c***s on the road

Was driving in glasgow yesterday, sat nav took me down a street where road was closed. Followed the diversion and needed to make a left, was in left lane, indicated in plenty time and started to turn only to hear a loud horn, turned to look and there was a motorbike trying to undertake me as I was turning left! His hand signals made it clear he thought I was the c**t. I beg to differ!

Coming out of my estate last night and you have the left lane to go yknow left and the right lane to go, yep, you guessed it, right onto a roundabout which itself has 2 lanes.

As I will be going left at the end of the road, the usual course of action is to drive onto the roundabout and into the left lane as the right lane is right turn only at the last junction.

Mr Fannybaws in a yellow motor decides he would take the opportunity to go from the left turning lane right from my blind spot and straight across my path, without indicating his change of mind meaning I need to slam the break on and go into the wrong lane myself albeit there was no one there only for him to then decide that after all he wanted to be in the right lane all along and cut me off in that one too.

Stupid c**t with a stupid colour of a car who doesn't know how lanes, junctions, roundabouts or fucking indicators work.

7 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Was driving in glasgow yesterday, sat nav took me down a street where road was closed. Followed the diversion and needed to make a left, was in left lane, indicated in plenty time and started to turn only to hear a loud horn, turned to look and there was a motorbike trying to undertake me as I was turning left! His hand signals made it clear he thought I was the c**t. I beg to differ!

Assuming you didn't check your left mirror before you started to turn then there's 2 c***s in that story.

Assuming you didn't check your left mirror before you started to turn then there's 2 c***s in that story.

I did and he must've been in my blind spot! Being that I couldn't see him and I was in the left lane, turning left, I didnt expect him to be there.....

On 31/07/2019 at 12:58, Adam101 said:

I saw a taxi yesterday do the same thing and daunder down a 60 road at 25 mph I was fuming

I've yet to see a taxi driver impress me with their driving.

For a group who drive for a living to be so bad where as everyone else in the world (I've done the research) the more they do something the better they get at it. Pretty much sums up how much taxi drivers are just wasters.

You have the easiest job in the world and you're useless at that

14 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

For a group who drive for a living to be so bad where as everyone else in the world (I've done the research) the more they do something the better they get at it. Pretty much sums up how much taxi drivers are just wasters.

giphy-2.gif.db9b3c9948488e961e44198628367ebe.gif

Cue@Shull

On 03/08/2019 at 22:57, Jacksgranda said:

Traffic lights at red, traffic backed up the main street to the mini roundabout. Of course, Mr Unobservant drives on and blocks my exit. His wife puts on her "what do you do" face while flapping her hands vaguely in the direction of the queued traffic. I tell what you do, c***y balls, you f*****g pay attention to the f*****g traffic and f*****g observe that you can't f*****g exit the f*****g roundabout so you don't f*****g enter it, that's what you f*****g do.

And do not give me the "acknowledge your patience wave" when you move off, what was I supposed to do, drive into your passenger side?

Not quite the same but I have been caught out by this a couple of times because of idiots in front of me. For example I’ve been stuck sitting in a yellow crossed box stopping people from turning into a street because I’ve looked ahead, seen the space is there ahead of the car in front of me and followed them forward, only for them to stop unnecessarily far behind the car in front, leaving me sitting there like a plum and taking the seethe from the car I’m now blocking because the tit in front refuses to go forward for someone unknown reason.

4 hours ago, eez-eh said:

He’s in the left lane, turning left (unless I’ve misunderstood). If some nutter on a bike/motorbike attempts to undertake on a left hand turn rather than follow the traffic then it’s entirely their fault if they get fucked.

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

He’s in the left lane, turning left (unless I’ve misunderstood). If some nutter on a bike/motorbike attempts to undertake on a left hand turn rather than follow the traffic then it’s entirely their fault if they get fucked.

Oh dear oh dear.

Use your mirrors and give a left-turn signal well before you turn left. Do not overtake just before you turn left and watch out for traffic coming up on your left before you make the turn, especially if driving a large vehicle. Cyclists, motorcyclists and other road users in particular may be hidden from your view.

24 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Think you’ve missed the point - the motorcyclist is at fault however if you don’t check your mirrors before turning then you’re not entirely blameless in the situation either. There’s often several guilty parties in stuff like this - far too many people drive around thinking that just because someone else is in the wrong they must be in the right*.

* tbf to @pleslie99 this isn’t the case here as says he did check his mirrors, and it’s not feasible to check your blind spots every time you turn - so he is in fact not a c**t on the road.

On ‎02‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 14:56, nsr said:

Maybe it's just me but I missed the bit where he was he trying to undertake you.

I maybe should  have said that it was a 30 mph limit, apart from that the info you need's all there.

3 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Driving without due care and attention, between 3 & 9 points. 

Sorry what? :lol:

So I’m going to turn left, check my mirrors and don’t see anyone, then as I turn left a motorbike flies out of my blind spot and attempts to undertake me... and I’m driving without due care and attention? f**k off.

On ‎02‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 15:13, Ron Aldo said:

If he's already established in the lane that you were changing into then I'm afraid that makes you the bad driver in this case.

Despite the facts that a) he was speeding and b) he was attempting to undertake? If you think either or both of those are acceptable then, yes, I'm the bad driver. In your view, anyway.

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Sorry what? :lol:

So I’m going to turn left, check my mirrors and don’t see anyone, then as I turn left a motorbike flies out of my blind spot and attempts to undertake me... and I’m driving without due care and attention? f**k off.

If a cyclist or motorcyclist is in your blindspot when you mirror check and you hit him when turning left, that's your fault.