c***s on the road

Just now, MixuFixit said:

I'm sure the majority of older drivers are safer statistically than younger drivers, but there's a tail of doddery folk who are a hazard at the wheel.

You never read stories of 25 year olds getting confused and driving the wrong way on a motorway for example.

Indeed, an entirely different risk profile.

Based on absolutely nothing I'd guess accidents/idiocy with elderly folk are more numerous but accidents with younger lads are more fatal.

7 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I'm sure the majority of older drivers are safer statistically than younger drivers, but there's a tail of doddery folk who are a hazard at the wheel.

You never read stories of 25 year olds getting confused and driving the wrong way on a motorway for example.

Also folk under 50 know what to do at a mini roundabout.

The panic in pensioners when they approach 1 is enough to make me carry a bazooka.

2 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

The panic in pensioners when they approach 1 is enough to make me carry a bazooka.

The number of drivers who ignore/ fail to understand two lanes in mini-roundabouts is indeed worrying, but not necessarily age-related in my experience...  

9 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

A reckless driver from Derbyshire has been jailed for more than nine years for killing two men when he drove the wrong way down a motorway slip road - while over the limit.

Best friends Adam Afsar, 34, and Jason Wilby, 27, died when a car driven by 23-year-old Taryl Moxam crashed into their Skoda on a slip road of the M62 at the Chain Bar roundabout, near Bradford, in April last year.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/man-killed-best-friends-driving-2777240

I saw a young lassie in an MX5 doing the same thing at the Annandale Services on the M74, she got confused at the roundabout and tried to drive north up the southbound sliproad. 

6 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

The number of drivers who ignore/ fail to understand two lanes in mini-roundabouts is indeed worrying, but not necessarily age-related in my experience...  

If it's a mini roundabout - just painted on - I drive straight over the c***s. 

21 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

I'm astonished to find that all these young drivers that know absolutely everything and are driving geniuses have more accidents than the rest of us put together. Astonished I tell you.

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

If it's a mini roundabout - just painted on - I drive straight over the c***s. 

^^^ old c**t on the road

Something mad like 5 crashes within a 15 mile stretch on the a9 in the last couple of days. I am glad to have spent most of this month outside the country.

I was driving from Inverness down to aviemore 2 weekends ago. There was one car who seemed to be on a suicide mission. Between the slochd and the first aviemore turnoff he had 3 incidents that could easily, and probably should have, cause head on collisions from him trying to overtake in stupid places.

It was a full car and it seemed like a family and it always makes me wonder what goes through their minds to keep on doing that and putting not just your family but the people in the oncoming car in danger. Plus on that stretch he must have got there about 30 seconds before me.

22 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

This. Oh, so much this. There's a mini-roundabout in Pocklington* which, I swear, when you approach it in the hours of daylight, will most of the time have at least two, and often all four, entrances blocked by fuckwits sit there with no idea who has priority. Until they all lose patience simultaneously and go for it.

I should be fair and say that these are not all coffin-dodgers, but often just locals confused by the operation of any vehicle not made by John Deere or Massey Ferguson.

* " According to the 2011 UK census, Pocklington parish had a population of 8,337, an increase on the 2001 UK census figure of 7,632. The civil parish is not very ethnically diverse, with the 2001 UK census reporting 98.8% of the 7,632 inhabitants being white. " -  that's less than 100 non-white residents. Proper Banjo Country, butf or us, it's the Bright Lights. Well, it's got a Sainsbury's.

3 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

This. Oh, so much this. There's a mini-roundabout in Pocklington* which, I swear, when you approach it in the hours of daylight, will most of the time have at least two, and often all four, entrances blocked by fuckwits sit there with no idea who has priority. Until they all lose patience simultaneously and go for it.

I should be fair and say that these are not all coffin-dodgers, but often just locals confused by the operation of any vehicle not made by John Deere or Massey Ferguson.

* " According to the 2011 UK census, Pocklington parish had a population of 8,337, an increase on the 2001 UK census figure of 7,632. The civil parish is not very ethnically diverse, with the 2001 UK census reporting 98.8% of the 7,632 inhabitants being white. " -  that's less than 100 non-white residents. Proper Banjo Country, butf or us, it's the Bright Lights. Well, it's got a Sainsbury's.

Peugeot drivers?

24 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

Kunt in front of me yesterday evening. Five junctions negotiated over 4-5 miles and he didn't indicate once :angry:

I saw a taxi yesterday do the same thing and daunder down a 60 road at 25 mph I was fuming

On 29/07/2019 at 23:31, NewBornBairn said:

I'm astonished to find that all these young drivers that know absolutely everything and are driving geniuses have more accidents than the rest of us put together. Astonished I tell you.

I fit in the 24-29 category, so there you go.

Most young drivers coming in to my work have those daft boxes these days, so the moment they speed they get an email. 

The "statistics" show more crashes from young folk because they actually report it when they've bumped into folk, theres about 6 old folk come into my work with new scratches and dents on their car every year with absolutely no fucking clue when it happened.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I fit in the 24-29 category, so there you go.

Most young drivers coming in to my work have those daft boxes these days, so the moment they speed they get an email. 

The "statistics" show more crashes from young folk because they actually report it when they've bumped into folk, theres about 6 old folk come into my work with new scratches and dents on their car every year with absolutely no fucking clue when it happened.

Accident stats would be vastly different if folk actually took responsibility for banging into/scraping parked cars at supermarkets and the like. My OH's car got reversed into by some old c**t up at the leisure centre car park a couple of years back. The doddery c**t didn't even realise he'd done it, and left his VW Touareg sitting against her front bumper. When confronted about it he denied all knowledge and accused her of faking the prang to get money out of him. His daughter even had the cheek to accuse her of bullying her old man 😂

We got the Police involved who checked the centre's CCTV. He changed his tune fucking rapidly after that and offered to pay for the repair himself as he didn't want to involve insurance companies. Obvs we took it to the most expensive body shop in the area.

Old c***s can moan about young drives all they want, however it's undeniable that young drivers are subject to far more stringent driving tests than they ever were, equally undeniable that eyesight and reflexes deteriorate over time, and therefore drivers should be re-tested. It's an utter nonsense that there are folk pottering about on the roads that haven't had any sort of driving examination for about 60+ years.