corners who are on the wrong side of the white line is frightening. One day they will be that far over it I'll get clipped.

Are people incapable of adjusting their speed to suit the road layout?

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

The amount of times I meet people coming round corners who are on the wrong side of the white line is frightening. One day they will be that far over it I'll get clipped.

Are people incapable of adjusting their speed to suit the road layout?

These p***ks and the ones who just cross over and drive on the wrong side without looking when there are parked cars/something stopped on their own side.