c***s on the road

18 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I've literally paid more for insurance as a new driver than have one of those stupid fucking spying boxes. Get those tae f**k, they should be mandatory for those c***s that constantly get it all wrong on the road.

I hate them with a passion, a total scam.

A few years ago an elderly driver drove straight across a junction and crashed into the rear driver's side of my parents' car. She continued up the road without stopping.

My parents put their car into the local garage. On the same day the other driver brought her car to the same garage. The mechanics clocked right away that it was the car that hit my parents' one. The old dear however said that she had crashed into a wall. Ended with her having her licence taken from her.

Once parked at a council car park to take the dogs to the beach. Came back to find a headlight panned in. An elderly driver had reversed into it. Fortunately a policeman was parked up waiting to go to an interview and saw what happened. He passed her details on. I've no doubt that if he hadn't been there she would just have gone on her way.

It should be noted that the car park holds about 200 cars and there was about 6 cars parked there at that time.

I cringe when it is a little windy. Feckers (99% old women) that dont realise when opening their doors in said conditions in car parks. Door flys open 90degrees. Hits paintwork etc.

"Oh sorry it was the wind"

No it was not you fecking brainless halfwit.

1 hour ago, Pumpkin Escobar said:

A few years ago an elderly driver drove straight across a junction and crashed into the rear driver's side of my parents' car. She continued up the road without stopping.

My parents put their car into the local garage. On the same day the other driver brought her car to the same garage. The mechanics clocked right away that it was the car that hit my parents' one. The old dear however said that she had crashed into a wall. Ended with her having her licence taken from her.

Once parked at a council car park to take the dogs to the beach. Came back to find a headlight panned in. An elderly driver had reversed into it. Fortunately a policeman was parked up waiting to go to an interview and saw what happened. He passed her details on. I've no doubt that if he hadn't been there she would just have gone on her way.

It should be noted that the car park holds about 200 cars and there was about 6 cars parked there at that time.

A lassie at my work in her 20s knocked off someone's wing mirror and drove off as quick as possible. 

Many years ago, another woman in her 20s at my work crashed into the only two other cars in quite a large car park. 

Conclusively proving that anecdotes are shite evidence for general propositions. 

4 hours ago, Pumpkin Escobar said:

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

A lassie at my work in her 20s knocked off someone's wing mirror and drove off as quick as possible. 

Many years ago, another woman in her 20s at my work crashed into the only two other cars in quite a large car park. 

Conclusively proving that anecdotes are shite evidence for general propositions. 

Nope, no conclusions can be drawn. None at all.

I've said this before on P&B, but I've personally witnessed at least half a dozen accidents that have been caused by some doddery old twat changing lanes / cutting folk up etc. forcing other drivers to take evasive action, meanwhile Archie Bunnet drives happily on oblivious to the carnage he's caused.

I'm always sceptical of statistics showing older drivers are the safest ones around.

Younger driver v useless old codger story.

A couple of months ago I was in the outside lane coming up to lights at red when they changed so I carried on. After passing the last of the traffic in the inside lane, doing 30mph, I indicated left and moved over. At this point a younger driver fires his horn and flashes his lights at me, then follows me 2 miles down the road, does a U-turn at a pedestrian crossing when I pull in to go the shop, stops opposite me on the other side of the road in the outside lane and starts telling me he's reporting me to the Polis and has the video. Good luck explaining to them why you were trying to undertake me at excessive speed, then, I says, and walks away.

Still waiting for the knock on the door.

A couple of months ago I was in the outside lane coming up to lights at red when they changed so I carried on. After passing the last of the traffic in the inside lane, doing 30mph, I indicated left and moved over. At this point a younger driver fires his horn and flashes his lights at me, then follows me 2 miles down the road, does a U-turn at a pedestrian crossing when I pull in to go the shop, stops opposite me on the other side of the road in the outside lane and starts telling me he's reporting me to the Polis and has the video. Good luck explaining to them why you were trying to undertake me at excessive speed, then, I says, and walks away.

Does that make you the useless old codger?

1 hour ago, scw1987 said:

Maybe it's just me but I missed the bit where he was he trying to undertake you.

2 hours ago, scw1987 said:

If he's already established in the lane that you were changing into then I'm afraid that makes you the bad driver in this case.

5 hours ago, hk blues said:

Aye, never let the facts get in the way of a good story

The facts are that I've witnessed at least half a dozen accidents directly caused by doddery old twats who won't appear in any statistics relating to those accidents.

14 hours ago, Gaz said:

The facts are that I've witnessed at least half a dozen accidents directly caused by doddery old twats who won't appear in any statistics relating to those accidents.

I witnessed an old guy literally reverse into a person (not their car, the actual fucking person) when coming out of a space in a car park, and not even bat an eyelid before driving off. Luckily he was driving slowly (but still fast enough to thud into a person, knocking them over) but he still didn’t notice and causally drove away. Unreal. Got the number plate but the person knocked over was annoyingly not fussed about it so wanted to leave it.

15 hours ago, Gaz said:

There would appear to be a common factor here. Were you wearing something very revealing?

Traffic lights at red, traffic backed up the main street to the mini roundabout. Of course, Mr Unobservant drives on and blocks my exit. His wife puts on her "what do you do" face while flapping her hands vaguely in the direction of the queued traffic. I tell what you do, c***y balls, you f*****g pay attention to the f*****g traffic and f*****g observe that you can't f*****g exit the f*****g roundabout so you don't f*****g enter it, that's what you f*****g do.

And do not give me the "acknowledge your patience wave" when you move off, what was I supposed to do, drive into your passenger side?