c***s on the road

40 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If a cyclist or motorcyclist is in your blindspot when you mirror check and you hit him when turning left, that's your fault.

I’m sorry on what fucking planet can it possibly be the driver’s fault when turning left if someone appears out of the blind spot trying to undertake them right on a turn? This is madness.

7 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’m sorry on what fucking planet can it possibly be the driver’s fault when turning left if someone appears out of the blind spot trying to undertake them right on a turn? This is madness.

I don't think you're fully aware of how blind spots work. A cyclist could be just off your rear left wheel when you swing left and clatter him. On busy urban streets you should always glance over your shoulder before turning left, that's why it's in the Highway Code.

56 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Filtering through traffic is legal, It would also apply if your in a queue of traffic and the cycle lane on left is moving faster.

On 03/08/2019 at 22:57, Jacksgranda said:

I tell what you do, c***y balls, you f*****g pay attention to the f*****g traffic and f*****g observe that you can't f*****g exit the f*****g roundabout so you don't f*****g enter it, that's what you f*****g do.

And do not give me the "acknowledge your patience wave" when you move off, what was I supposed to do, drive into your passenger side?

^^^

Everton supporter. 

57 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I don't think you're fully aware of how blind spots work. A cyclist could be just off your rear left wheel when you swing left and clatter him. On busy urban streets you should always glance over your shoulder before turning left, that's why it's in the Highway Code.

It isn’t requirement to check your blind spots every time you make a turn - ask any driving instructor. When changing lanes, overtaking, reversing, pull out into traffic yes you need to but it’s completely impractical to expect it every time you turn - anyone who says they do is a liar.

If the guy was on top of his mirrors and indicating in plenty of time then the motorcyclist is the only c**t here.

In saying that if you know there was a motorcyclist near you and all of a sudden you can’t see him in your mirrors it’s probably a good idea to check your blind spot.

Edited by eez-eh

22 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

It isn’t requirement to check your blind spots every time you make a turn - ask any driving instructor. When changing lanes, overtaking, reversing, pull out into traffic yes you need to but it’s completely impractical to expect it every time you turn - anyone who says they do is a liar.

If the guy was on top of his mirrors and indicating in plenty of time then the motorcyclist is the only c**t here.

In saying that if you know there was a motorcyclist near you and all of a sudden you can’t see him in your mirrors it’s probably a good idea to check your blind spot.

I'm just talking about busy city streets where kerbside is effectively another lane for cyclists, scooters and the like. If it was a 1000cc Kawasaki he was taking the pish.

A decent cyclist/motorcyclist would/should not put themselves in that position in the first place.

Being in the right is pretty irrelevant when you're lying in the gutter with broken bones. 

Despite the facts that a) he was speeding and b) he was attempting to undertake? If you think either or both of those are acceptable then, yes, I'm the bad driver. In your view, anyway.
a) Prove he was speeding. b) It isn't illegal to undertake and you still have a duty to check its clear if you're crossing a lane.

Glad you agree you're the bad driver in this case though.

6 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Sorry what? :lol:

So I’m going to turn left, check my mirrors and don’t see anyone, then as I turn left a motorbike flies out of my blind spot and attempts to undertake me... and I’m driving without due care and attention? f**k off.

So you're telling me you know there's a bit behind you that you can't see but you're going to turn left anyway because it's someone else's fault that you can't see?

Driving over a bridge today, two lanes. One right, one left. Right hand lane queued right back, left hand lane clear and the one I'm in.

Cyclist going as slow as he possibly can, and in middle of the lane, obviously couldn't pass him regardless due to the traffic in the other lane.

Boy behind me in a car flashing me and waving his hands, seemingly thinking I'm just crawling about for the crack.

Cyclist totally oblivious, seemingly to the red light aswell, as he fires through that without hesitating just seconds before traffic comes from another direction. 

Assume the rules of the road only apply to them when it suits.

3 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

So you're telling me you know there's a bit behind you that you can't see but you're going to turn left anyway because it's someone else's fault that you can't see?

Are you telling me you’re never allowed to turn left? At what point do you accept what you’ve seen and that there isn’t anything there likely to attempt a wild undertake at the worst possible moment?

7 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Are you telling me you’re never allowed to turn left? At what point do you accept what you’ve seen and that there isn’t anything there likely to attempt a wild undertake at the worst possible moment?

People don't appear out of thin air. Check your mirrors, pause, check again - in which time anybody in your "blind spot"* will have moved  and wow, whaddya know, you can see them. 

* Incidentally,if you have a blind spot it's because you haven't set your mirrors properly. 

19 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

a) Prove he was speeding. b) It isn't illegal to undertake and you still have a duty to check its clear if you're crossing a lane.

Glad you agree you're the bad driver in this case though.

a) I don't need to, his 'video'  does that for me;

b) it isn't per se but it's very often classed as dangerous driving and, again, his 'video' would demonstrate that.

Still waiting for the knock at my door two months later.

10 hours ago, scw1987 said:

a) I don't need to, his 'video'  does that for me;

Actually, in most (if not all) cases, they don't. No calibration you see. 

10 hours ago, scw1987 said:

b) it isn't per se but it's very often classed as dangerous driving and, again, his 'video' would demonstrate that.

In that case, yes, yes it would indeed. 

13 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

Actually, in most (if not all) cases, they don't. No calibration you see. 

The challenge was 'prove he was speeding', not 'prove he could be prosecuted for speeding' though. To a reasonable man it would be apparent from the 'video' what was happening.

23 minutes ago, scw1987 said:

The challenge was 'prove he was speeding', not 'prove he could be prosecuted for speeding' though. To a reasonable man it would be apparent from the 'video' what was happening.

A fair point sir. Please carry on. 

:)

2 hours ago, scw1987 said:

You still can't prove he was speeding though as this can't be proven from the naked eye. As mentioned, unless your camera is calibrated and can prove what speed the other guy is doing then you wouldn't be able to rely on this as an argument.