c***s on the road

If you don't have the patience to pass a cyclist until you are passed a blind bend, then you shouldn't be fucking driving. I nearly ended up in a ditch on the road between archerfield and east fortune today after having to swerve to avoid an impatient c**t

16 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

The quality of driving produced from the 60+ brigade has to see a change to the law.

Resit your test every decade from 60 I say. Early prediction that more than half over 60s will fail and 9/10 over 70s will fail.

You could probably get a decent amount off the road by checking their eyesight as well. I've seen police tweeting how they've stopped a driver and they can hardly see in front of them.

On 27/07/2019 at 22:12, Gaz FFC said:

Also whilst I'm ranting people that go slow on motorways etc are more a menace than those who speed.

Braking distance is just as if not more important than speed.

Braking distance is just as if not more important than speed.
It's definitely more important. You could be doing 10 or 100 but if you're too close to the car in front relatively, then you're a fucking idiot.
I was being driven back from Glasgow to Aberdeen one time from a mate and he didn't overtake anyone until he was about 3 meters behind them, absolute shitting your pants stuff at speed.

Some of the driving you see from old c***s is ridiculous. An old boot pulled out of Asda's car park in Forfar up towards the main road and completely ignored the red lights, trundling out in front of traffic. Horrendous. I agree with the post above. Resit your test at 60. You get three attempts, and handed your fucking bus pass if you fail them all.

What happened over the past few days that turned people into complete fucking wankers?

Saturday - M8 crash, 1 fatality.

Saturday - A85 crash at Crainlarach, 1 fatality.

Sunday - Serious crash on the A82, closure from Luss to Tarbet.

Sunday - some w****r wiped out the pedestrian crossing lights outside my house at 9 in the morning.

Today - Crash on the M8 around Abbotsinch, 1 hour traffic jam.

Wee bit of rain after the nice weather and everybody is suddenly unable to drive to the road conditions?

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

It's definitely more important. You could be doing 10 or 100 but if you're too close to the car in front relatively, then you're a fucking idiot.
I was being driven back from Glasgow to Aberdeen one time from a mate and he didn't overtake anyone until he was about 3 meters behind them, absolute shitting your pants stuff at speed.

Don't understand that at all, you get a much better view of the road ahead from further back.  

On 27/07/2019 at 22:12, Gaz FFC said:

Early prediction that more than half over 60s will fail and 9/10 over 70s will fail.

Yours or from a survey? 60's drivers are the safest on the road, in America at least.

aaa_fig1.png

https://aaafoundation.org/rates-motor-vehicle-crashes-injuries-deaths-relation-driver-age-united-states-2014-2015/

P.S. I see there's a pick up in fatality rates for the 50's when they think buying a high powered motorbike or car will fulfill a childhood dream and get their virility back.

Edited by welshbairn

16 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

What happened over the past few days that turned people into complete fucking wankers?

Saturday - M8 crash, 1 fatality.

Saturday - A85 crash at Crainlarach, 1 fatality.

Sunday - Serious crash on the A82, closure from Luss to Tarbet.

Sunday - some w****r wiped out the pedestrian crossing lights outside my house at 9 in the morning.

Today - Crash on the M8 around Abbotsinch, 1 hour traffic jam.

Wee bit of rain after the nice weather and everybody is suddenly unable to drive to the road conditions?

People are fucking morons though.

It's not just doing things to the road conditions either - there are a huge number of idiots who will attempt things in the rain or even snow that they wouldn't even consider in the dry, and it's all to save them the 5 fucking seconds they might have to wait.

Try the roundabout at King St with St Machar Dr and School Rd in Aberdeen

All 4 exits of the roundabout have pedestrian crossings with lights within 15 to 30 feet of the roundabout.
Queues on the roundabout very common

I've noticed in the area in which I live a number of recently redeveloped roads which feature pedestrian crossings mere yards away from a larger-than-mini-roundabout. Naturally this means that if traffic is busy and someone is crossing on the green man, the entire roundabout will probably be at a standstill for several seconds. Is this some new thing or are the road planners in this area uniquely untalented?

40 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Don't understand that at all, you get a much better view of the road ahead from further back.  

Pretty much everybody seems to have forgotten that though as they trundle along at 40mph.

Much better to stick up right behind the vehicle in front so as not too let in the idiot trying to overtake you. They mustn't get ahead. They just mustn't. 

40 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Yours or from a survey? 60's drivers are the safest on the road, in America at least.

aaa_fig1.png

https://aaafoundation.org/rates-motor-vehicle-crashes-injuries-deaths-relation-driver-age-united-states-2014-2015/

P.S. I see there's a pick up in fatality rates for the 50's when they think buying a high powered motorbike or car will fulfill a childhood dream and get their virility back.

I've had to take evasive action on several occasions to avoid a collision with these coffin dodging buffoons.

Well no fucking more if some stat is gonnae tell me they're safe it can f**k right off.

3 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I've had to take evasive action on several occasions to avoid a collision with these coffin dodging buffoons.

Well no fucking more if some stat is gonnae tell me they're safe it can f**k right off.

Proving that impatient youngsters are the biggest threat on the roads. This has nothing to do with my bus pass arriving in the post a couple of days ago, btw.

Unusually for me I was driving about sundown in the smirr on Saturday night, coming up the Avon Gorge Road to join the M9 at Linlithgow junction.

Wee fandan in a silver civic with no lights on and right up my hoop making it plain he’s very impatient but making no effort to line up an overtake.

Leaving the roundabout and onto the M9 sliproad that I had managed to navigate with zero drama in my 2tonne SUV, look in my mirror and the civic comes pirouetting down the slip road behind me. f**k knows how he managed it.

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

aaa_fig1.png

I'm astonished to find that all these young drivers that know absolutely everything and are driving geniuses have more accidents than the rest of us put together. Astonished I tell you.

If that's purely a measure of the number of accidents. aren't those stats somewhat skewed by the fact that there are probably less people driving > 60 than < 60?

5 minutes ago, nsr said:

If that's purely a measure of the number of accidents. aren't those stats somewhat skewed by the fact that there are probably less people driving > 60 than < 60?

"Rate per 100M miles driven"